BrainDead Moving Sundays

CBS' BrainDead Moving to Sundays

BrainDead is set to bug out.

CBS’ freshman comedic-thriller is moving to Sundays at 10/9c, starting July 24, to be replaced in its Monday slot by the network’s coverage of the opening nights of the Republican and then Democratic National Convention (on July 18 and July 25).

Beyond that, starting Aug. 1, Scorpion reruns will fill the Mondays-at-10 slot, preceded by Mom, 2 Broke Girls and The Odd Couple repeats.

Created by The Good Wife‘s Robert and Michelle King, BrainDead debuted last month to 4.6 million total viewers and a 0.7 demo rating (and a “C+” grade from TVLine readers), and to date has averaged 3.6 mil and a 0.5.

1. xionxiv says:

Well hell

2. DougMac says:

Great. We finally get something really creatively and well done on network tv and it gets shifted to a murderous Sunday time slot. It’s a shame, this cast is crushing their roles and the writing has been great yet nobody is watching

• Dawne Trent says:

The “real” political scene is depressing, but thank he sponsors for backing this one! Unexpected hilarity and surprises are to be expected. The cast is brilliant, as are the writers no doubt. Please find a way to give this show a scone life. I still miss the Unusuals, a short series show a few years back. Way back. LOL all the way. ‘Merica needs this!

3. BrightLight says:

I went into this show expecting to hate it and now I look forward to it each week. Well, at least I’ll have something to watch on Sundays now.

4. Match Game will give it problems

5. Bwhit says:

I really like this show. I give a show 4 eps to pull me in and they have. The cast is great and the premise is getting more interesting.

6. schmed says:

At first, I hated the show, but I kept watching out of respect for the show’s pedigree, and it has grown on me. I think the networks, least of all CBS (we “Limitless” fans will not forget or forgive) have a tough time understanding, and therefore “selling,” any show that doesn’t fit comfortably into the drama/comedy binary.

7. Hollie says:

Come on! Really? Well now I hope they at least let the whole season air before cancelling, I’m really invested in it now!

8. Tracy says:

Hopefully the move will help improve their ratings a bit (even if I do find the current ratings system antiquated). Kind of messy of CBS to have not planned ahead of time, though.

9. Milly says:

Oh look, what is that? It’s… Why it’s my last reason to watch CBS! Where’s it going? It’s Going… Oh look it’s moved to the Sunday death slot.

10. pat carter says:

I took me awhile to enjoy the show but I feel it is very funny! The cast is great! I wonder if there is some truth to it considering what we have to look forward to in Nov. Sorry if I upset anyone with this comment.

11. Gerald says:

Hopefully it has less competition on Sundays at 10.
    The ratings have not been as bad as some summer shows, but could be better.
    I’d hope for a 2nd season, but okay if it ends after one as long as we get a satisfying ending.

12. Goshen says:

A big part of this is opening the 10 pm Monday slot for Scorpion repeats, since that’s where it’s going for Season 3. It might pull in a few new viewers and it can only benefit to get the show’s existing viewers used to the later time. I would think.

13. Doug Henning says:

BrainDead has grown on me as well.. I think part of the problem is those Good Wife lovers ( not that there were really that many of them) thought it would be like that show since the Kings were involved. What we have instead is a terrific political satire… my honest guess is the satire is lost on those Good Wife viewers.. Others who would enjoy it just haven’t found it..

• Jenna says:

For what it’s worth, I started watching for two reasons: 1) I loved The Good Wife and would follow the Kings anywhere, and 2) I’m a Broadway baby and would follow Aaron Tveit anywhere. And I love the satire, love the characters, genuinely enjoy everything about it. But I 100% agree that many who would probably love it haven’t found it- partly because I don’t think CBS knows quite how to market it. Reminds me a bit of Pushing Daisies way back when- the dark humor and genre-defiance.

14. Preacher Book says:

A show that actually challenges one intellectually with the narrative and doesn’t give it all away in the first two episodes, so naturally CBS is trying to kill it off.

15. HAP says:

My understanding is that Braindead was always meant to be a limited series, so those conspiracy theorists talking about CBS burning it off are wrong.

16. lrdslvrhnd says:

So BrainDead is officially just plain dead, then? Too bad. Not the best show ever, but I enjoy it.

17. Okey Dokey says:

I really like it. Sunday’s ok with me.

18. MTB says:

They better not cancel this show! I love this show and can’t wait until the next episode. It’s funny, creepy, and I love Mary Elizabeth as the lead.

19. cuius says:

No problem – sits on the hard drive a day longer

20. Nichole says:

I think the biggest problem this show has is the marketing, it’s talked about as a comedy, maybe I’m just not getting the American humour, but the only funny thing I’ve found about it so far is the opening credit sum up, that’s a really cool and well done thing, which is funny. Rest of the show, weird mix of every genre out there. Great acting, okay enough writing I guess, just not sure what it’s supposed to me. I’ll give pretty much anything a try and have stuck with this because of the cast, but won’t miss it if it is cancelled. Needs to sort solidify some of the story lines to be more cohesive moving forward, but probably too late for picking up new viewers. PS – anyone that finds someone taking a nose dive head first of a balcony as being “comedy” has some issues going on.

21. Lauren McMahon says:

I think this is a great show, it is very unique and I enjoy watching it.

22. talltechson says:

Best Show Ever!!!! Never change the writters, pay them what ever it takes to stay! And let’s not leave the rest of the world’s politicians out of it! Heads exploding at conventions would be a nice touch.

23. Jessica says:

I just discovered BrainDead last week and we’ve downloaded all the episodes and binge watched-them – I love it! The writing is great and the acting spot-on perfect. It’s smart and funny and quirky – and the intros for each episode are just fantastic – “oh you monsters, not the cat!” I sure hope it makes the cut this season – we need more shows like this!

24. Ha! says:

There is PLENTY of programming on Sunday, especially if you have HBO, Showtime etc. I freakin HATE when networks move shows from a night that actually makes viewing worthwhile to some night where the DVR can’t keep up now. It was GREAT on Monday.. leave it there idiots! Tape delay the moronic Conventions… the only people following those are morons anyway.

25. Ellen Duggan says:

I started watching Brain Dead out of pure curiosity, but was completely drawn in by the third episode.I highly recommend it for cleverness and creativity, and if you are into politics at all it will have you rolling with laughter! I wouldn’t advise anyone to start watching mid-season, as you would be scratching your head the whole time. But it is such a relief from the predictable stuff we usually get.

26. I love BrainDead…lost track of it during the conventions, glad I’ve found it again. The 10 pm slot on Sunday is difficult but thank goodness we can record it.

27. Jacklynne Riley says:

Love this show — please leave it on — so fun and clever

28. Davyboy says:

This show is amazing; an interesting allegory on the seeming insanity in Washington, delicately balanced with a science fiction/horror storyline. Too bad it is only a Summer show, really, but on the other hand, I’m not sure I could bear 26 weeks a year of this. Stay with it, because it will begin to seem plausible if you are at all aware of how insane they seem in Washington, especially with the rise in conspiracy ideas on the left and on the right, floating all over. You end up sitting on the edge of your seat, ’cause those bugs must die or its all over for mankind.

29. Elissa Banks says:

Dude! This show is great. It’s also super funny. I should’ve known it would be cancelled. Thanks a lot CBS.

30. Karen Fein says:

Loved Brain Dead a lot. Superb acting, smart writing. Hope it returns.