Game of Thrones Season 6 Photos Episode 7

Game of Thrones: New Photos Offer Ringside Seat for 'Battle of Bastards'

Ramsay Bolton, you’re going down (we hope and pray and hope a little more).

Game of Thrones has released photos from Sunday’s episode (HBO, 9/8c), and because the premium cabler chose not to issue synopses for the final two hours of Season 6, the pictures give us our first substantive clues about the episode.

Titled “The Battle of Bastards,” the season’s penultimate installment most likely involves a showdown between Ramsay, whose family is in possession of the Stark seat Winterfell and who brutalized Sansa (who, by the unfortunate way, is still his wife), and Jon Snow, who along with half sister Sansa has been gathering forces to help retake their childhood home.

Aside from the episode’s title, the only inkling Thrones fans have had about the season’s end came from ambiguous teases included on this year’s Emmy ballots. For “Battle of the Bastards,” in which “terms of surrender are rejected and accepted,” and for the finale, “The Winds of Winter,” in which “Cersei faces her trial.”

RELATED TVLine Items: Game of Thrones‘ XL Finale and More

The photos in the gallery below give us a look at all the key players — in addition to Jon, Ramsay and Sansa, there are Wun Wun the giant (please don’t die), Tormund Giantsbane (please don’t die) and Ser Davos (seriously, please don’t die), as well as an overhead shot of the opposing armies meeting each other on the field.

Click through the gallery below to get your first glimpse at the episode, then hit the comments: Who do you think will be left stanidng when “The Battle of Bastards” is done?

1. Kevin K says:

Ramsay’s reign of terror is about to end in the penultimate episode. The entire hour is becoming like Braveheart.

2. The Kaibosh says:

Much has been made of the vicious Bolton dogs. How they rip their victims to shreds. I foresee (I could be wrong) Ramsay and his dogs facing off in some way with Jon and Ghost. The Boltons are the anti-Starks. I see Ramsay’s dogs trying to attack but stop when Ghost easily kills one of them. Ghost will become the new alpha and the dogs will turn on Ramsay and rip him to shreds.

• Amy says:

I was thinking along those same lines, but more like “Wouldn’t it be great if Nymeria showed up to help out?”

3. DT says:

I think Little Finger will show up right when it looks like the Starks are going to lose (giving them a false sense of security that all is not lost and they may just win after all), then double cross them and Ramsay will triumph. I hate to think so, but its too predictable to have Ramsay lose…that is just not the GoT way…there is always a twist.

• Amy says:

I read somewhere that Ramsay isn’t supposed to die, but I do hope he loses. With only 2 seasons left, we have got to wrap up the silly kingdom squabbles and focus on the big picture – the war with the White Walkers.

4. Wordsmith says:

“Battle of Bastards” has a certain ring to it, but I still maintain that this confrontation should be known as “The Snowdown.”

5. Kathleen S. says:

I swear…..this show and TWD give me anxiety before these major episodes even air because I know they will likely kill a character (or characters) that I care about. Not that I would want them to do it any other way, but it cracks me up how emotionally involved I get.

6. Topanga lee says:

Whole season six so far, I think I was the only one who felt that Jon Snow really really knows NOTHING. HE looks weaker and no leading quality. Yup, His character seems lost his charm since he is finally back from the death – maybe sleep was so nothing he would rather stay in dead. SO short summary, let’s make this guy gloriously shine on Sunday at least ONCE. If he die, Pls don’t bring him back as honor of his wish. GO Jon Snow, show us you are the ONE not Neo.