Hanson MMMBop Greatest Hits

Hanson, Backstreet Boys Perform '90s Jams on ABC's Greatest Hits — Watch

If you’re not already watching ABC’s Greatest Hits, it’s time to get your priorities in order.

Here’s the deal: The summer series recruits top groups of yesteryear to perform their greatest hits — hence the title — as well as fresh collaborations with the artists of today, and Thursday’s episode had us partying like it was 1999. (Or at least 1997.)

This week’s installment, devoted to chart-toppers from the years 1995 to 2000, began by blessing us with a performance of Backstreet Boys’ “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)”:

We were also treated to a smooth rendition of “I Want It That Way” featuring “All About That Bass” vocalist Meghan Trainor:

But the cherry on top of the nostalgic evening was Hanson’s acoustic performance of that timeless classic “MMMBop”:

The trio was also joined by pop group Echosmith on the infectious 2010 track “Thinking ‘Bout Somethin'”:

Are these ’90s boy bands just as dreamy as you remember? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. This made my day, Thank you Andy for being as much a 90s child as me. I still see Hanson on tour when they make it to my area.

2. jr. says:

The Backstreet number with Meghan was good, but I was hoping for more. Thought we would get a little Meghan Trainor version of the Backstreet classic.

3. Victoria says:

MMMBop is one of my favorite song and it never gets old to me, especially when it’s acoustic. Love it. These are great clips and my 90s heart is bursting with happiness!

4. Jona says:

What I loved the most is that the men in the audience seemed to know all the lyrics to the BSB songs too and weren’t afraid to sing a long :-)

5. lori says:

HAnson was fantastic! Liked the live version even better. I’m not a 90s child, but made me want to look into their music.

6. Hanson’ Mmmbop was released 20 years ago in 1996, the same year I graduated from high school. So, I am celebrating 20 years and soon will be going to my 20th high school reunion.

7. byron says:

Yes! This was a much better episode than last week. Hanson was really good, as they always have been, but even better together with Echosmith, that was a good blend #Hansosmith? #Echoson? And though you didn’t mention it, I think maybe Jewel and Tori Kelly should just perform together all the time – they sounded so good!

8. Angela says:

So fun to see Hanson again last night-I love that they’re still around making music :D. They sounded so good!
    And I totally sang along to the Backstreet Boys-Meghan Trainor was definitely living many girls’ dream of being sung to by them :p. Fun show.

9. HAP says:

Maybe it’s my browser, but none of the videos were there.

10. Leesa says:

I love this show because I enjoy listening to different kinds of music.. My favorite was Backstreet Boys.. But Coolio and Ceelo were great. Jewel was good..

11. TV Gord says:

These guys are way underrated. If you haven’t seen it yet, go to YouTube and watch their video for Give A Little! I have watched it regularly since it was first released!

• May says:

Totally agree! Hanson are so incredibly talented, fun, creative, down-to-earth that I am shocked that not many people are aware that they are still releasing awesome music.

12. Liz Escorial says:

Wish they’ll have a concert here in Manila!

13. Lhou Cabrera says:

Brought memories fr 90’s & i love it!!!

14. Edna says:

Brasil love Hanson

15. Emy says:

Fantastic! I can’t get enough of them, thanks do much fir bringing them back!

16. Nanci says:

Omg!…this was the best! And just going back in time with that great music…fun written all over it! Thank you and great job!

17. Elisha Jubz says:

love Hanson and and Echosmith together..it’s a perfect combination

18. Jeanette Moore says:

Happy to see backstreet boys are back!!..loved them from the start and love them just as much now!!;);)