Gilmore Girls: Stacey Oristano Offers Clues to Her Role in Netflix Revival

If you’ve been putting your bunheads together, trying to figure out who Stacey Oristano will play in the upcoming Gilmore Girls revival A Year in the Life, the actress herself recently contributed a small clue.

“I’m not in Stars Hollow,” Oristano told TV Insider, adding that her scenes take place “outside” of the town limits. “I cause trouble in other places.”

In March, Oristano — who played neurotic shopkeeper Truly in Amy Sherman-Palladino’s ABC Family dramedy Bunheadswas added to the cast of AS-P’s Gilmore revival in a top-secret role.

Series creator AS-P and exec producer Daniel Palladino wrote and directed all of the revival’s four 90-minute episodes/mini-movies, which will debut on the streaming video service later this year. As TVLine exclusively revealed, each chapter will represent a different season over the course of one calendar year (as such, the episodes will be titled “Winter,” Spring,” Summer” and “Fall”).

Oristano says she is such a huge Gilmore fan, she was “shaking” at the table read. “That’s Lorelai and Rory right besides me!,” she tells the site. “I was freaking out a little bit.”

So what are your thoughts about Oristano’s role? Log your guesses in the comments!

1. Bwhit says:

Jess’s lady friend? I don’t know why but that’s the first thing I thought when she says she causes trouble somewhere else… Probably not but it was my guess.

• ellen says:

Certainly someone’s lady friend, I suspect. Why else would it be such a top secret role, you know? My guess is that they are trying to keep info about Rory and Rory’s men under wraps.

2. Nick says:

Makes me think she’s connected to Emily somehow, which would be cool due to her history with Kelly Bishop.

3. JosiahBartlet4President says:

I’m scared it won’t live up to the hype.

4. Pam says:

I’m guessing Emily’s maid. The only one who has managed to do everything the way Emily wants. Or she was their maid when Richard died and Emily hasn’t been able to bring herself to make any changes since then.

5. kristinaallenvacations says:

Aww that’s cute, she was starstruck :) I didn’t watch Bunheads but I love that some of the characters are appearing. I always enjoy seeing characters from shows I love pop up on other things so that’ll be fun for the fans.

6. Felicita vigil says:

Awesome show i watch it over and over made me feel like i was part of the show .. Im so waiting for it to come back .. Also so happy because im from new mexico and lukes daughter moved here .. Awesome.. And thank you all the cast for doing a great job.

7. Liz says:

I really hope this lives up to the hype but the second half of season 6 and all of season 7 were pretty terrible so it really can’t be worse than that.

8. Lyn says:

I can take or leave her. I’m hoping to see TJ [Michael DeLouise] and Liz.

9. shutuprob says:

Hopefully, she’s playing Truly. I’m still holding out hope that Fanny from Bunheads is Emily’s twin sister.

10. Tami says:

I can not wait to see what they have come up with . My daughter and I love to watch this show together. We were very disappointed if ended , stop excited to see it come back.

11. I watch Gilmore Girls every day-Freeform TV-after my 2 hours of local and Fox network news. For over 3 years it’s my bright shiny escape. I’m thankful for the show and the Revival, thankyou Gilmore Guys!. Mystery woman on revival, well, it’s got to be related to Richard. Maybe with Pennylyn Locke??