Anna Kendrick and James Corden Cover Adele, Cher During 'Love Story' Musical

Anna Kendrick and James Corden couldn’t disappoint us even if they tried.

The Pitch Perfect star joined the equally virtuosic Late Late Show host on Wednesday for “Soundtrack to a Love Story,” a four-minute musical that charted a fictitious romance between the melodic duo from meet-cute to “I do’s.”

While hits by The Weeknd, Boyz II Men and Bruno Mars perfectly scored the twosome’s happiest days, they eventually turned to the powerful lyricism of Adele (aka the queen of heartbreak songs) to express their feelings amid a crumbling marriage. Along the way, Kendrick and Corden also sampled songs by Cher, Whitney Houston and Elton John.

Watch Kendrick and Corden’s whirlwind romance play out above, then drop a note in the comments with your song suggestions for the inevitable “Love Story” follow-up during November Sweeps.

1. Dani says:

Anna Kendrick is a gem. And James!! Man, he is one talented fellow, yeah? I’d love to see them both back on Broadway.

2. Sheryl says:

OMG…The Partridge Family…I think I love you🎶😀

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Right?? That was easily my favorite part. Under-appreciated anthem. Can picture Keith on the bandstand as if it was yesterday…

• MMD says:

So can I which makes me feel really old! :-(

• MMD says:

James Corden has more talent in his pinkie than most of the biggest stars. He can sing, dance, act, truly, he can do anything and everything and make it look so easy plus he seems to have no ego at all. Can’t tell you how many times I have gotten myself all awake jumping out of bed to sing and dance along (and I get his show at 1:35 am)

• Amy H says:

This made my day! Though I did have to explain to my daughter where/what/who about the Partridge Family.

3. Mark says:

I’m sure Dolly has a full-time accountant on staff, just to keep track of the “I Will Always Love You” checks she receives from the use of her endlessly amazing tune. ;0)

4. veronica says:

Anna Kendrick is one of the best interviewees out there—and when she’s on James Corden you know it’s going to be great—they delivered.

5. Sue says:

That was EPIC. Someone, get James a prime-time show! His talent is totally wasted at 12:35 AM and give Anna Kendrick a recurring role, so she can back every week. Now all we need is Anna’s Carpool Karaoke. :)

• Temperance says:

Pretty much the Late Late Show might as well be the only late show out there. Whether it was Craig Ferguson or James Cordon, it was the only one I’ve watched in ages. Cordon is certainly the best out there.

6. Tiffany says:

James hitting that note at the end gave me life!

7. c-mo says:

These kinds of bits are what I love about James’ show. When he has a guest on with amazing vocal talent, like Anna Kendrick, he doesn’t just waste it letting her just sit and drone on endlessly about her current project, he asks her to showcase her talent in a creative way. I love that we get these little gems, i.e., Carpool Karaoke, movie showcases, Drop the Mic, “Love Story” the musical, etc., it’s totally worth the missed sleep so I can watch them “live”! Thanks, James Corden, well done again!!!

8. fiberlicious says:

Corden can sing? Who knew?