Wayward Pines Season 2 Ratings

Ratings: Wayward Pines Dips Again

Wayward Pines this Wednesday drew 2.4 million total viewers and a 0.7 demo rating (per finals), dipping in both measures for a second consecutive week since its Season 2 opener. For comparison’s sake, Episode 3 of what was last summer’s top-rated drama did 4 mil and a 1.2 (leading out of Bones on a post-sweeps Thursday).

Opening Fox’s night, MasterChef (4.1 mil/1.2) matched its season premiere.

ABC’s NBA Finals coverage of course dominated Wednesday with 16.5 million viewers and a 6.1rating, though it was down from Sunday’s Game 2 (17.5 mil/6.5) as well as last year’s Game 3 (18.8 mil/7.3).

Over on NBC, American Ninja Warrior (5.8 mil/1.6) dipped 10 percent and a tenth, while The Night Shift (4.2 mil/0.9) slipped 10 percent and two tenths from its Season 3 premiere.

1. John Jacob says:

Under The Dome Syndrome – Have a nice show that is pretty intriguing. Wraps up nicely and does well as a mini-story. Decide to bring it back and then be surprised that the follow-up seasons are awful.

• dave2442 says:

How did Under the Dome wrap up nicely after season 1?

• At last! says:

To me, the problem was that they killed all the characters/plot lines I was invested in way too soon to get invested in the new character arcs. Jason has no point without Kate, Kerry without Ben or Theo no point without nurse Pam.

• fahmida94 says:

it got wayyyyyyy better since the first few episodes… and Nurse Pam is back. So I hope you’re still watching so we get a season 3 !!

2. Kevin K says:

The Cleveland Cavaliers can’t lose a game at home this post-season but I’m not sure if the NBA Finals should end in 7.

3. Suso says:

Keep killing off the only engaging characters left on the show, and I’m betting “Wayward Pines” will fall even further.

• At last! says:

At this point, I don’t have any reason to watch since I already learned what happened to the rebellion and the characters involved in it.

• fahmida94 says:

and it’s getting good so please give it a chance so ratings go up and season 3 happens!

4. keniri says:

I’m not surprised that the second season dropped. I tried watching the first episode of the second season and it was an absolute borefest. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely enjoyed the first season. The characters were interesting and it was adapted well for the television. But this second season … it just boggles my mind because these characters are not very interesting and their acting is so sub-par that I can’t believe that the network execs didn’t order a re-write or recast what they eventually got.

• fahmida94 says:

I felt the same way and I was getting ready to leave but 2 words: Flashback scenes! and the new and old characters are developing.
      and it’s getting really good… a bunch of twists and revelations … so please give it a chance again so ratings go up and season 3 happens!

5. Michelle says:

Well going up against the NBA Finals wasnt going to go in Wayward Pines’s favor. But I bet the live +7 will be high, just like last summer. Hoping the ratings go back once there’s no big competition because the show is very compelling this season.

6. Tenney says:

I have to agree with the other commenters here, the first season of Wayward Pines was really good and it would have been a great one-and-done; a second season seems to be pushing it. I dvr’d this episode to watch later, but I chose to watch America Ninja Warrior because it is way more entertaining and enjoyable.

7. Max says:

To me, Wayward Pines ended last season with the death of Matt Dillon’s character. As much as I enjoy Jason Patric and the rest of the cast, the story was over. So I haven’t even bothered to check into season 2.

• At last! says:

The worst part it: Yedlin could’ve been a great view point character for the old conflict at the core of this town. As it is, he’s just yet another victim whose story I already saw with Harold Ballinger, Theresa Burke, Sheriff Pope, Beverly and so on.

8. Jared says:

I officially gave up on this season of Wayward Pines. Not even Jason Patric can save it.

9. kirads09 says:

Hmmm Guess I am the only one really enjoying S2 and Jason Patrick. Last night one of the best episodes yet.

10. Mark Sacchetti says:

The writing is terrible this season.

11. chadcronin says:

I so far have yet to see where they can take the story. Already tired of the brats running things. All the mystery is gone. Jist seems to be about bossy people and innocent people needlessly dying

12. HAP says:

According to Rotten Tomatoes, while the critics gave it a 79 rating for season 1, season 2 has a 38. I watched every episode of season 1. Not interested in this season.

13. Diz says:

Wayward Pines has sucked. It’s not even the same show anymore. I don’t think I’ve seen such a good show turn to such crap so fast.

14. Wayward Pines could’ve made a great storyline for season 2 but of course they didn’t bother! I mean not only is it depressing to see characters you love dying but I find that there is no actual mystery left on the show. I mean, what am I watching it for? There’s no suspense at all.

• fahmida94 says:

The first few episodes were slow but trust me there is so much new mystery … you need to get back into the show if you’re not watching already :)