Gilmore Girls Promo: Lauren Graham Urges Global Binge Ahead of Revival

Ahead of its highly anticipated Gilmore Girls continuation, Netflix is giving subscribers worldwide a chance to get acclimated to Stars Hollow.

The streaming service on Tuesday (with a little help from Lauren Graham) revealed that all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls will become available to stream globally on Friday, July 1, giving first-time viewers plenty of time to catch up on its original 2000-2007 run before the late fall release of Gilmore Girls: A Year In the Life.

In a new promo touting Netflix’s widened distribution rights, Graham can be seen in front of the town’s greenscreened signature gazebo as she urges both newcomers and longtime fans to binge-watch all 153 episodes prior to the four-part revival set to debut later this year. Her plea, however, comes with a warning: “Careful: We talk fast.”

Watch Graham’s public service announcement above, then head to the comments and let us know whether you’ll be binge-watching Gilmore for the very first time to prepare for A Year In the Life.

1. Mary says:

Can’t wait. I have been watching the old shows on TV recently but Netflix might be better so I can pick my favorites out.

2. Cas says:

I just started this a few months ago. Am currently on Season 5. And while I like Logan can I just say Team Jess?

• Bwhit says:

That’s exactly how I feel. I didn’t mind Logan but out of all her boyfriends Jess was the one I liked most.

• David4 says:

Jess
      Marty

And then Dean and Logan. I really don’t like either one that much.

• Mara says:

Jess is rude and dismissive of most everything Rory cares about. Just No.

• David4 says:

I think you are confusing Logan with Jess. Jess grew up and became a better man. He actually grew and would have been great for Rory.

Logan is a spoiled brat who just caused all types of trouble for Rory and then paid his way out of it as Rory suffered.

• Christopher says:

Jess is the worst. The WORST! Yeah he grew up alright. He went from an egotistical rag that only cared about himself and treated everyone around him like complete dirt to an adult version of the same self-important nozzle. Also, I’m pretty sure that Milo VentiWhoGivesAnS was the primary motivation for all of Adam Sandler’s acting choices in the film Little Nicky. Seriously, Jess is gross, and Jess shippers are even grosser. Why anyone would want Rory to end up with this complete toolbag full of doofuses, I will never understand. I would rather see another entire, horrid, out of character arc with Rory as the other woman to Dean (again) than even catch a whiff of the prospect that Rory would like to get a coffee with Jess. I hope Jess gets run over by Kirk in a freak tractor accident.

• Jennifer says:

I am TOTALLY Team Jess. Remember, while Jess started as rude, obnoxious bad boy, he grew up. HE is the one who got Rory back on track. He is the one for her. Dean cheated – out for himself and Logan was just a spoiled trust fund kid.

• Bwhit says:

Thank you! It seems you remember ALL of Jess’s appearances. I will never forget the look on his face when Rory told him she had dropped out of Yale and when he said ‘this isn’t you’. I can’t ever respect Dean because like you said, he cheated on his wife. Logan and Dean also didn’t grow up like Jess had to, of course he was going to be a bitter. I get that we all have our favorites and that’s fine but saying Jess never grew up just doesn’t feel accurate to me.

• lori says:

Agree completely with both of you. Team Jess.

• sportylady says:

Um, Rory was a part of Dean’s cheating. Why is she not getting blowback for that? She knew he was married and fell in bed with him.

• Jennifer says:

Oh, I’m with you. It takes two to tango, so to speak. I am probably in the minority, but I think Rory is a spoiled spoiled brat. (for example, instead of responding with – for lack of a better word – grit – when Mitchum tells her she’s not good enough (she should have known he had ulterior motives), she STEALS A BOAT. With Logan (point against him). Who doesn’t try to talk her out if it.) This is why i have always been on Team Jess. He was good for her. Gave her a kick when she needed it and called her out on all her cr*p.

• JosiahBartlet4President says:

I’ve never understood why people like Jess. He’s so rude! To everyone! He doesn’t even treat Rory well.

• LaDonna says:

Agreed. I’ve watched the entire series probably 10 times, and I still don’t understand people’s love of Jess. Every time I get to those episodes, I just can’t get over his attitude. Even in the later episodes when he comes back. Yes, Logan was a jerk to him, but he turned right back into the same sullen teenager as soon as he was pressed.

• Gern Blanston says:

Personally, I find that he’s the only interesting boyfriend that Rory had. Dean started out generic and ended up a jerk. Logan was the same entitled, douche his entire time on the show. He never changed or grew in any considerable way. Jess started out as the angry outcast that hated himself and didn’t want to be in Star’s Hollow and slowly changed to become a person that was happy, successful, and liked himself enough to turn Rory down when she tried to use him to get back at Logan. As for the example that you gave, I think that you misread the scene. He wasn’t sullen. He was keeping his mouth shut because he didn’t want to escalate the situation in deference to Rory’s feelings. The old Jess would have immediately went in against Logan, but Jess did his best to take how Rory would feel into account and kept his own feelings in check until he reached a point where he couldn’t be disrespected anymore. And even then instead of fighting as he would have done when he first arrived in Star’s Hollow he extricated himself from the situation in order to not upset Rory. That’s why I feel that most people like him. He became an adult which really can’t be said for Rory’s other two boyfriends.

• Jennifer says:

Thank you. I am so glad that I am not the only one to see that. Add to it that HE was the one to get Rory back on track and back to school. Dean was MIA and balled on her and Logan never did anything to try to get her back to her path. Yesm Jess was mean to Lorelei but I can see him coming back and apologizing – he was an angry, messed up kid. His dad left and his mom – at the time – was a flake. Then he was dumped in a small town, away from his friends, his home. He**, I’d be angry and sullen too.

