Christina Grimmie: Family of The Voice Star Shares Touching Tribute

The family of singer Christina Grimmie has released a video remembrance honoring the life of their loved one, who on June 10 was killed by a deranged gunman following a performance in Orlando. The four-and-half minute montage takes a look back at her rise from YouTube hopeful to The Voice Season 6 standout, and shows her interacting with her beloved fans.

Throughout the reel, Grimmie can be heard singing Jason Mraz’s “I Won’t Give Up.” She also shares her hopes and dreams for a future that was tragically taken from her:

“My goal in my career is to inspire people, is to get my music out there and have people enjoy it, and have people think of me as an inspirational artist.”

The footage, which first made its way online Friday evening, also includes a bittersweet description that reads as follows: “Christina Grimmie was taken from all of us far too soon, but the impact she had on this world in the short 22 years of her life will carry on forever.”

Watch the touching tribute above.

1. Lola says:

Beautiful. Sad she was taken far too soon by some sick deranged individual. RIP! And may the angels be serenaded with your wonderful voice as we were.

2. Sanjuro says:

Rest in peace, you beautiful angel. We’ll never forget you. #TeamGrimmieForever

3. DL says:

RIP. I have been gratified to hear that during the Orlando shooting coverage, she has continued to be mentioned as well. Neither she nor the others that passed on there will be forgotten. Praying for the families.

4. MCBERNIE Frippiat says:

RIP my wonderful idol Christina G. I’ll be missing you so much. You are the best artist I’ve never seen in my life. For your family all I can tell is try to be strong and condolences to the intire family. I we’ll always love you my dear Christina and I we’ll never forget you!): I we’ll miss so much! From Belgium with love!

5. Dan Hobbs, spouse of betsy says:

Your daughter was a most wonderful person. So talented, so loving, so happy, so fun, so driven, so courageous, so true to her beliefs. She has been an incredible example to so many young girls and women and to everyone else also. Be happy, follow your dreams, work so very hard. Give love to all and welcome that feeling back. This is how to live your life. What a person you brought to the world. It is very painful now but I will always keep her in my mind’s eye, close to my heart. I am so lucky to have been inspired by her, to see how she lived and cared for all. Her fans, her charity work, her family. All who listened carefully to her words and wishes know she had a wisdom and a love for all in this world which so badly needs. Deepest condolences to all her family and friends.

6. lori says:

Can’t begin to say how sad I am for her and her family. She was just starting out in life. She seemed to have so much to contribute to the world. It is a big loss for the us all. Rest in peace.

7. Paolo says:

It’s too painful to watch, even think of. She loved everyone who came to her and welcomed everyone with love and music. We can only take solace that She is in a much better place – a friend quipped that she’s with Prince and David Bowie now – and rooting for us to love each other like She did, and that her music will inspire us forever…

Thank You, Christina. Thank You. Rest in Peace :(

8. Joey Padron says:

Great tribute to her. Still sad she’s gone. RIP.

9. Goldenvibefan says:

This was very difficult to watch, as I didn’t think this would happen so soon. She was taken far too soon. It sucks that I will never get to meet the inspirational artist that helped me out through some of the worst times of my life, but I’m glad that I get to hear her beauitful voice sing in these songs. I will miss her greatly, but I know that she is singing with the angels now. Bye Christina, I will never forget you.