Hunters Cancelled Syfy

Hunters, From Walking Dead EP, Cancelled at Syfy After One Season

The hunt is over at Syfy.

The cable network has cancelled the drama Hunters after one season, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Adapted from Whitley Streiber’s best-selling novel Alien Hunter and executive-produced by Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead), the 13-episode series chronicled a Philadelphia cop’s search for his vanished wife — an odyssey that led him to a clandestine government organization that hunts a sect of ruthless, possibly extraterrestrial terrorists. It starred Nathan Phillips (The Bridge), Britne Oldford (American Horror Story) and Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck).

Hunters premiered to just 540,000 total viewers in April. The show’s season series finale airs Monday at 12 am/11 pm central. (Yes, you read that correctly.)

Will you miss Hunters?

1. Whimsical says:

It wasn’t a very good show. You’ve renewed the best show (12 Monkeys) and cancelled the worst (Hunters), now renew the best guilty pleasure show ever (Wynona Earp)

2. PatriciaLee says:

I didn’t have time to check it out, yet. I guess I’d better watch the finale and see if I want to ondemand the previous episodes. Too bad, if it was heading onto a blue sky series. I hope they wrap up the basics, which worked great for The Forgotten with Christian Slater. The fans weren’t cheated in that cancelled series.

3. Never heard of the series at all… now I want to watch it !! FML

4. Jerry says:

I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of this

5. wrstlgirl says:

It’s been a pretty good show but not surprised.

• Quinn says:

Yeah, I feel the same way. I started watching DVR’ed episodes of it and it was starting to get it’s stride but it was neither horrible nor great, just okay. Sorry it’s cancelled but, other than Killjoys and Dark Matter, there isn’t much else on SyFy that interests me so I’ve accepted it and already moved on.

• thescrybe says:

Yep. It was enjoyable. But not on par with Killjoys or Dark Matter.

6. Shan Winslow says:

It was an all right show, but I’m honestly not too shocked by the cancellation. I will watch the final episode, but it’s not a show I will miss, once it’s gone.

7. Katie_Mead says:

Well, the cancellation has been in the cards since the show was moved to a late-night slot a few episodes in, so it comes as no surprise. Truthfully, I wanted to like it more than I could like it – it just never seemed to be quite right.
    More importantly than this announcement, when do we get to know the fate of Wynonna Earp? Although that series began with as little promise as Hunters, it definitely got better and better through the first season, as the actors fell more comfortably into their roles.

8. Rick Katze says:

Never saw it. Expect it will leave without a conclusion so I don’t intend to try to see the previous episodes.

9. Jim says:

I think I made it through ten minutes. Oof, how did this ever get to screen?

10. Jack Russell says:

I couldn’t see Dr Troy as an alien.

11. Robberey says:

Wasn’t that good, but wasn’t as bad as some critics said either. Don’t miss it if the ending is no cliffhanger. Greatest problem of the series was: they shot it in Australia, with actually no reason for that (that didn’t made it cheaper).

• Nichole says:

As someone who lives where it was shot, I take offence at the idea that it being shot in and around Melbourne/country Victoria as being the problem. I’ve watched the show since the start, locations are fine for what they where shooting, acting was okay, I felt the story and over all writing was the issue. The show dragged to much, felt like there was a lot of filler and things that just weren’t followed up on that could have been interesting. Now I don’t know why they shot it here instead of Canada like most American shows (lol), but the location was not the issue with this show.

12. swift_ ift says:

I tried, it was weak sauce.

13. Carol_R says:

Too bad. I really enjoyed it. Much, much better than 12 Monkeys.

14. Mary says:

I knew they were going to do that when they started playing it at midnight! Such a great show! Bastards😡

15. M3rc_Nate says:

It had enough of a story and acting and some good actors that I am now a fan of that it kept me coming back to watch new episodes. I am not really bummed it got cancelled, especially if it gets replaced by something better or by getting cancelled a show like 12 Monkeys was able to get renewed.
    The two leads in the picture steal the series and should (IMO) quickly get hired by other shows having proven their talent. The “daughter” who is mentally disable was also a really nice diverse character that I enjoyed.
    However overall the story, the aliens, etc…it just wasn’t that interesting or good. I loved how it was shot, the adult nature of the show and such. But ya, it wasn’t as good as say Alphas.

