Zoo Recap Jamie Mitch Reunite

Zoo Recap: Haven... and Hell

This week on CBS’ Zoo, Jamie’s arrival in Caraquet was full of surprises bad and good, while the rest of the team reeled from a loss — and a new discovery.

In fact, there is no Caraquet. At least not anymore, seeing as it is consumed by flames when Jamie and Logan arrive on the outskirts. From there, they are chased by a growling something, yet saved by a mysterious band of people in masks. But worry not, they’re just the kindly members of a group of survivors hunkered down inside a well-fortified school! All is good!

But it’s not. Not at all. Because as we all know, a sought-after postapocalyptic haven is never a haven. No, Jamie and Logan get word from a young girl named Maddie that they would be well advised to run. Alas, community leader Gwen susses out Maddie’s snitching and confirms for the noobs that it’s time to vote on the next “feeding” — as in the human they will sacrifice to the beasts outside.

When the vote targets tattletale Maddie, Jamie volunteers to go with the girl. But before she does, she slips Logan a spray paint canister to lob inside one of the burning barrels by the fence. When he does, the explosion creates a commotion — as well as a breach in the perimeter, through which the pack of polar bears that were about to feast on Jamie and Maddie instead stroll through. Jamie, Logan and Maddie make a beeline for a broken-down school bus, but decline to let Gwen join in their refuge. When the bears surround the bus after mauling Gwen, Jamie braces herself to go mano a bearo, but before she can mix up it, the beats are tranq’d — by Dariela, who has just arrived with, much more importantly to Jamie, Mitch!

Leading up to the team’s riding to Jamie’s rescue…

Chloe was Zoo Recap Chloe Diesrescued from the gas-filled corridor, and while she had a few gasps left in her on the jet, her fate was sealed. Before expiring, she confirmed Jamie’s location as well as uttered  the words”The Courier” to Jackson. Afterward, Jackson grills Dariela about not having “two seconds” to let Chloe through the door, and then in private he pumps out a few tears. Of the black, oily kind…!?

Later, the jet is commandeered, setting the stage for the dramatic introduction of its owner, Deputy Secretary of Defense Allison Shaw aka Mitch’s stepmom, to whom he hasn’t spoken in 12 years. Allison reveals that her family’s orchard on the West Coast has somehow been crippled by the animals, and they can’t let General Davies know that the food supply is now at risk. In trade for helping her investigate the matter, Allison promises to give the team her jet, no questions asked, as well as everything she knows about zoo-season-2-snake-throat“The Courier.” Arriving at the orchard, it is eventually surmised that snakes are poisoning the water supply, potentially affecting the entire Pacific Northwest. Mitch whips up a serum that will shut down the slitherers’ brains, but ingests (for hasty human testing) his first/only dose, just as a snake escapes on the plane. Jackson volunteers to capture the snake, and sure enough, his infected state makes him immune to the creature — and paves the way for him to ‘fess up to the others.

Mitch explains to the team that they need Jackson around, in that he is the key to the cure, possessing as he does some of the lonnnnng-dormant, non-functional genetic instructions as some of the other animals. If the team can find and study three more types of key animals, Mitch can crack the code and make a cure that eliminates the third DNA helix. Afterward, Jackson invites Dariela to stay with the team — to put a bullet in him if his mutation gets out of hand, she realizes in private.

What did you think of Chloe’s confirmed fate, Jamie and Mitch’s reunion, and the rest of “The Moon and the Star”?

1. Erica says:

I’m upset!

2. Josh says:

Well they definitely diverted from the book with Poor Chloe :( in the book she’s alive at the end Married to Jackson and they have kids I believe? Upset that they killed her off Poor Jackson :(

• Erica says:

I assume this means that Jackson dies in the end too.

• James says:

At least Chloe won’t live to see her parents being mauled alive when her apartment in Paris was attacked at the beginning of the second book.

• Lou says:

Losing Chloe and getting Jamie was a bad trade off. Chloe was more likeable. And Dariela at this point is positively loathsome.
      This show has a woman problem, they only had one likeable female character in Chloe and they killed her and replaced her with a new woman like it was nothing.
      I’m out.

3. MissBrnEyes says:

I don’t think she’s dead. Shows always make statements about these things. I think it’s a ruse.

