David Tennant Reads NSFW Scottish Tweets About Trump's Brexit Gaffe

If you thought you had already seen the brunt of Donald Trump putdowns following his recent “Brexit”-related flub, just wait until you see David Tennant (Marvel’s Jessica Jones) read aloud a series of mean tweets with brogue-filled gusto.

Full Frontal With Samantha Bee on Monday called on the Scottish thespian to address the presidential candidate’s recent social media post insinuating that Scotland — not England — had voted to leave the European Union. That faux pas was reinforced when Trump gave a speech on June 24, just hours after England voted to leave the EU, congratulating the people of Scotland on their decision to “take their country back.” The onetime Doctor Who star took great pleasure reading countless, often cleverly obscene digs at the presumptive Republican nominee for his undisputed ignorance on the historic vote.

Watch Tennant address the “ludicrous tangerine ballbag” above, then sound off in the comments.

1. Tara17 says:

That just made my morning!

2. Brynn says:

What a surprise. Tvline is probably not a Trump supporter or even Republican. Reported on any of Obama’s gaffes lately?

• David4 says:

Trump is a walking gaffe. So stop your complaining. The site is run by a gay man that if Trump is elected will probably be kicked out of the country.

• Whatevah says:

Pfft..Nobody says stupid stuff like The Donald.

• Mary says:

Not a surprise at all because everything that comes from the horses mouth is a blunder.
      I find it amusing how some can justify Trump responses.

• Preacher Book says:

TVline is reporting on Samantha Bee’s show which is making fun of the Dump. It’s a partisan show and makes no bones about objectivity. It would be nice if some of this faux outrage were directed at FOX.

• Paul says:

If Trump doesn’t want to be mocked, he should avoid doing things that are mockable.

3. Carol C says:

Love it!

4. Georgia Madman says:

Nothing Trump says beats this ….Four men are dead. Hillary Clinton “What’s it matter now?”

• LADY_in_MD says:

Please provide a link Or back up that she said this as all I can find online is a chat forum on duck hunting.com and a story from a fake news site thank you

• Mary says:

Careful the final report doesn’t blame her for their deaths so I guess you will have to come up with another excuse. In fact it confirms what most of us all knew witch hunt pure and simple by the GOP.

• David4 says:

I can’t stand Mrs. Clinton. She will say anything and lie to your face to get one more vote.

However I find it amazing that the GOP goes after her so much when, and this is the one time I agree with Trump, Bush had the worst terrorist attack i the history of the world on his watch and everyone goes “He kept us safe!”. No he didn’t!

• Mary says:

Neither would have been my pick but since I only have two options I’m with her. No way on earth would I vote for Trump.

• David4 says:

Jill Stein and Gary something are other picks.

• Mary says:

They have no chance in H..ll and all they will do is take away votes. At this point I want to keep Trump out more so no my vote will go to Her. Personally I am looking at the nominee for SC and sorry don’t want Republicans in charge of that.

• Mary says:

They all seem to forget that little detail.

• S. says:

I think you mean Secretary Clinton, or Senator Clinton, or First Lady Hillary Clinton. “Mrs”? Please. Anybody using that to refer to her the way you did means it to be demeaning and that’s inappropriate. People who’ve held those kinds of positions are well past being addressed as civilians even if you don’t like them. “She’ll say anything and lie to your face to get one more vote.” Unless you’ve gotten this mad at every other politician you’ve heard from in your life, spare me the indignation. The best just figure out a way to make you think you heard what you wanted in what they said. I don’t even blame them. It’s the smart thing to do because you can’t get everybody to agree.

• peterwdawson says:

Fifty people are dead, and Trump accepts thanks for being right. And within the greater context of remarks, that statement isn’t taken out of context the whole time since that is the context. Compare with the Clinton soundbyte goes, “Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?” Her point, with of course the next thing she says cut off in most footage, arguing they needed to address where security went wrong before the motivation since more than anything the security flaws are what led to the deaths.

5. MangoMagic says:

Well I’ve learned a slew of new…interesting phrases for spicing up dull conversations.

• Bwhit says:

Same…. I don’t know how or when but I’m going to try and use ‘weapons grade plum’ at some point (I looked it up and it’s only mildly offensive.)

6. LAwoman says:

I need to see more David Tennant. I forgot how much I like him.

• Imagecrafters says:

I agree – he is hilarious! Thank goodness for Broadchurch and Jessica Jones, but sure miss him as Dr. Who.

7. Ken O'Toole says:

Scotland is a part of the UK, in fact they just had a referendum themselves recently to confirm that, moot point if a majority of the people in Scotland ignorantly voted to stay in the EU… and the UK is what Donald was referring to when he said they got their country back, This is not rocket science! … and the people that didn’t have their idiot indoctrinated heads shoved four feet up their indoctrinated asses was exceptionally excited about the outcome of that decisive vote!

• Whatever says:

UK stands for United Kingdom, that’s Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England. So for Donald not caring/knowing the Scotland has different view vs Wales and England, (which may have a future impact on the existence of UK), one of US’s biggest allies, is a legitimate concern.

• Mary says:

Are you Donald personal interrupter because lord knows he needs one? I can see why you are for him, attacking and insulting ones who don’t agree with your point of view is his mo. Considering how close it was I would hardly call it decisive. My understanding is there’s a lot of buyers remorse going on over there. Time will tell how this will all play out.

8. Pat says:

Funny, funny, funny and I cannot stop laughing. Thank you, TV LINE.