• PatriciaLee says:

Well, now, Alphas was in a class by itself. Too good.

• philmont says:

I found 12 monkeys repetitive and after awhile did my head in. Hunters was exciting, action packed, fast moving and had you on the edge of your seat. I wish they had cancelled 12 monkeys and renewed Hunters.

16. starbike says:

Good, it’s a total snoozefest. I’m currently watching it with a friend (because he wants to see it) and I can’t wait until we’re done and can watch something not-sucky instead. :D

17. patrickmaloney33 says:

I’m really disappointed by this! I’m glad that 12 Monkeys got renewed though, but that and Hunters were the only two shows I consistently watch Syfy.

• PatriciaLee says:

I feel for you, even though I haven’t checked the show out, yet. It’s too bad Syfy is not letting shows continue for a few years, no matter what, as it did in the past. Hopefully, that management model will come back. It was of value. It gave people a variety of shows to get attached to.

18. abdulahi says:

yah great industry in that tv show like it I just don’t know why this Damn country always cancels good tv show s***t it just interestin tv show hop they change their mind

19. Mark says:

The problem with these syfy shows is budget there is better Youtube productions out there doing the same thing now a days. With better character development and story lines. Cheap and b rated needs to be improved upon if they want people to tune in….

20. The show was styled wrong, it’s a dirty, muddy story, where the styling was very clinical, and clean.

Also the 80s styling of the lead-female was unpleasant, if they had given her a softer styling she’d be more likeable.

21. Linda says:

It was entertaining……liked the actors…..agree with some….liked the alphas, have less and less on sci fy to watch…..like killjoys, dark matter, bitten, 12 monkeys maybe some but hard to follow …..and so tired of reality shows

22. cathy g Pruitt says:

I love the Hunters and want it to come back at a better time , it was so good!! I love Julian and all the actors in this show, PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!

23. HH says:

I’m disappointed it has been canceled. I enjoyed the show and the characters.

• cathy g Pruitt says:

I love Hunters!! It was just on to late but I was dvring it!!! Please bring Julian McMahon back PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. SidewinderFsk says:

Isnt it funny how show that protray a liberal gov are canned. Defiance hunters. Etc.

• cathy g Pruitt says:

I truly love this show & I pray you will bring it back for another season!!! I truly will watch it again!!!

25. Ian says:

Cannot believe your cancelling. Hunters.

26. ScoutBird says:

Good show. Wish it had been renewed

27. Tomm Emmanuel says:

Please I wish u could renewed hunters.. I enjoyed it a lot. Very interesting show.

28. Tommy Emmanuel says:

I miss and will continue to miss hunters.

29. Tigerstarkey1984 says:

Just watched on demand…really liked it

30. Antonio Rivera says:

Canceling hunters is the stupidest decision EVER made by Scifi… You guys just cancelled the greatest series y’all ever had and lost a viewer in the process ¡Bye!

• thescrybe says:

Syfy has a history of that. I remember Farscape…Bitten…there’ve been others. I’m sure they have their reasons…but for the viewers it’s like reading half a book with no chance of finding out how the story ends…

31. Debbie Jones says:

Plot needed to be explained in 2hr movie with great effects then wkly proms move faster! Good storyline but didn’t get to real bad guys fast enuf. McCarty was a masterful character!

32. I actually liked Hunters, but then it seems to me many shows that delve deeply into the paranormal/aliens among us aspect have a hit/miss acceptance these days. From what I am noticing is more interest in shows dealing with zombies and apocalyptic like issues. Though I am very happy that Supernatural is still going strong and holding its own much like Buffy did and its spin off Angel too. Still, I wish they had given Hunters a chance but then, those who decide what shows stay and what ones go also chose to drop a show called The Gates that was on back in 2010 if I remember right, that show didn’t even get a decent closure episode and I think if they chose to bring it back again they might find the original fans would be extatic and that they would have new fans who would watch it too. Fan’s of Teen Wolf for one as well as Arrow would like the show because of a common cast member between the three shows. Just my opinion mind you.