4. James D says:

didn’t even finish the episode, sorry couldn’t take it. I don’t watch TV to see protagonists and their loved ones die life is hard and serious enough and unfortunately it seems to becoming the norm in TV to kill off main characters and frankly I could be spending my time reading a good book and listening to zen music to recoup from a hard days work. maybe I’m being to sensitive about it but I’d rather chill and be happy watching my favorite shows and not depressed.

• Penn says:

I totally agree with you. I really don’t want to watch this show anymore because I don’t trust the writers not to do something devastating again!

• Patrick says:

I don’t watch this show, but I sort of track it via this site. I’m tired of writers killing of main characters and gloomy endings. Yes it is more real life. But real life is pretty dreary. My life is by no means bad. But it is mediocre. As are the lives of all my friends. Full of disappointment and regret. Which is why I love TV. Its an escape. Its hard to escape my dreary life if TV shows are just as dreary. JUST GIVE US A HAPPY ENDING ALREADY.

• Lou says:

They’ll definitely kill at least 2 more. I’m betting on Abraham next.

• brenna says:

I completely agree with you and was thinking these same thoughts. At least if you read a sad book, you don’t have very much time invested and can just pick up another one. I’m extremely disappointed about Chloe and am very disappointed with my two summer shows, The Last Ship and Zoo. They seem to kill favorite regulars with no problem. Just because there are shows out there that kill main characters regularly doesn’t mean they should all do it.

• Maya says:

I agree. Worse thing is they kill off these characters, mainly female, and replace them with clones or unlikeable female characters. In Zoo they kill Chloe and replace her with Mitch’s stepmom, in the Last Ship they kill Val and replace her with that Australian lady (a clone, more or less) and Rachel with Sasha (very unlikeable, imo)..though I am still banking on the latter being alive still..It seems to be a trend going on this summer especially and, they do not seem to notice, NO ONE likes it.

• Morisot says:

LOL. That’s why I think our favorite show these days is “Arthur” (PBS cartoon)

• Jim says:

Agreed. When Chloe died so did my desire to watch the show again.

• Lou says:

I agree. The show’s credits advertised itself this season as a team of characters who were going to save the world.
      Killing one of them was mean and frankly, kinda fraudulent.

5. dan says:

So the last few episodes had featured the Scooby team with their high-tech jet then this week the show became The Hunger Games mixed with a throwback scene from Alien. I kinda miss last season’s “crazed animal of the week” storytelling themes which were campy and fun. This season’s darker, post apocalyptic plot lines are depressing. But they’ve got me hooked because for some strange reason I actually care about how this turns out!

6. drb999 says:

I think I’m going to drop this show now. Really, guys? this cast had nice chemistry together. The new character upsets that because she’s so annoying. .

• Alex says:

I totally agree!! I stopped watching when Chloe died. I also liked Season 1 a lot and am disappointed in season 2, I will not waste anymore time on Zoo.

• Gregory says:

I”m right there with you.Have had a hard time watching season 2, but this was the final straw. I am done.

• James says:

But the team came together knowing they’re going to put their lives at risk. For such a very dangerous mission, casualties to the team is bound to happen.

• Lou says:

‘casualties to the team is bound to happen’
        Killing core characters is always a choice, and if that was the show they were making, they should realistically have killed some of them in season1.
        They’ve survived far worse things than poison gas.
        Also, they actually state in the credits that this team are going to find a cure. Now they’ve started killing them, the audience knows any or all of them can die. The premise, and the viewer’s trust is utterly lost.

• James says:

Unfortunate things happen to otherwise good people. That’s how life is.

Just because you are a core character doesn’t mean that the stars will always align your way.

7. Ray says:

I binged watch this entire show a couple weekends ago, this makes me regret every moment of it. Chloe and Jacksons relationship sets the tone early on in the series as far as the group goes. What a waste of time invested in them, no real payoff. Was hoping maybe she was mutating from the gas and it slowed her body down ,thats how sick i am of the trend of killing off characters just for shock sake. Looking at you Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Arrow, Vampire Diaries._._._.Pretty much every CW show. #SaveChloe

8. Yola says:

I wish Chloe had survived and Logan had died trying to save Jamie from a polar bear.

Too bad.

