First Lady Michelle Obama Does Carpool Karaoke — Watch a Teaser

James Corden makes one of his most special “Carpool Karaoke” pick-ups this Wednesday, when The Late Late Show welcomes Michelle Obama.

In the teaser above (via AOL’s Makers.com/thisisformygirls), the First Lady explains that getting to sit in the front-row passenger seat of a car is a bit of a treat for her, seeing as she has rarely been able to do so during the past seven-and-a-half years.

In the July 20 episode of the CBS talker, Obama joins Corden to sing, among other tunes (including some Beyonce), “This Is For My Girls,” the Diane Warren-penned anthem inspired by the Let Girls Learn initiative and the 62 million girls around the world who do not have access to education.

Watch the preview above and share your early review for the FLOTUS/Corden duets.

1. LaLa says:

Gross.

2. Kevin K says:

This is going to be awesome come Wednesday.

3. Noka says:

When a countrys First Lady start behaving like an average woman and do things like that, how can you take seriously a country. I mean you dont see another First lady in other country doing what Michelle does? I mean other First ladies take seriously their jobs and do not participate in entertainment shows like that or doing things like that

• peterwdawson says:

As opposed to what? Active Canadian Prime Ministers have appeared on sitcoms and sketch shows, ditto Israel and Australia. Really be glad that your national leader and his wife actually have energy and charm and don’t instead feel stiff and ill at ease when doing these appearances. It helps them reach out to people who may not normally watch news programs, and it shows their human side.

• Oscar the Oddity says:

I like that the Obamas have done appearances like this, as well as their frequent use of social media. To me, it shows that my president and first lady are in touch with the public. Bush was too busy laughing and telling jokes at inappropriate times, and now he dances at funerals. I think Michelle Obama has shown grace and poise in her time in the White House, especially with the amount of criticism and shade thrown in her direction.

They’re going to be heading out of office in six months. If you don’t like them then feel free to have a party on the day that our first female POTUS is sworn in. (Fingers crossed — I’ll leave it to you to determine if they’re crossed to bring good luck, or in the shape of a cross to ward off the other guy.)

• AllyR says:

Voting for Hillary because she’s a woman, is like eating a turd because it looks like a tootsie roll (actually don’t eat a tootsie roll either that stuff is nasty).

Have you not been paying attention to the news on her? Or have you been too wrapped up in the distractions?

I will say though, seeing the First Lady do this, I’m not sure of it. While she doesn’t have governmental responsibilities per se, she does have a responsibility to her husband’s office, and station. It is a bit unbecoming, and saying other countries did it is like saying Johnny jumped off the bridge so I followed.

• Mary says:

That is presumptuous of you to assume someone is voting for her because she is a Women. Yes everyone has seen the new lately about her, in fact it goes back years since her husband has been in the white house. Many have the belief that one is innocent until proven guilty and despite the GOP several attempts and millions of money spent that has not happened. Did you ever think maybe one is voting for her because the alternative is worse, or maybe because the party believe in EQUAL rights for ALL not a select few like the Republicans. Please explain what is unbecoming of her doing this. The fact that she is the First Lady or the fact that she shows a human side that certain other individuals have no clue how to. Look on the bright side if Trump is elected how would you feel about his wife who posed nude?

• Lucifer says:

It’s presumptive to assume someone is voting for Hillary because she appears to be a woman when that person in question refers to her as “our future first female president.” Not to mention there are plenty of videos at Hillary rallies with many women and men openly saying they will vote for her just because she is a woman.

If you believe in “innocent until proven guilty” then you must also agree Bill Cosby is innocent as well since there is nothing but allegations against him at this time. You also have to believe all accused rapists and cops who kill a suspect to be innocent until proven guilty as well.

I’d also like to point out the FBI basically said she was guilty and other people have been punished for the same thing, but they would not pursue her violations any further.

I keep hearing from people that republicans are trying to limit rights, aside from transgender rights, what are the others? Or is this just another democrat hoax to scare voters?

• Mary says:

The FBI said she was careless not guilty of breaking any laws therefore not pressing charges. The final report about Bengazi not
            responsible for the deaths. What rights beside against the LGBT community. I don’t know what about a Women’s right to have an abortion that they keep trying to get thrown out. What about Planned Parenthood funding. What about allowing public business to discriminate against others. The list goes on but you get the drift.

• Marika says:

I cannot believe what I’ve just read!! I’m Italian and I had the leader of MY Country screwing around with underage girls: THAT is inappropriate. You’re lucky to have leaders who did not forget to be humans and most important, who are not forgetting that after this time they will go back to a normal life.

• Gwen Loomis says:

I guess you weren’t born when President Nixon appeared on “Laugh-In” (“Sock it to meee?”) Given all of the initiatives Mrs. Obama has started to get children involved in eating better and exercising more, I think we can let her have a little fun. If you don’t think she takes her “job” seriously, you haven’t been paying attention for the last 7-plus years.

• sarah t says:

I don’t know that it’s a good idea to really compare any president to Nixon… He didn’t exactly set the bar.

• Rock Golf says:

Exactly!.
      Like Nancy Reagan appearing on Diff’rent Strokes.

Or Barbara Bush on Who Wants to be a Millionaire or Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue.

Or Laura Bush on American Idol or Ellen.
      Amirite?

4. Greg says:

First Lady isn’t a job… She has no governmental responsibilities. Get that stick out of your ass, she’s been an amazing First Lady.

5. Lala says:

This is going to be awesome…I really enjoy this Carpool segment. Next up Obama himself I’m hoping.

6. Jae says:

Donald Trump better not watch this, because I already know what he is going to say.

7. Fantastic! Cant wait to watch the entire thing

8. HAP says:

Michelle is such a beautiful, bright and classy woman.

9. Oscar the Oddity says:

I would never vote for HRC simply because she’s a woman. I did not vote for Obama simply because he’s a man, or because he’s African-American, or because he has a college degree. I vote based on issues and how my view on topics align to the candidates.
    How I vote has no bearing on what has been featured in this article. It seems to me that some people have to dispense the same criticisms as though I’m going to change my mind and vote for a dictator-like buffoon just so I don’t look to be favoring the sex of one candidate over another. I’m more evolved than that. I wish you were too, and your lack of higher thinking demonstrates why our country is so needlessly divided.