Match Game Ratings

Ratings: Big Brother Slips, Tops Quiet Sunday; ABC Game Shows Lose Points

CBS’ Big Brother this Sunday drew 4.7 million total viewers and a 1.3 rating, slipping 19 percent in the demo on Fourth of July Eve yet edging out ABC’s $100,000 Pyramid for the nightly demo win.

Over on ABC, Celebrity Family Feud (6.2 mil/1.1) suffered the night’s biggest drop, 31 percent, while the aforementioned Pyramid (6.6 mil/1.2) and the increasingly bawdy-for-bawdy’s sake Match Game (5.7 mil/1.1) were down 29 and 27 percent, respectively.

Pyramid delivered Sunday’s largest total audience.

Over on NBC, the latest U.S. Olympics trials did 3.9 mil and a 0.8 from 7 to 9 pm.

1. Piers says:

Not surprising about the game shows. For starters Alec Baldwin is unlikeable And the shows are too black. The demo for game shows is white middle age.

2. ninamags says:

I think Match Game is getting better! The innuendo might be too much for some people but they had some hysterical lines. Does Alec improvise all he says?

The AFC is too stupid for words. NFC all the way!!

I also think Pyramid is too easy.

I love watching all three shows, not gonna lie.

• LT says:

I agree. I’m loving MATCH GAME! It’s supposed to be heightened innuendo…the original wasn’t squeaky clean.

3. Kevin K says:

Have to admit but I enjoy the Fun & Games line-up on ABC and three game shows (Celebrity Family Feud, $100,000 Pyramid and Match Game) made me laughed so hard it’s LOL TV. Hope they should get a proper renewal and most likely as a Summer series.

4. Gregory Eckes says:

Feud is getting overexposure fatigue, I believe. Maybe Steve Harvey is too.

Last week Pyramid was great. This week Match Game was absolutely hilarious. Yes Alec is an asshole, but that works because nobody is safe, not even himself.

5. Carrie says:

I’m surprised, the updated game shows were a refreshing change to the mondane reality shows

6. Claire says:

I normally don’t care about game shows, but I love Match Game. Hope it does better over time.

7. Big Cheddar says:

I actually enjoyed CFF last night – I thought the football players were pretty funny. I think Match Game is becoming my favorite of the three – I appreciate Alec not taking himself too seriously and it’s kinda funny watching some of the panel wonder how the heck they got there (like Adam Goldberg). I noticed some celebs are appearing on more than one show (like NeNe, Sherri & Rosie), so my other way of entertaining myself with these shows is to count the celebs who are on more than one game show.