Fall TV Preview
Fall 2016 Preview: 10 Characters

Fall Preview: 11 TV Characters Who Have a Sizzling Autumn Ahead of 'Em!

With summer so close we can already smell the sunblock, intel is starting to trickle out about the fast-but-not-fast-enough-approaching fall TV season. And with every spoilery hint that gets dropped — and give how certain seasons stormed to a close — we’re able to form a clearer picture of which characters’ storylines will be heating up when the weather starts to cool off.

For some of our favorites, it’ll mean getting off the bench and finally taking a real turn at bat. (Yes, we mean you, Grey’s Anatomy’s Jo.) For others, it’ll mean a different kind of plot. (The Walking Dead’s Maggie is about to become a mother, a widow or both!) And for Once Upon a Time‘s formerly Evil Queen, it means no less than double trouble to come.

But for each and every one of them, big stuff is in store.

Scroll through the gallery below (click here for direct access) to check out our list of characters who are front-and-center-bound, then hit the comments with the favorites you wish would get more story thrown at them.

1. Lyn says:

Of the 11 shows featured I only watch TBBT, but I’m excited about the storyline.

2. Wordsmith says:

On Chicago Fire, is ANYONE in the audience actually expecting Jimmy to win his war with Boden? Is anyone rooting for him?

• Bwhit says:

Rooting for him to stay and just accept that it was a horrific accident and one more minute may not have done much.

• Wordsmith says:

That would be ideal, I agree, but the teasers literally say that one of them is going to go.

• Bwhit says:

I know what they say…. It’s 99% certain that it’s going to end up with Jimmy leaving, which sucks. It constantly happens on that show, they develop a character, the audience likes them and then they make the character do something or act a certain way to justify their exit. I had hoped that wouldn’t happen with Jimmy but I shouldn’t be surprised.

3. Julia says:

Love Jo and I think people need to stop hating on her so unjustifiedly. Her story is important for a lot of women and I can’t wait for Grey’s to raise awareness for domestic abuse. It will be also interesting because Alex watched his dad beat his mother for most of his childhood. He’ll be devastated to find out the woman he loves went through the same. It will be heartbreaking but beautiful.

• Jamie says:

Eh, the Jo dislike is pretty justified. I mean, she tattled false information to her best friend’s boss because she was jealous and then acted all surprised that Steph didn’t forgive her right away. And she goes on and on about how tough she is, but then not only let Meredith walk all over her for like 2 seasons, but had the nerve to get angry at Alex for not fighting her battles for her. Stand up for yourself, woman! Your boyfriend has no place fixing your work problems for you! I think a lot of people just think she’s too immature.
      That aside, her story is important, and I’ve been wondering since she dropped a hint about it a few seasons ago if they were ever going to fully address it. I’m glad they finally are.

4. Wordsmith says:

I know it would be too tough to explain to folks who don’t watch Flash, but it seems like Barry messing with the past should also completely change the current timeline on Arrow (and Legends of Tomorrow, though they can do their timey-wimey “reality hasn’t solidified” thing).
    There could just be one or two really surreal episodes of Arrow where most of the characters are dead, with absolutely no explanation, and then it all suddenly goes back to the way it was.

• T H says:

The show has mentioned that when the past is changed it spins off a parallel timeline which is where I’m assuming we’ll pick up Flash. Because of this, I’m expecting “our friend Barry has vanished” to be the only Arrow change since that show will probably continue in the original timeline. I could be wrong though, but it makes the most sense to me so the Arrow writers aren’t bound by Flash too much.

5. Kevin K says:

Liz Keen from The Blacklist. Coming back from the dead and confronting her “father” (fka Alexander Kirk).

6. To be honest, I’m more excited to know if we’ll ever find out what kind of wesen baby will Rosalee give birth to, since they don’t usually woge for the first time till puberty. Probably not :(

• Wordsmith says:

Grimm is known for totally tossing their established mythology out the window in favor of whatever seems most fun in the moment, so the chances of a baby-woge are probably pretty good.

• Grimm’s not really known for that, but I wish they’r do baby-woge.

• Wordsmith says:

When was the last time they talked about The Verrat, The Royals, Reapers, The Wesen Council, Magic Coins, Nick being a sometimes-Zombie, or the fact that Grimm blood can turn a Hexenbiest human?
          Also, they introduce monsters like La Llorona or the Volcano Spirit, which have nothing to do with the established mythos.
          The show has a very short attention span, frequently for the better.

• They don’t have to stick to a single storyline. That doesn’t mean they don’t remain strong to mythology. And often fantasy shows tell one specific version of myths, that frequently have several. That doesn’t break their original storyline. Also, they’ve explained that the blood of a Grimm can take off the power of a born Hexenbiest. It could probably take Diana’s. Juliette isn’t one, she was made/turned. So was Adalind, who went through the ritual to ger her powers back :)

7. Jennifer says:

Double the Regina, double the Lana, cannot wait!

8. N says:

Yay Axl! But I love weird Ashley

9. Mommaknowsbest says:

Anyone else thinking Tim McGee on NCIS?

10. Boiler says:

I am thinking Cassidy is coming back for Axl. He seemed to know the person he saw.

11. KLS says:

I was actually hoping that Blindspot’s Sullivan Stapleton would get the chance to show some other expressions except brooding/angry Fed this season. If the show gets too dark, people will bail.

12. Val1 says:

More Regina is boring. And the silliness of her acting like the evil queen is not part of her and acting like it was entity was silly. She didnt have a curse in her, it was all her. zzzzzzzz

13. Mary says:

“And for Once Upon a Time‘s formerly Evil Queen, it means no less than double trouble to come” Double Lana = double yessssssssssssssss