• Sara says:

Right there with ya. Why would Rory date someone who spoke/treated her mother the way he did? Couldn’t stand the Jess years

• Cas says:

Idc what anyone thinks I think she fit best with Jess. And I wasn’t always nice to my bf’s parents. My MIL drives me nuts and I have never been super nice to her.

• S. says:

Jess didn’t treat Lorelai nicely from the word go. Inexcusable for a Rory boyfriend. Being rude to her mom ought to be a non-starter. Besides which, Lorelai never did anything to deserve it meaning he was being a jerk for jerk’s sake. Regarding your own situation, If the parents weren’t nice to you so you didn’t respond well to that, that’s one thing. Responding with fake nice wouldn’t be right, but if you started off making the choice not to be nice, a la Jess, that’d be messed up.

• sportylady says:

• sportylady says:

Given Lorelei’s own past, one would think she’d be more understanding of Jess. It felt to me that she was, from the start, not willing to give Jess a chance. And her reaction to Luke when Rory was hurt in the accident and Luke was looking for Jess was pretty inexcusable, no matter how scared she was. She knew where Rory was and didn’t take into an consideration Luke’s feelings or Jess’s safety.

• Christopher says:

Yep. Jess suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. He is not Stars Hollow material.

3. Ed says:

First time viewer here. Almost finished Season 6. Loving it. Paris and Rory took a stance against men only to reconcile before the opening credits lol

4. Anne says:

I’ve been binging the last month or so. Gotta get refreshed and ready for the new ones! Finished up Season 3 last night!

5. NM says:

I don’t mean to sound judgemental here as I love Lauren, but what is up with her face in this video?

• Alicia says:

Phew. Glad I’m not the only one that thought that. I just love her looks I hope she’s not getting bad work done :(

• James says:

Nothing on her face is moving the same and her nose looks completely different? Great news, lover her lots, but something is up…

• securtis2 says:

I thought the same! She looks so weird! Her nose looks really odd! And I just got through s1 & s2 so I am quite familiar with her face…

• hannah says:

She is about 15 years older than she was in season 2, so she’s not going to look the same. My guess is she’s almost 50, and she’s aging naturally.

• Will says:

Hopefully it’s just lighting and makeup… also am I the only one who thought the music was louder than her (essentially drowning her out)? I could barely hear her…

• IR0413 says:

It’s been bad for a while. So upsetting. The entire EW spread was really bad too.

• Contouring gone wrong I hope! Her nose is WAY too skinny!

• Whatever says:

She had a nose job when she was younger. So now the rest of her face is aging/expanding naturally, her nose is not. Whomever doing her makeup is not helping with her contour, bronzing is too orange on her, should have use blush instead, more color options to match natural shading.

• lkh says:

What! Everyone should look so good at 50 (50 yo next March). egads

• KS says:

She is lovely but the makeup job is terrible and the warm lighting on top of it doesn’t help. Very strange color choices, the bronzer on her cheeks match her eye makeup and both clash with her lip color, making everything sort of muddy looking.

6. rahajicho says:

As charming as this is, I’d really like a premiere date for the revival.

7. cheri summers says:

Started watching when show first started and have been watching on continuous loops since feb of 2005 on ABC Family and also when came on other stations. Would figure I would be sick of it by now but I’m not. Love love love this show and can’t wait to see the new ones.

8. Justine says:

I’ve been on a rewatching loop for eight months… I first rewatched it alone and have now been rewatching it with my mom! My son is 8 months old and he stops whatever he’s doing when the theme song plays to clap, smile, and squeal. The theme song is the only song that calms him down when he’s fussy! I may be rewatching for years to come…

9. Stephen Carboni says:

Jokes on her, we start earlier this year

10. april-ann says:

Oh man! I hope the voice-over actors were paid a nice tidy sum. Can you imagine dubbing THIS show? I’m sure it was like nothing they’ve ever done before.

11. G says:

1. Humans age and their faces sag. Lay off LG.
    2. Here’s a wacky idea: What if Rory doesn’t end up with any of her childhood exes and actually moves forward? The perfect mate for Rory would have Dean’s commitment (but not his hot-headed attitude), Jess’s passion for literature (but not his sullen self-centeredness), Logan’s sense of adventure (but not rich kid bravado and desperation to prove himself), and Marty’s general attitude/approach to life. 4 guys, 4 seasons to see them and wave g’bye, and do what mother Lorelai always struggled with: Letting the past be the past and moving on with the man of the present who is right for her.

12. Jill says:

It’s July 1st why isn’t it on? I’m central time and it’s already 8:00.. Still not on Netflix?

13. Donna Dykema says:

This has been one of my FAVORITE all time shows! I have binge watched the entire series THREE times AND my husband just bought the series of cd’s so I can continue re watching this wonderful show and amazing actors FOREVER!!!

14. Glenn woods says:

Channel 9 in Sydney have been running Gilmore girls since last year
    I am a huge fan of the show and all its character and characters
    Luke is my favourite, Lorelei next, then Rory…Logan is my favourite boyfriend
    I raised my son through a similar age as Rory and I relate to the writing.
    Well done Palladio’s and the entire cast and crew for filming such a relevant series.
    Looking forward to the new stuff, and I hope Luke gets Lorelei…
    They belong together
    Hope Emily has grown wiser now ‘dad ‘ has gone…
    Has lane got the band back together
    And what of Taylor and Kirk

15. I have all the seasons on DVD and have watched them all! Can’t wait for the new series!

16. wolfmother says:

Dean was pretty controlling and jealous. Jess was a tough guy exterior really he was softie like Luke. Logan only cares about himself.