Rob Lowe Roast Comedy Central

Comedy Central to Roast Rob Lowe

Rob Lowe is about to go through a different type of grinder.

Comedy Central on Thursday announced that Lowe will be its next celebrity roast victim, following in the illustrious footsteps of stars like Pamela Anderson, Justin Bieber and Flavor Flav; the taping and air dates have yet to be revealed.

“Rob Lowe is handsome, talented, successful and handsome,” says Comedy Central president Ken Alterman, adding, “He needs to be roasted”

Meanwhile, Lowe has his own thoughts about this tremendous honor: “What a thrill to once again be following in Justin Bieber’s footsteps. I look forward to a night of hilarious jokes recycled from the James Franco Roast. I would like to express my gratitude to the members of my family who have passed away and therefore will not have to endure what promises to be a very special evening.”

Will you tune in to The Comedy Central Roast of Rob Lowe? Which stars should handle the roasting? Drop a comment with all of your thoughts below.

1. steven says:

He’s too likeable to get roasted, all the other celebrities who got roasted have done something bad in their pasts.

• Kerrie says:

During his bratpack days he slept with a girl that was underage in Paris and it became a whole thing, sure he’s been clean/sober and likeable for the past 25 yrs but the roasters will bring up all his bratpack shenanigans.

• Chris says:

Kinda have to agree. The roasted is either despised or have something funny about them to use as ammunition. Are they going to lob “Star on Parks And Recreation much?” jokes at him? I’ll still tune in if its a good dais because that’s usually the deal breaker for me. (If it’s the craft services guy from Good Luck Charlie and real housewives…I’m out)

• Gern Blanston says:

He had about a decade there where all he was in was Lifetime movies of the week. There’s his underage sextape thing from the 80’s. There’s his politics. His latest show just got cancelled. His Brat Pack movies were pretty cheesy. There’s enough there to rag on him for an hour or two.

• big cheddar says:

It’ll be a challenge for sure, which would make it interesting. He’s pretty self depicting in his books, so he can take a joke. I’m sure there’ll be some jokes about him selling his soul for eternal youth or wishing he was Robert Downey Jr or something.

• Jeri says:

He’s walked out on a lot of shows (West Wing for one) either for raises or political stands, such as being the shows star. I always prepare myself for him to leave early into the show if I start to watch a show he is on. The Grinder was good, I was sorry to see it cancelled but only being on a year was good for Rob. Of course, IMO only.

2. Ceili says:

Bradley Whitford!!!

3. Tom says:

That’s the way to respond to a roast announcement

4. Reba42 says:

Literally the best news ever.

5. HAP says:

Wonder if he’ll show up. Or leave before it’s finished.

6. Russ Meyers says:

I have been missing Double L.- Lisa Lampanelli in recent roasts. The Bieber Roast was arguably the best of all the rest. Hope to see Fred Savage in the mix the big nite.Timothy Olyphant would be an excellent dais choice.

7. Terry says:

I watched for the first 15 mins and had to turn off. What a bunch of filthy, disgusting people. The Dean Martin Roasts were classy this is pure filth, and with his son in the audience!!!! What the hell is wrong with people today to go to such extremes for a laugh?