33. Who decides what comes back the next season? Why was hunters cancelled, I really like this show was a count taken on how many people liked to see another year of it? I will really miss another season of this great syfy show.

34. Cathy says:

Syfy hunters is a great show. Why no season 2

35. amina says:

why are you keepimg cancelling good shows

36. philmont says:

I am soooo disappointed that Hunters was cancelled. It was a great show. Fast moving and action packed and best of all it kept you on the edge of your seat.
    Please bring back series 2.

37. Michael says:

Just binge watched the series. Too bad, I think it could go as long as “First Wave”. It just needs to narrow the key characters, and get “techie”, like the first two “Stargates”. I may be wrong, but for me, “Stargate Universe” was heavy on relationships, and light on mission. For me it was usually like watching a daytime Soap, so I stopped watching.

38. Cyndi says:

Just finished binge watching Hunters, and was stunned to see there will be no season 2! A sci-fi that was so well-written and acted -with such a far-fetched theme- was highly unusual. But as I just said, I binge watched the entire season. I know I came late to the game, but WHY SyFy, WHY?

39. Filip Subocz says:

Yea, so happy that there will be more from 12 monkeys, even though we do not need to talk that the movie is “paramount” (haha a knew word learned since SyFy is the 2nd worst producer according to releasing dubbed versions, I saw Season 2 Finale, and at one day (like the 3-day Weekend, right before my birthday^^ I think its 19th Friday to 21st Sunday… My B-Day is 23rd :D Season 3 at one Weekend, I think I will wait until we know (will not be more than 10 episodes I guess, even “The 100” was reduced from 16 to 13 episodes, and that in the most critical and strangest season ever, except maybe the “We try it with extreme low budget in a wood somewhere near Vancouver with young actors which except “Lexa” or ADB or how they call her long name… she was at one show in Australia being 12 years old or so… Clarke/Eliza Taylor is Australian, I think Bellamy is too, and the other major kids are all Canadian, only very few adults are US actors, but the series rocks!

However, lucky for me somehow I did not had a full version or stopped watching in season 2 finale because this Titan and the killing of every important person except Cassy und Cole already in Episode before made me tired when a big god damn “Titan” (AMD uses this code for its Titan Series GPU’s for far over 1,000 US-$ release price, Titan and Black Fury or so, cards for Cole and Cassy but not for people outside the US paying in different currencies… damn Geforce-Monopol, however a giant city as a “splinter”-machine?! I think because of that I turned off, just later the last 2-3 minutes with “Mother” and 2163 and now the trailer (seems like they visit Mozart, at least the masc ball is a typical one for French and Austria which were often doing weddings to keep up the power and to keep the gene pool clean as much as possible, I mean we see in some UK people what a limited gene pool does to some people… at least I often have the feeling that in the UK a bit too much “family kids” were born… even a 1/32th or 1/16th bloodline to the person is legal I think but not good, 1/32 is not such a high risk, but a risk!)

Season 4 will be the end, as the producer said, he needs 4 seasons, and yea… we will see past (hundred of years back?!) and the most interesting 2163… the virus could be already died from alone because nobody was there to carry it, and Titan only was there sometimes, but I wonder about this almost ~120 year forward step, since Cole jumps to 2032 when someone fires an AK-47 directly at the machine (lol in other movies 1 shot at a car brings a Hiroshima explosion… here “nothing” letal happens, only a 11-12 years back jump, so why not 2055 or 2075?! Jennifer would be dead even without the events, and in the late 2080’s or so the young jennifer goines would be a old grandma too….. I’m still interested why cole shows signs of meeting himself in the night room, somehow it is his body I think, and only the whole time travel created all of this, so why not the virus too?! cole goes back 1000 years more or less and dies in the Himalaya…..