Exclusive

Preacher Sneak Peek: Angels Fiore and DeBlanc Are in a Helluva Lot of Trouble!

Apparently, angels aren’t allowed to just let it go to voicemail.

In this exclusive clip from “South Will Rise Again,” Sunday’s episode of Preacher (AMC, 9/8c), Fiore and DeBlanc know that they have to take heaven’s phone call. The question is, how do they break it to “them” that there’s been “a slight massive security breach” — one that has resulted in Annville’s reverend Jesse being “blessed” with the superpower of persuasion?

Step No. 1, the duo seem to have decided, is let Fiore do the talking. He’s known up above as “the sweet one,” DeBlanc reminds him. And step No. 2 — and this is crucial — is hide in their motel bathroom until Fiore has figured out exactly what he’s going to say.

What could possibly go wrong, right? In other developments this week, “after his stunt with Quincannon, Jesse is Annville’s newest rock star,” the show’s official logline tells us. Plus, “Tulip and Cassidy connect, and The Cowboy makes a tragic decision.”

Press PLAY above to watch Fiore and DeBlanc brainstorm, then hit the comments. Are you digging the idea of a Tulip/Cassidy pairing?

1. Hellas13 says:

Anyone still watching this show? Tried to binge the last 3 episodes and I gave up halfway through.

• KLS says:

I was going to ask the same thing! :) I think only the fans of the comic are still hanging in there. Another AMC slow-moving cult show.

• jeremyjonesz says:

nope, on the contrary Breaking Bad was this slow in it’s popularity factor like Preacher and did these kind of ratings for 3 seasons, so Preacher is in a good place, and 5 episodes in, and the show has already a big fanbase on tumblr, twitter and facebook. It’s moving slow, but in the last episodes, shit will go down, i promise ya.
        – Jeremy Jones.

• Hellas13 says:

OK let’s not compare this to Breaking Bad. It;s not the “slowness” that is the problem. And I like “weird” shows, but not ones that are weird just to be weird. And disjointed.

• Michelle says:

Slow is The Walking Dead for the past few seasons. This is anything but slow

2. simma says:

I love the show, it’s hilarious

3. Lashay says:

Well I haven’t read the comics..and I’ve liked the show since the first episode. And still like it…

And I binged all of them so far..couldn’t stop watching.

4. I never read the comics, but after a slow start, I really have enjoyed this show. It’s no BB or even a TWD, but it is funny and quirky. I was surprised that I like it as much since I am not a fan of Seth Rogen, but since he is staying off screen, maybe his true talents rest in producing. I did like “This is the End” which he also produced with his partner, even though he was on screen. That laugh of his is an immediate turn-off for me.

5. Joey Padron says:

Good clip. Excited to see new episode tonight!

6. AngelWasHere says:

I’m still watching it and never read the comics. It’s super weird tho.

7. Carol C says:

I’m loving this show, too. So many surprises!