American Horror Story Season 6 Premiere Date Set at FX

Well, here’s one thing we know for certain about American Horror Story‘s hush-hush sixth edition: It premieres on Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 10/9c.

FX made the announcement on Tuesday, while also confirming the launch dates for its new Donald Glover comedy Atlanta (Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 10/9c) and the Pamela Adlon-fronted, Louis C.K.-produced sitcom Better Things (Thursday, Sept. 8 at 10/9c).

The cabler’s press release failed to disclose any details about Horror Story‘s top-secret Season 6, which, as executive producer Ryan Murphy previously teased, will involve “elements” of children. “If you look at horror tropes,” he added, “the innocence of children, that sort of wide-eyed entryway into some world, is always very dramatic and satisfying.”

On the casting front, all we know is that AHS alums Lady Gaga, Cheyenne Jackson and Angela Bassett will be returning in some capacity. And, per FX boss John Landgraf, the season will be “set in the present” but with “echoes of the past.”

Does the stealth nature of AHS‘s new season make you more or less inclined to check it out? Weight in below!

1. Brian says:

It’s funny how this series most of the time hasn’t been good, especially last season with Gaga. But I still look forward to it each season.

• Ann says:

haha true. But last season was the first time I stopped watching. (Asylum was awesome)

• Spence says:

+1 lol

• Ken says:

Hotel was a…horror show.

I hated Freakshow when it aired. But, looking back. It was a very consistent and solid story for the most part, albeit dull. It didn’t go all over the place, like some seasons.

I’m sort of hoping the early air date means that we will in fact get two stories this year. A small one in the Fall and a small one in the Spring. I think Murphy has a habit of losing himself after the first couple episodes and continuously jumps the shark until the finale. Two concise stories may mean more cohesive and poignant narratIves; straight forward and consistent. It may be a return to the sort of storytelling we saw in Asylum.

2. william says:

Redrum Redrum.

3. wrstlgirl says:

After watching Gaga’s stellar performance last season I’m really looking forward to season 6.

4. TVFan says:

I’m guessing that you mean that FX is confirming the launch dates, not conforming to them.

5. Brian says:

Does a mid September start mean we’ll actually get the full season in 2016 instead of a month break before the final 3 episodes air in January?

6. Leanne says:

I started watching but quit. Didn’t really care for freak show. last year it was just a big orgy. I like plot lines. we shall see where this goes before I cut it from my recording list

• Jasie says:

I struggled through Freakshow. Had so much potential and it was wasted. I did finish that season though. I could not finish last season though. I think I watched 5-6 eps and bailed. Hopefully this season will improve.

7. Michael says:

This is much earlier than normal. I wonder how they plan to schedule it as a result – presumably given that they’ve started shooting around the same time, we may only get around half of the season this year, then the second half in early 2017? Either way, dying to know the theme!

8. Kara says:

It will be hard to watch if there is no Sarah Paulson or Evan Peters.

Asylum was the best season. The storyline and acting was phenomenal.

9. C. A. Krone says:

LOVE AHS & Excited about return!
    I’m guessing the “AHS 9.14 FX Fearless” means Sept14 return date!! FX, PLEEEASE keep the program going! I’m 64 years old & It’s the BEST “soap opera” for MANY age groups…not just the young ones! My friends, children, & appropriate aged grandchildren love it as much as I do, (maybe).

10. Lianna Hartman says:

I have loved every season in their own ways even though asylum was my favorite. I can’t wait for this season to start.

11. Jade says:

I love all the season can’t wait to see the new season gaga was amazing in hotel.. I love the series. . And the ppl. Who can’t keep an interest through the whole season needs to find a new show to watch.. they are all great story lines yes a Lil messy and all over the place but the show isn’t called greys anatomy. . It’s called American horror story for a reason.. great job everyone in the cast keep up the good work!!