Game of Thrones Season 7 Who Will Die

Game of Thrones: Which Characters Are Likely to Die in Season 7?

When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die… or you die a little later than everyone else does. But bottom line: You’re gonna die.

With that grim reality in mind — and coming off Sunday’s Season 6 finale, which saw the end of Margaery, Loras, Lancel, the High Sparrow, Gran Maester Pycelle, Tommen, various Freys and a sept-and-then-some full of King’s Landing residents — we’ve decided to get a jump on the death pool for the upcoming Season 7.

Thinking about who won’t live to see Season 8 in Westeros is a tricky thing. Sure, now that Arya’s back on her mission to cross off everyone on her kill list, characters like The Hound and Cersei Lannister better watch their backs.

But haven’t the toughest-to-bear deaths on the HBO series always been the ones we weren’t expecting? For this reason, we’ve included a few fan-favorite characters in the mix (but we seriously hope we’re not giving Thrones‘ Grim Reaper — or G.R.R.M. Reaper, as it were — any ideas.)

Click through the gallery below to see our thoughts on who might be likely to bite it in Season 7, then hit the comments with your fears/hopes/predictions about who’ll die next!

1. Kevin K says:

Three characters that should die on GoT next season – The Hound, Melisandre and CERSEI.

2. Joey says:

Don’t think Wilko Johnson will be returning to the role of Ilyn Payne anytime soon, even if he is cancer-free now. They’d probably have to recast if anything.

• Clay says:

He said he would love to return I think the producers just need time to put him back on the show mAybe he wont come back this season but for the finale season

3. Squirrelly says:

Maybe die, maybe maimed…But I have this feeling in the back of my head that Dany’s dragons are going to turn on her.

4. Jane says:

I think Jamie is going to end up killing Cersei and then killing or allowing himself to be killed.

• Sarah says:

I agree, Jamie will probably kill Cersei and I’m guessing that means the Mountain is going to have to die next season as well. I’m hoping that Melisandre gets killed too next season.

5. Walkie says:

How about Sansa? They are clearly setting up a story where she turns against Jon. If she does that, she’s dead.

• Sarah says:

I don’t know where you got the impression that Sansa is going to turn against Jon. If she wanted to go against him all she had to do was claim Winterfell, which she was well within her legal right to do since Jon is considered Ned’s bastard, and not a legal heir. What they were showing was Littlefinger’s continued obsession with Sansa and her realization that she will have to deal with him (meaning have him killed) before he pushes the obsession too far and she ends up someone else’s victim again.

• Sarah that is an interesting take on the last scene between Sansa and LIttlefinger, I hadn’t thought of it in that way. But it could go another way, Sansa has changed, she is out for herself now and a bit coldhearted (but who wouldn’t be considering what she has been through). If Littlefinger keeps chipping away at her and planting doubts, she may turn against Jon and try to take the throne, because she has always wanted a big, fancy life. however, I hope she doesn’t. I never liked the character, then I started to warm up to her, I don’t want to go back to hating her lol.

• laura says:

no I think Jamie is going to try and kill the imp . But the dragons will swoop in and save him because he already made a connection with them.

• jess2248 says:

Sarah, that is exactly the way I saw it!! He didn’t swear allegiance to Jon, and Sansa saw this. She knows she will have to send him to the boneyard!! What I was surprised that didn’t happen was them changing Jon’s last name to Stark, instead of Snow. But Littlefinger’s days are numbered.

6. Jerri says:

All of them? Oh wait, there’s one more season of GoT after the next one?

7. Victoria says:

Melisandre is also on Arya’s kill list and heading in her direction.

8. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Cersei for sure I hate that bitch, BUT, I give her props going all Mad King Areys blowing up the Sept of bealor of kings landing….that sh*t was DOPE plus the song that was playing leading up to it!
    The Hound…..just needs to go
    Jamie…..kill Cersei first and then himself I think that’s how it should happen.

9. BillyBobJohnson says:

I think one of the six truly main characters (Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Dany, Jon Snow, Arya). My money is on Cersei getting it first. Next season will be her season, but she’s won’t be Queen by the end of it. The monarchs all go out t**s up, as they say in Britain.

10. maregolden says:

I don’t think Cersei is going to die until the very end of the series.

11. Paul says:

I feel like one of Dany’s dragons is gonna be turned into a white walker/dragon hybrid by the Night King. So we might get some dragon vs. ice dragon action in the coming war.

12. Mollymoo says:

Cersei is a goner. I just don’t know I’d Valonqar will be Jamie (the younger twin) realizing she’s the 2nd coming of Aerys. Or if it’ll be in a battle with Dany’s troop using Intel from her most trusted advisor Tryion. Or, if Valonqar will be a woman (Valarian is gender non-specific) and Arya checks Cersei off her list. Or if we are back to Dany as the younger sibling to Rhagear…. Or Jon….who is not a sibling but everyone thinks he is…

13. Top 3 in order: Melisandre by Davos, Cersei by Jamie, The Hound by Arya

14. Weston says:

Littlefinger needs to die. And Sansa should be the executioner..