Fox Logo

Fox Launches Live Primetime Streaming via Fox.com, FOX NOW App

Starting tonight with So You Think You Can Dance‘s Top 10 performance show, Fox will become the first broadcast network to offer live streaming of its primetime programming.

With this beta launch — via Fox.com and the FOX NOW app for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, Apple TV and Google Chromecast — Fox will be the only broadcast network to offer pay TV customers in all 210 television markets nationwide a live stream of its primetime entertainment programming, on all seven nights plus late-night Saturdays.

In addition to delivering this summer’s fare, including but not limited to Wayward Pines, MasterChef and the Teen Choice Awards, the new live-streaming capability will cover all Fox entertainment programs during the upcoming 2016-17 TV season. (Live sports programming on Fox will continue to be available via FOX Sports GO.)

The live stream will be available to more than 98 percent of pay TV subscribers, representing 96 million homes.

1. George says:

If I’m reading into this correctly this is a pretty big deal for people on the west coast (especially come the fall with DVR conflicts).

• williamkwebdesign says:

I don’t really think so. I assume it would work like CBS All Access which goes by your local affiliate.

• dman6015 says:

Except it’s free on Fox.com if you already pay for a cable/satellite service. CBS All Access is $5.99/mo regardless.

• Nikki says:

Haven’t tried the app but you can watch CBS live through cbs.com if you have a cable account without paying anything additional.

• drhenning says:

I don’t think so… this is really new for any of the big networks to offer their programming free to streamers.. I know Xfinity has been offering cable networks through it’s App and at Xfinity.com to subscribers but not the main OTA networks.. I wonder if FOX will include it in what Xfiinity has for cable networks. CBS may try and hold out since they have their stand alone service to sell which will have its own programming like the Star Trek TV Show relaunch…

2. Nikki says:

Watch ABC has had primetime live for quite awhile hasn’t it? Or is that not everywhere? All of them should be doing it.

3. Falcon says:

The wording of this article confused me? I’ve had ABC and NBC live streaming online for quite a while now, so how is FOX the first broadcast network to live stream? Are ABC/NBC not available in all markets? Is that the difference? I would appreciate some clarification if anyone has any! Thanks

4. Ben says:

FOX will be the first tv station to reach all of their markets. ABC, CBS*, NBC only streams live in top markets.

*In the city I live in, only CBS All Access is available, and now Fox.

5. Jennifer Carr says:

How can I live stream via the foxnow app on my roku?

6. harbin110 says:

Does it also available in YuppTV which is providing the Indian TV Channel content in the market. Because i do have already subscribed with that live tv channel provider.