Game of Thrones Finale: Relive Cersei and Lyanna Mormont's Best Moments

Warning: Spoilers for Game of Thrones’ Season 6 finale ahead.

Lords, step aside: It was Game of Thrones‘ ladies who ruled the Season 6 finale — one of ’em, literally.

But long before Cersei left the Sept of Baelor a smoking pit of rubble and sat her queenly tush on the Iron Throne, she had a rather satisfying moment with Septa Unella. Likewise, up north, little Lyanna Mormont employed a charming blend of shame and pluck to rally the fraidy-cat Stark bannermen to Jon’s cause.

And because we’re still reeling from the awesome, sweeping, game-changing episode, we thought you might like to relive Cersei and Lyanna’s monologues with us. The text of both is below; we’ll add video if/when it becomes available.

Game of Thrones Season 6 Cersei Monologue SeptaCERSEI LANNISTER AT THE RED KEEP
“Confess. Confess. Confess. Confess: It felt good, beating me. Starving me. Frightening me. Humiliating me. You didn’t do it because you cared about my atonement. You did it because it felt good. I understand. I do things because they feel good. I drink because it feels good. I killed my husband because it felt good to be rid of him. I f–k my brother because it feels good to feel him inside me. I lie about f–king my brother because it feels good to keep our son safe from hateful hypocrites. I killed your High Sparrow and all his little sparrows, all his septons, all his septas. All his filthy soldiers. Because it felt good to watch them burn. It felt good to imagine their shock and their pain. No thought has ever given me greater joy. Even confessing feels good, under the right circumstances.”

Game of Thrones Finale Lyanna Mormont SpeechLYANNA MORMONT AT WINTERFELL
“Your son was butchered at the Red Wedding, Lord Manderly. But you refuse the call. You swore allegiance to House Stark, Lord Glover. But in their hour of greatest need, you refuse the call. And you, Lord Kerwin, your father was skinned alive by Ramsay Bolton, still, you refuse the call. But House Mormont remembers. The North remembers. We know no king but the King in the North whose name is Stark. I don’t care if he’s a bastard. Ned Stark’s blood runs through his veins. He’s my king, from this day until his last day!”

What are you waiting for? Get to practicing these in front of your mirror! (And hit the comments with your thoughts on the speeches.)

1. Sisters are doing it for themselves!

Cersei – slips the trial and kills all her enemies with three little candles, then sits on the Iron Throne like the boss she is
    Sansa – Takes Littlefinger’s black heart and crushes it, has become Robb Starks secret weapon without him knowing it
    Danerys – Picks the smartest man in all the land to be her counselor and then leads a monster size fleet, with Dragons flying air patrol, to the West
    Arya – makes a meat pie out of Walter Frey’s witless sons and serves it to him before slicing his throat — and smiles while doing it
    Lady Mormount – humbles old men with a brutal verbal smackdown and proclaims Jon Snow King of the North — and EVERYONE AGREES

and.. from beyond the grave…
    Lyanne Stark – gave birth to a dark eyes son of the Targaryn who raped her. And Eddard Stark raised him to be a Stark but called him Jon Snow.

• skyebright8 says:

Or Rhaegar didn’t kidnap and rape her, instead she was a teenage girl who ran off with the guy who gave her his favour at a tournament. She knew Robert Baratheon slept around and was pissed off with him.

• Mollymoo says:

I agree with Skye. Rhagear wouldn’t be the first Targaryn to have multiple wives. The non-Baratheon pr on Rhaegar was very positive. He’s portrayed as the good guy by Barriston Selmy and in the story (in the book) told of the Harrenhal tournament. We have Littkefinger making “oh, really, you buy that?” faces when Sansa says Lyanna was kidnapped and raped her. I think it’s more likely that Jon is legit because L and R were legit

2. Lyanna Mormont for Queen in the North.

3. I think that Jon Snow is the love child of Robert Barratheon and Lyanna Stark and taken in by NedStark.

• Valerie says:

Yeah right… That’s why Ned hid his identity from Robert… Lol

• Miranda says:

Why?

• Marc says:

If that was the case, then Lyanna wouldn’t have felt the need to hide Jon from Robert. Why would Robert have wanted to harm his own child, especially a child whose mother was the woman he was betrothed to and also in love with? She begged Ned to protect Jon because he was Rhaegar’s and therefore a Targaryen. If Robert found out he would have killed him, that was why she told Ned to protect him from Robert.

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

It’s known that Robert HATES the Targaryan family, Lyanna telling Ned that he will kill the baby shows that Rhaegar is Jon’s father.

• Mollymoo says:

Umm? No. Robert was essentially engaged To Lyanna at this point. Why would his child by her by at risk? Robert wasn’t married yet and could easily have made the case to legitimize baby Jon and make him the Baratheon heir, it makes zero sense at this point for Robert to be Jon’s dad. On the other hand, Robert was on a rampage from that moment thru his death to wipe out any and all Targaryens. He had folks hunting down Dany to kill her. It was something Ned and Robert fought about in S1. Lyanna’s death bed plea includes the words “Robert will kill him…..” Jon is absolutely a Targaryen.

4. Charles says:

I loved seeing Cersei wine boarding Septa Unella.

5. Yangyuqian Meng says:

Lyanna is my hero, from this day to her last day.

6. awaywithpixie says:

I would truly love to see a conversation between Lady Olenna, and Lady Lyanna. That would truly be the best conversation in the entire GOT universe. Old sass and young sass being sass masters together. Please make it so.

7. Polly says:

Lyanna Mormont for the Iron Throne!

8. JT says:

Luanda Mormon gave the best speech of the night.

9. Yolanda says:

I thought no one would beat Jenny for The L Word for me as the most hated character ever but I absolutely despise Cersei. Since Jenny I have never wanted any TV character dead as much as her. And before she dies I want her to see Tomnen being killed in front of her eyes and then she has to die absolutely the worst death possible. That’s how much I hate that bitch.

• D says:

Soooooo…you must’ve missed the part where Tommen threw himself out the window? And the scene after they recovered his body and she told them to burn him…and the scene where she ASCENDED THE THRONE AND WAS MADE QUEEN?! Kinda hard to kill someone who’s already dead…

• Yolanda says:

Jon Snow was resurrected, they should do the same with Tomnen and then kill him again but this time in front of her eyes. If wrote that my post would be even longer than it really was. For pete’s sake why do I explain myself to some troll on internet?!

• Staci says:

Kinda stretching it huh, there’s no trolling involved. Tommen died, he won’t be resurrected. Just admit you made a mistake and move on. It’s embarrassing for you lol. Cersei will die soon as well, by her little brothers hand as predicted by the witch she visited as a girl. Sorry!

10. Kevin K says:

Lyanna Mormont is my NEW favorite character on GoT and Cersei is becoming like the wicked witch of King’s Landing.