Jessica Williams Leaving

Jessica Williams Exits The Daily Show

Enjoy Daily Show correspondent Jessica Williams while you still can, America — Thursday’s episode will be her last.

EW.com reports that Williams, the youngest correspondent in Daily Show history, is leaving the Comedy Central series after four years to pursue her own project at the network. Though Williams can’t say much about her new show, she reveals that it will be about a young feminist who “imagines herself to be ‘woke.'” (Please note Williams’ own use of quotation marks.)

VIDEOS Can Little Kids Handle a White President? The Daily Show Investigates

“I’ve been telling my coworkers that I’m leaving the show — it’s so bittersweet,” Williams tells the site. “I’ve just been going in and out of crying a little bit, giving a lot of hugs, all that stuff.”

Williams adds that her final field piece, airing Thursday, will focus on a group of former Bernie Sanders supporters who are now supporting Donald Trump. She promises it’s going to be “really funny,” and will provide a “nice farewell.”

Your thoughts on Williams’ exit? The current state of The Daily Show in general? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. ekolint48 says:

I’m interested to see her next project. One of my favs.

2. Dick Whitman says:

She’s the best.

3. Tish says:

Sad to see her go but happy its for her own project!

4. Angela says:

Aw, I’ll miss her on “The Daily Show”. She’s one of my favorite correspondents on there.
    But I’m glad she’s got happy reasons for leaving, and will keep an eye out for her future projects :). Best of luck to her.

5. BillyBobJohnson says:

Good. Comedy Central needs some good shows, and the new Daily Show with Trevor Noah is NOT good.

6. Tom says:

One less little piece of the Stewart days. Slowly but surely they’ll go over the next few years till there’s nothing but Noah’s. I dig Trevor Noah don’t get me wrong, but Jon Stewart would have been great during this election. He should have left after this election.

7. HAP says:

Jessica, once a fan fave to replace Stewart, but said she did not want the gig. She has had little presence on the Daily Show for quite some time. Pretty obvious that Noah and his handlers have cleaned house of all the Jon Stewart folks.

• Anna says:

Trevor Noah and his handlers are definitely not powerful enough to force the hand of any Comedy Central execs/Daily Show producers. What’s more likely is that she has been pulling this new show together with CC, and it’s cut into her corresponding time.

8. Preacher Book says:

Kinda wondered why we haven’t been seeing that much of her lately. I will definitely give her new show a try.