Last SHip Orlando Nightclub Shooting

Last Ship Premiere Rescheduled, Murder in the First Pushed Back

TNT has rescheduled the two-hour Season 3 premiere of The Last Ship for this Sunday, June 19, at 9/8c.

Additionally, the network announced that the Season 3 premiere of Murder in the First will now air Sunday, June 26 at 10 pm.

The Last Ship‘s season opener was originally slated to air this past Sunday, but because it features a gunman opening fire at a nightclub, it was pulled in the wake of the shooting massacre at an Orlando nightclub earlier that day. The sequence, which comes in the back half of the first hour, sets up the abduction of several characters, launching a major Season 3 arc.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Great news!!

2. Kevin K says:

I knew it was going to be rescheduled.

3. Shaun says:

Already saw the first 2 episodes online,fun stuff and good new characters.

4. Kevin In CT says:

This may sound crazy, but I have already seen S03E01, it showed up on my DVD at least 10 days ago. I have nothing special just a regular cable, cloud based DVR, very strange!

5. yan says:

i saw S03e01+02
    when is ep03

6. 301 and 302 aired in Canada as scheduled.

• TV Gord says:

No, it didn’t. I tuned in to check and there was something else in its place. Last night’s scheduled repeat of the first two episodes was also pulled.

7. Bonnie says:

We are so confused!!! We just watched the first episode of season 3 when there was an attack on a Vietnamese bar and several of the main characters were tayzed and abducted! We still don’t know what happened to Dr Scott though!

• Mel says:

The President confirmed her death in his speech at the start of the episode. Literally seconds into it. There’s also that scene where Kara handed Chandler his ration book, where they used her image as a tribute.

8. Mel says:

I’ve been a fan of this show for the past two seasons, not because of who was on it, but because of the story. I believe that killing off Dr. Rachel Scott was just WRONG. I didn’t even finish watching the first episode. She was the heart of that show. Perfect role model for girls. She was intelligent, compassionate, but fallible. She made mistakes and owned up to them, and strived to be a better person.

I’m sure the show runners have their reasons. While disappointing, I respect that. Good luck with the rest of the season, but I’m DONE. Thanks for the amazing first two seasons.

• Emmanuel Afreh says:

Hello Mel…… I understand how you feel, but I will urge yo to watch the season 3. Though Dr. Scott isn’t in it, I bet you it is as rich as the first two seasons. Trust me.

9. coachlewis9331 says:

Person of Interest lost my interest when Taraji P. Henson left. Criminal minds lost my interest when Shamar Moore left. Without Rhona Mitra, Last Ship went from great to mediocre. Bridget is a strong character but no science. No science, no sex, no sizzle. Now we lost Tex. Wow! Even the display of the new parents (although against regulations) is weak and does not generate positive emotions which are needed for high ratings. You ended season without a cliff hanger and no positive emotions. Season 3 ended with negative feelings, regret, and sorrow. Are you paying the writers?