Grey's Anatomy Season 13

Kevin McKidd, Justin Chambers and Two Others Ink New Grey's Deals

Four of Grey’s Anatomy‘s finest docs will continue to keep watch over the hospital.

Kevin McKidd (Owen Hunt), Justin Chambers (Alex Karev), Chandra Wilson (Miranda Bailey) and James Pickens, Jr. (Richard Webber) have inked new contracts with the ABC drama that will keep them in scrubs at least through the upcoming 13th season, TVLine has learned.

Chambers previously hinted at nearing a new deal back in March, while Kevin McKidd was optimistic about his future as Owen. Jessica Capshaw settled her own business a year ago, signing a multi-year deal with the stalwart medical drama, which this season was broadcast TV’s No. 3-rated drama, trailing only Empire and The X-Files.

“I don’t see any reason why [a new deal] wouldn’t happen,” McKidd told TVLine back in January, adding, “I love [the show].”

News of the quartet’s pacts comes on the heels of leading lady Ellen Pompeo’s own successful renegotiation. It also follows the departure of fellow Grey’s vet Sara Ramirez.

1. Andrew Hass says:

I’m happy that all 4 actors have signed new deals but not that surprised either.

2. Concerned says:

I dunno would anyone really care if Chandra Wilson left? I don’t know if most fans would even notice LOL

• Matt C. says:

Considering A) Bailey is the chief of surgery B) she’s one of the only remaining original characters and C) she’s awesome, I think that most fans would notice her absence. Not to mention that Chandra has taken on a behind-the-scenes role with directing.

• Daviddd says:

See my comment below but I agree with Concerned. How is she awesome exactly? All you did was name boring facts. What is the last storyline she was in you were actually engaged in?

• BarbC says:

I really like Bailey….she is so spunky and keeps the show moving…love her litte jabs at people :)

• Pedro says:

Bailey was one of the best characters on this show. But that was long ago. I hope they give Wilson better storylines. He hasn’t had a good one since season 8.

• Lauren says:

I would notice because I have grown to dislike her character so much. I would be thrilled. I feel bad for the actress, I’m sure she’s great. But her character is insufferable now.

• Concerned says:

Yes it’s frustrating what they’ve done to her! So yah honestly at this point kind of wish she would just go and use the money elsewhere

• Larc says:

Bailey went from being my 2nd favorite character on GA (The Chief was always #1) to being one of my least. The writers have done a crummy job with her. Chandra Wilson is an excellent actor who hasn’t deserved that treatment.

• Yes!!! They’ve ruined everything about her character. I love Chief, though (you know, Webber, the real chief).

• Tiff says:

I would notice she’s still my favorite. Even though I don’t watch anymore

• Stacey says:

People would so notice and most definitely care. Like it was said before, she is the heart of the hospital.

3. Matt C. says:

How long are Jesse Williams and Sarah Drew’s contracts good for? They’ve been on the show for over 7 seasons now, but I never hear their names mentioned when talking about contract renegotiations. Just curious!

4. AD says:

Is anyone else’s contract up for renewal? Sarah or Jesse?

5. Daviddd says:

Haha you’re totally right, Concerned. She’s kind of a waste of money. I can’t remember the last time I heard anyone talk about any storyline involving her. “Baileys my favorite character” said no one ever lol.

• Shaun says:

should have retired the character after the originals became fellows.

• Jermey says:

she’s one of my favorite characters.

• Jamie says:

Nah, tons of people used to say “Bailey is my favorite character”, especially in the first few seasons. She just sucks now – and has for a while now – but in the first half of the show, Bailey was bomb as hell.

• Stacy says:

She’s one of my favorite characters. I’m just not a fan of her recent storyline. Although, nobody’s storylines this season impressed me. It was quite a letdown. I’m hoping this next season they amp it up.

6. EM says:

I’m glad they are all back especially the originals. Still love the show but each time an original leaves, I feel it diminishes the show a bit. Bailey definitely needs a reboot. I need Alex and Mer happy with whom ever.

• Stacy says:

Bailey has finally become Chief of Surgery and, professionally, they don’t have much for her to do. Bailey was fun to watch because she was always reaching for the next professional advancement. Now that she’s arrived, what’s next? I would love for her to have a career shakeup or project.

7. K says:

Still sad Sara didn’t resign but based on comments from Shonda, it seems highly possibly she could come back at some point.

Ugh, nothing against McKidd or Pickens, but I find their characters so useless now.

8. 777 says:

Nothing against Kevin, but it kinda sucks that we’re stuck with Hunt for 2 more years.

9. Shaun says:

Most of these ones should have been let go after next season.Send Webber,Bailey and Owen packing,there’s such a thing as overstaying your characters welcome.

• Ally Oop says:

I like Webber. I enjoy his scenes and what he brings to the show. I dislike Bailey though cause she has kind of become a boring character. Owen, too, is rather stale. And one other character I would love to give the old heave-ho to is Maggie–by far the most annoying character on the show.

• Stacy says:

I like Maggie! I like the actress and most of her scenes. They do need to tone her down as the worrywart sister, though.

10. BarbC says:

I really hope that Callie comes back….I will miss her and her smile :)

11. Bigdede says:

There is no reason for them to resign Kevin McKidd. Owen is useless

12. N says:

I love chief Webber

13. Jules says:

I thought KMK had already been signed on months ago. GA should be retired after it reaches 300 episodes, get Kepner back with Avery, resolve Alex’s almost engagement, and let Meredith leave for New Zealand with Riggs. That’s gotta be why Riggs is a Kiwi so Meredith can exit alive and hopefully with a happy ending. Meredith is owed that much at least

14. Woohoo! Grey’s just had one of its best seasons last year and I’m glad most of the cast will be back.

15. Viv says:

Ahhh Kevin… remember the days of being terrified in the lingerie department with Father Ted? You’ve come a long way McKidd! Congrats to all!

16. Stacy says:

Characters only become useless when the writers fail to write for them. Grey’s is mostly writing unbelievable plots and scenes. I believe the plane crash and hospital shooting more than Owen & Riggs ridiculous hatred and rivalry this season.