Emmys

Emmys 2016: Supporting Actor in a Comedy — Our 7 Dream Nominees!

We’ve come to the final category of TVLine’s Dream Emmy Nominees series — and thank goodness!

In this era of “Peak TV,” there are so many fantastic shows and actors from which to choose, our brainstorming email threads are beginning to look like something out of Mad Max: Fury Road.

Today, our picks for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series contain seven terrific talents — only one of whom made the actual Emmy ballot in 2015. Yep, we’re advocating for fresh, unexpected choices this time around: Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Members, are you paying attention?

For the record, 2016 Emmy nominations will be made from June 13-27, and announced July 14. The 68th Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, is slated to air Sunday, Sept. 18 on ABC.

Check out the gallery below — or click here for direct access — to peruse our choices, then sound off in the comments!

1. liv says:

Christopher Meloni, Wet Hot American Summer, First Day of Camp

2. Guy says:

Zach Woods from Silicon Valley would be my choice.

3. Jules says:

Zach Woods, Tony Hale and Titus Burgess. Those 3 and I’ll be happy.

4. webly3 says:

I’m not sure who I’d exactly nominate here, but the must-have names that instantly come to mind (Louie Anderson, Titus Burgess, and Jaime Camil) are rightfully included on this list.

5. Lauren says:

I’m so glad you included Louis Anderson! He blew me away on Baskets.

6. N says:

Axl of course

• Bob says:

IDK if anyone notice but the ep where Axl buys himself a pair of boots as a present for himself, the scene where he has to take them off kills me. He takes a Popsicle out the fridge rubs it on his feet then tastes it and then throws them in a plant while comforting Sue was hilarious.

7. Karen P says:

It’s hard to pick just one supporting actor from Veep but I would go with Kevin Dunn. His timing and delivery consistently delivers the laughs every episode. I think he’s incredibly hilarious.

8. Bryan says:

If only the TVAcademy mixes things up like this every year and not recycling everyone from the past year. That would be more exciting to watch.

9. Hipper says:

Hmmm, I’d rather take Timothy Simon… it’s been a banner year both Jonah and his portrayer.

10. stevie says:

Big Tasty!!

11. kfdjfkdfmkdfkdf says:

Where’s Emmy Rossum?! She deserved that emmy award a long time ago.

12. HAP says:

Sorry, but there are several more deserving characters on Veep than Sam Anderson.

13. Very happy to see Charlie McDermott on the list. And a little surprised too because The Middle is never mentioned as much as it should be. I always though he was great, but this season was really the first time that I realized how good he actually is.

14. niloofar says:

Garret Dillahunt’s Jody in The Mindy Project is just perfect. Agree with your choices 100%.

15. Britta Unfitered says:

I’m so excited you have Sam Richardson on here. It made me squee. He’s on my dream list too. Along with Louie Anderson, Ike Barinholtz for The Mindy Project, Tituss Burgess, Ray Santiago for Ash vs Evil Dead, and Zach Woods for Silicon Valley., Sadly, I think only Louie Anderson and Tituss Burgess will get nominations. Along with repeats of Ty Burrell, Adam Driver, Tony Hale, and Andre Braugher.