Comic-Con
TWD Comic-Con Key Art

The Walking Dead First Look: Key Art From Comic-Con Finds Negan at Bat

Wanna know what fear looks like? Take a peek at the key art that The Walking Dead just released for Comic-Con 2016, because in a nutshell, that’s it.

The shot — as you can see for yourself — features Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Negan standing before his 11 potential “batting practice” victims, each of them wearing a look of dread that makes you just wanna hug ’em. (Well, maybe not Daryl so much — he looks more pissed, right?)

The picture teasing the AMC series’ Season 7 premiere in October will be used in banner ads at the San Diego convention from July 21-24. The show’s panel will take place on July 22 at 1 pm in Hall H. The Walking Dead booth in the Convention Center will be No. 2437.

What do you think? Does the image give you any new insight into the unfortunate soul at whom Negan will choose to take a swing? Peruse the picture below — click on the image to see a larger version — then hit the comments.

The Walking Dead Comic-Con Poster 2016

1. Michelle says:

There’s two victims. Abe and Glenn.

Another possibility is Abe only, and Glenn is seriously injured, so TWD can accommodate Steven Yeun’s schedule.

2. wrstlgirl says:

I think that needs to be my new FB header, LOL!!!

3. Walkie says:

I think the main point from that photo is that Carl’s hair is becoming even more ridiculous. Cut the kid’s hair for the love of everything! And get rid of the moronic hat!!

Beyond that, cool photo. However, Negan’s bat is way too clean. With as many times as he has used it, it should look much more worn in.

• Michelle says:

The producers are the ones keeping that hair in the show. God knows why.. Let Chandler cut his hair. Reedus too.

4. Joey Padron says:

Key Art looks ok. Excited to see the trailer for new season next Friday!

5. Matt C. says:

I had a feeling the key art for season 7 would look something like this. After all, there’s no other way to advertise it without somehow spoiling the big death…unless they just put Rick vs Negan on the poster, since obviously Rick isn’t going anywhere.

6. Drew says:

I think the only person I wouldn’t be upset about being killed is Rosita, so that means it clearly won’t be Rosita. ‘cuz that’s how my TV Karma works…

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

At this point who KNOWS who its going to be, since they shot all”11 death scenes”. I still think it could be Glenn but oh well who ever it is……still sucks that team Rick is going to lose another member of his FAMILY!

7. My money is still on Eugene (who became expendable when he gave away his recipe to manufacture weapons). He has no story to tell any more and accomplished his mission (he became a survivor and not some cheap liar). Abraham could be a sure bet, but they started something with Sasha, and it hasn’t gone anywhere for now. So why would be the point to develop that storyline ?
    Glenn might get killed too (along with Eugene ?). I haven’t read the comics (so please don’t spoil, I just know the identity of Negan’s victim) but I imagine that his death is significant for what’s coming next. So it probably needs to happen. And Eugene dies too so that people (non-readers and readers) can be as shocked as readers when Negan’s victim passed in the comic book.

• Frank Lombardo says:

I agree I think it will be Eugene. R Marshall and I agree on that exact telltale of Eugene telling his ammo recipe that seems to be a premonition.

8. Bwhit says:

Negan is terrifying to me. Could be the way they didn’t show him until the end of the season but it felt like he was there the whole time, just stalking his prey.