9. Bill says:

No Chloe, no more Zoo for me. I’m done. Idiotic move by the Zoo showrunner.

10. kaycee says:

First, I think it is dumb of cbs to kill off chloe. Hopefully she’s only in a comatosed sleep where her heart beat is so shallow that it is undetectable..
    Second, once chloe wakes up and rejoins the gang, hopefully cbs won’t go killing off any of the main characters bcuz if they do, I will bet my last dollar cbs loses zillions of viewers!

11. Maryann says:

I watched all of Seqson 1 and had been trying to get into season 2 – recently trunated my second effort to watch the first episode. But after reading how absurd the show has become, AND killing Chloe, I’m not going to bother trying again.

12. Maria says:

I knew I should have just stuck with the Cubs-Mets game…
    Never liked that stupid Dariela character from the moment she showed up and now she essentially killed Chloe. At this point, I’m rooting for the mutant animals. Sigh.

13. Jarbie says:

IMDB shows her in 23 episodes, same as all the other main cast members. something is up.

I haven’t caught up (but will now because I am more Team JaMitch than Team Jackson and Chloe).

Anyway, maybe it isn’t what we think…let’s hope they didn’t deviate that much from the book. I haven’t read it but I’d like to think that Jackson and Chloe live happily ever after. :)

14. Stephanie says:

I am so happy Mitch and Jamie are back together!!!! <3 It is sad about Chloe, yes. But I was never Team Jackson and Chloe. I love Mitch and Jamie's relationship the best. <3

• Yola says:

I agree with you 100% It was about time Mitch and Jamie reunited! They are great together. A solid team.

It is actually Billy Burke and Kristen Connolly that keep me watching the show.

The addition of the new characters is disappointing. I don’t like any of them so far.

I wish they had kept it the original team only.

15. B says:

Can someone explain why Chloe died from that “gas,” I thought it was suppose to only kill off the animals with the funky genetics?? I know this show doesn’t follow a lot of logic but I just don’t understand…

• Stephanie says:

It was not the neutralizer they grabbed, it was the poison canister they grabbed I think. What everyone else (except you and myself) seems to be forgetting…is it is a TV show. They still have a coupling to root for, and that is Jamie and Mitch. Chloe dying was sad, she will be missed on the show, but it should not make people stop watching because of that.

• Lou says:

‘it should not make people stop watching because of that.’
        People should stop watching if what they enjoy is no longer on screen.
        If people watched TV for just any old coupling, why even pick a particular show?
        You might as well just watch anything…

16. Richard says:

Was surprised and didn’t like that Chloe died. Looking forward to Season 3

17. Sara says:

I am upset Chloe is gone. She made the show for me. I hope they just finish season 2 quickly and end the series. The book was way better and this show is nothing like it. I’m actually surprised Patterson is ok with this.

18. Lou says:

Why let Chloe survive only to kill her on the plane?
    Was her most important function to pass on Jamie’s message?

• Stephanie says:

I truly believe her most important function was to do just that. Let them know where Jamie was and to pass on information about this “Courier”. =)

19. Amrusanie says:

I will definitely miss Chloe but my faves are Mitch, Jamie and Abraham. I will continue to watch while they are still in the show.

20. Elizabeth says:

This is all very weird, can’t believe Chloe is actually dead !! And what’s with this whole stepmother deal ?

21. Darrin says:

What’s the deal with snake coming out of the guy? Completely unreal, how did it get in?

22. Just Me says:

So Chloe is really dead!!! I Keep thinking she is going to wake up and get out that freezer thing they place her body in. At this point, I don’t know if I’m going to continue. I was hoping to see what would happen with her and Jackson. I honestly don’t know if I’m going to finish the season. I mean I’m ok with them killing characters but not the most interesting ones.

23. Amanda says:

Isn’t Jamie supposed to be somewhere in New Brunswick? Where are these polar bears coming from? This drove me nuts, there are no polar bears in New Brunswick or anywhere in that area of Canada!

24. Vicki says:

I think they should have been able to save Chloe! She added to the show plus the show didn’t finish developing her relationship with Jackson!

25. Annette Rivas says:

I despise this Dariela character. Seriously? You take Chloe and give us this military caricature? Nope. I’m out. Bye bye, Zoo. It was nice while it lasted.