Fall TV Preview
Ian Gomez Supergirl

Supergirl Season 2: Cougar Town Alum Ian Gomez Cast as Kara's New Boss

CatCo is getting a new pitbull.

Cougar Town vet Ian Gomez is joining Supergirl‘s Season 2 cast in the recurring role of Snapper Carr, the dry, all-knowing journalist appointed by Cat (Calista Flockhart) to serve as the editor-in-chief of CatCo Magazine, TVLine has confirmed. He believes in the free press and journalistic integrity and thinks both have been lost in this age of blogs and Twitter. He will be both an adversary and a mentor to the younger reporters (Kara included) around him.

EW.com first broke the news of Gomez’s casting.

Gomez joins a growing Season 2 guest cast that also includes Teen Wolf‘s Tyler Hoechlin as Kara’s cousin aka James’ friend in blue aka Superman aka Kal-El aka Clark Kent, and erstwhile Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter, as the President of the United States.

Supergirl‘s second season premieres Monday, Oct. 10 at 8/7.

1. Steven says:

How often will Calista Flockhart be appearing in season 2? She’ll still be a regular right?

2. Tom says:

Awesome! Good choice, he’s been fantastic in everything I’ve ever seen him in

3. SUSO says:

So this all but confirms Calista is leaving the show?

4. Jorkub says:

This is awesome. Any Ian Gomez is good in my book. I just wonder what this means for Cat…Any word yet on what Calista Flockhart’s status will be for season 2?

5. Vince says:

That’s s shock! He’s not CW pretty.

6. Kevin K says:

Snapper Carr – the male version of Cat Grant

• Nikko says:

In the comics he was a stereotypical teenager whose signature was constantly snapping his fingers, hence the nickname.

7. Kitty says:

Supergirl fans: “Yay, badass lady heroes! More badass lady heroes!”

Showrunners: “Got it. Here’s 5 new dudes.”

8. Fen Park says:

Also married to a famous star: Nia Vardelos of My BIG Fat Greek Wedding fame. He was in the movie also!

9. Jim says:

Oh god, why Snapper Carr. Why not ANYONE else. This is the most annoying character in the history of comics right here. Just the absolute worst. For those who don’t know, he was an out-of-touch old person’s idea of what a “beatnik” teenager was . . . in the 1960s, when that movement was for all intents and purposes long over, and certainly no longer “hip.” The Wesley Crusher of the Justice League only a zillion times worse. Just, no. So much no. Go away forever, Snapper Carr.

10. clintbrew says:

is kara gonna be a mild mannered reporter just like her cousin (which is would be fun) or still an assistant also the news boss is similar to perry white

11. rahajicho says:

Kara is a young reporter who largely fetches coffee.

12. Arysta says:

His name is Snapper because he literally snaps his fingers a lot because that’s what hep cats do. I wonder if they’ll do that on the show and annoy us all to death. Ugh. I really hope he doesn’t replace Cat.

13. Agent 86 says:

Interesting. I hope that Kara’s inspiration for wanting to be a journalist is Cat Grant or Lois Lane, as opposed to Clark Kent and James Olsen. And although a reduced presence from Cat Grant is understandable, both for on-screen and off-screen reasons, I hope that she shows up every few episodes to give one of her trade mark speeches where she both tears Kara / Supergirl down and builds Kara / Supergirl back up again.

14. Ram510 says:

Well now that Ian will be on the show, I suppose I’ll watch. Argh, I really don’t want to tho

15. jega says:

Please recast Jimmy olsen

16. kristinaallenvacations says:

OK I was all prepared to be upset, but I can’t be too mad about Ian Gomez! Love him :) Sorry we won’t be seeing Calista Flockhart as much but hoping she’ll still be involved in some capacity.

17. Chaosrainz says:

With Calista’s character being such a pro feminist voice on this show, why would they replace her (essentially) with a man? That’s kind of a disappointment. 😕

18. GambitGrey says:

I’m going to miss her. I love the relationship between them.