Will the police ever catch the Pretty Little Liars? Was Elliott really A.D.? Is Ezra’s dead girlfriend actually alive? All of these questions… will have to wait, because someone is (possibly) getting married!
As promised, the final moments of Tuesday’s episode gave us the #PLLProposal of our damn dreams; Ezra got down on one knee and presented Aria with an engagement ring — and not the fake kind Hanna’s been rocking these past few weeks.
“When you walked through the door after [the five-year time jump], it felt like the last flat stretch of track on a rollercoaster ride right before it comes to a stop,” he told her. “That’s when I knew. I want you in my life, Aria, for the rest of my life, and I don’t ever want to let you go.”
We’ll have to wait a few weeks for Aria’s answer, but at least the episode’s final scene gave us something to mull over until then: Noel Kahn is finally back in Rosewood!
Now that we’ve gotten the episode’s big, romantic moment out of the way, let’s talk about how everyone — both the Liars and their potential enemies — was at their shadiest this week:
* Aria, for deleting Ezra’s call from Nicole off his cell phone because it was “for the best.” (What?) This is honestly the 2016 version of Rachel deleting Emily’s message from Ross’ answering machine on Friends.
* Mary, for telling Alison some ridiculous sob story about how Elliott “double-crossed” her, insisting that he “tricked” her into driving Ali insane and that they’ve since parted ways. (Not going to lie, though, Mary’s looking like one of the less shady characters at this moment.)
* Spencer, for acting like she’d never met Toby’s new boss before — let alone got tender with him in an elevator at the Radley. That said, I kind of loved when she called him Toby-Wan Kenobi. It was real cute.
* A.D., for sending Emily one of my all-time favorite text threats after getting her A- on a test she didn’t even take. Seriously, I want “Thank me later, ungrateful bitch” embroidered on a decorative pillow immediately.
* Sara Harvey, for shadily commending Emily on finishing college: “Must be nice to finish what you started.” Seriously? Who says that to someone in passing?! … Sara’s also on my list for forging a sexy alliance with Jenna. (I nearly lost it during their “Are you a sour girl?” / “Well, I can be!” exchange.)
Your thoughts on this week’s big “Ezria” proposal? Noel Kahn’s return? Whatever’s on your mind, drop it in a comment below.