Pretty Little Liars Spoilers

Pretty Little Liars: Who Is A.D.? We Examine 6 Potential Suspects

We’re two weeks into Pretty Little Liars‘ seventh season and, let’s be honest, we’re no closer to knowing A.D.’s identity than we were three months ago when that familiar-looking lunatic first arrived on the scene.

Then again, brainstorming theories with little to no facts is kind of what PLL is all about, isn’t it? To that end, I rounded up six individuals — including a few who aren’t currently “with us” — currently topping my list of potential A.D.s.

The list ranges from obvious choices like Mary Drake, whose devious tea-sipping gives me Victoria Grayson flashbacks, to slightly more out-of-the-box options like Alison, who literally shares initials with the new villain. And then, you know, there’s Lucas.

Browse our gallery of A.D. suspects below, then vote for your pick and drop a comment with your reasoning. Plus, tell us: Any biggies we missed?

1. Peter says:

i think spencer is actually mary drakes daughter and spencer has a twin who was with hanna when she was locked in the barn :)

• paris says:

no that was a dream Hannah was having when she was locked in the barn. Spencer was not really there that was an illusion made up by Hannah herself so she would not loose it in the barn.

2. Spence says:

I was thinking the same thing about AD meaning “after death”! I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Charlotte who faked her death, or some other “dead” character taunting them beyond the grave.

3. Kelly says:

I think it’s wilden Holden ted or Jason

4. "A" says:

Like Elliott going rouge ( after only just two episodes ) I going off the grid here and picking Ashley ( DRAKE ) Marin, Mary & Jessica’s younger sister … or … a ‘new’ / unseen character we have never ‘met’ before like Aria or Alison’s twin ( their first name begins with a A ) that no one knew existed because a doctor at Radley sold one of them well giving the Montgomery’s/DiLaurentis’s Mary’s other child.

On a side note I think it’s possible like Emily selling her eggs Mary’s eggs were used to help the Liars mothers Ella, Veronica, Ashley, an Pam get pregnant … making Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily half sisters as well as cousins with Alison, Jason, and Charles aka Charlotte/CeCe.

• B.I.B. says:

But we saw that Aria and Jason hooked up. That would be too gross. Plus, they already did the incest thing when Charlotte dated Jason. Just my 2 cents😜

5. Colleen says:

I think it’s none of the above. Based on the “logic” of this show, it’ll be someone random who comes out of nowhere. One of the liars probably has a twin. Maybe Charlotte had a twin? I’m still confused by Charlotte’s motives for attacking the liars over the years…

• I just binge rewatched the whole series because I was confused as well. Her reasoning she mentioned in the speech at the reveal of her being A when they see her on camera speaking to Ali in Radley. She says that she was attacking them because she was pissed when she came back and heard that they were happy that Ali was dead. Kind of makes sense, she went all psycho protective sister on them.

6. Cornelius says:

A.D will be anyone they can use to extend the series another 4 seasons. So a twin of one of the main 4 girls would do that I think.

7. jamie says:

mona she’s been a backstabbing bitch the whole time

8. Amelia Petrell says:

It’s Spencer!

9. Elisa says:

I think A.D. is actually Spencer!
    It would be a big showdown for the whole soap when A.D. is one of the main characters. There are many hints that it could be Spencer!

10. Anna says:

I kinda have a weird suspicion that its Liam? Something about him seems a bit weird and he could be working with Elliot maybe. Or other than that maybe Spencer?

11. Amanda says:

Spencer is definitely a possibility.

12. Nicolás says:

It’s probably I. Marlene King that in a twisted reality is Aria’s daughter whom wants Revenge on her mother’s friends.

13. Amanda says:

If Ali is in the hospital getting worse theres no way she is sending texts to the girls. I think its either Elliott or Mary.

14. Andrew Cantone says:

I’m sticking with Sara Harvey because she may be A.D.

15. Denise says:

I think it’s Elliot but Elliot is really WILDEN!!!!

16. Guest says:

Well, now that it’s official that Allison’s family has the twin gene, it’s likely going to end the way the books did, with Allison’s twin being A.D

17. Emma McKeown says:

I think Spencer could be A.D or Mona as her alter ego was Ali Dee (A.D).

18. Chloe says:

A.D is hopefully Ezra because he’s creepy as, even though I love him ❤️😂

19. alygifrocks says:

Ok, so I think that Lucas is A.D. Because, he is going into business with Hanna, and that may lead to Hanna telling him things that the girls and her know, and it will continue on, without a clue it’s him

20. Ellen Carrington says:

Allison’s husband

21. You are gonna think I’m crazy but , Hanna could be the master mind here… check her face , how easy she scape from elliot , she can have double personality… check her face

22. paris says:

its not Allison she been through to much hell with Elliot to be Uber a and its not Elliot because Elliot is dead but no one is truly dead in rosewood but it can be either Mary drake, lucus but not jason because we dont even know whats going on with him

23. Brittney says:

A.D. is Andrew Campbell, aka Andrew Drake. They waited long enough for you to forget alllll about him. But we already know he was helping Cece. We didn’t know why. We also know he was adopted. So if his real mother was Mary Drake, it would make perfect sense why he would want to help Cece. And he conveniently just disappeared and was left out of the storyline after being released from jail.

24. Annabeth says:

I have a weird suspicion that it’s Andrew Campbell.

25. Olivia Seymour says:

It can’t be Elliot because he is dead and the girls have gotten more texts since he has been dead

26. Denali says:

well there is one suspect thats not on there that might be A.D its unlikely but whatever. what if its jessica dilaurentiz what if it was actually mary drake who is dead and jessica is the pretending to be her. Not only could she be A.D it makes sense why she would kill charolette i mean she did torture Ali and now she wants the liars to figrure out someone who killed her so she wont be accused for what she did

27. Sophie says:

Can’t be Mary. Andrea confirmed her character Mary is not AD but is working with the person who is AD.

I was thinking Melissa could be AD, but I read an article that said Torrey may not be back in 7B because her schedule with her other show has her too busy.

28. Felicia says:

I believe it’s Aria. Everything started when Aria returned from Iceland. If I’m not wrong, she recieved the first text from “A”. She seemed to be missing a lot during several situations with A that the girls encountered. One example. When the girls decide to trick “A” and make A believe Emily is going to give A the thumb drive back. Aria isn’t able to show up. Only the other three girls, Emily, Hanna and spencer are there. One recent example. She wasn’t able to go with the girls to go through mrs. D’s secret office. And when the girls get locked in Spencer’s car someone writes “I see you” in the back making us think Noel. But it ended up not being Noel. No one else besides Ezra, Noel and the girls knew about that. Also AD at the end of that episode is shown holding two files. Arias and Noel’s but burns only Noel’s not arias.