Tony Awards 2016

Tony Awards 2016: Hamilton, Waitress and 8 Other Performances Announced

CBS on Wednesday released the full list of scheduled performances for the 2016 Tony Awards (Sunday, 8/7c) — a list that will likely have you thinking, “How lucky we are to be alive right now!”

As you might have guessed from that oh-so-subtle Hamilton reference, Lin-Manuel Miranda will be joined on stage by the cast of his Tony-gobbling historical musical, including fellow nominees Phillipa Soo, Leslie Odom Jr., Renée Elise Goldsberry, Christopher Jackson and Daveed Diggs.

Scroll down to see the other stars (so many TV stars!) and shows set to take the Tonys stage by storm this Sunday:

* Tony nominees Brandon Victor Dixon and Adrienne Warren, and the cast of Shuffle Along

* Tony nominees Laura Benanti, Zachary Levi and Jane Krakowski, and the cast of She Loves Me

* Tony nominee Alex Brightman and the cast of School of Rock

* Tony nominee Danny Burstein and the cast of Fiddler on the Roof

* Tony nominees Danielle Brooks and Cynthia Erivo, and the cast of The Color Purple

* Tony nominees Sara Bareilles, Christopher Fitzgerald and Jessie Mueller, and the cast of Waitress

* Tony nominee Carmen Cusack and the cast of Bright Star

* The cast of Spring Awakening

* Gloria Estefan and the cast of On Your Feet!

Which performances are you most excited to see? Drop a comment with your picks below.

1. Steven says:

I absolutely love Spring Awakening. So glad the cast will be performing. I’m actually listening to the soundtrack right now.

2. Holly Mingola says:

She loves me cast. Can’t wait.

3. Annie Sisk says:

I really cannot get enough Lin Manuel Miranda – or “Hamilton” – or “Hamilton” cast – in my life.

4. KLS says:

The Tonys are really the only good award show. The presenters and performers are live stage professionals, think on their feet and can keep “the show” moving.

5. LC says:

Hamilton!!! Also excited for The Color Purple. I saw it a few weeks ago and the whole cast was amazing but Cynthia Erivo’s performance was especially extraordinary. I’m happy a wider audience will get to experience the show and hear Erivo’s beautiful voice.

6. Et al. says:

It’s adorable that the non-Hamilton nominees have agreed to attend.

• Ryan says:

My favorite acceptance speech at the Drama Desk awards started with “Thank You to Hamilton for being eligible last year”

At least Hamilton deserves it. It’s the worst when shows get tons of love and leave you scratching your head. Hamilton is really top notch all around.

7. Liz says:

Sara Bareilles is so great!

8. RachelC says:

For the first time ever, I think I’ll watch the Tonys this weekend.

9. JScout says:

Hamilton. I have not stopped listening to the cast album since I got it.

10. She Loves Me, Shuffle Along, Waitress, Bright Star!

11. Tom says:

This looks like a solid list of performances. Might watch this year’s live.

12. Sue says:

All the performances should be great, and James is gonna SLAY.

13. Anna says:

Obviously I’m pumped for a Hamilton performance, but I’m really really excited for Spring Awakening as well! I saw the show this past winter, and it was easily one of the freshest, most intriguing takes on musical I’ve seen in a very long time. It was incredible how they weaved ASL and Deaf history into the show without actually changing the show itself, but rather pushing the audiences to see the similarities between the two sets of history they were telling. So good!

14. ninergrl6 says:

So excited for all of these! Really happy that Spring Awakening will perform. I’m hoping the Hamilton performance is not the opening song (since they did that on the Grammys) but rather The Room Where It Happened (the best number in the show IMO) or Satisfied (not sure how they’d stage it without the regular turntable set).

15. Dory Shea says:

I can’t wait for Spring Awakening not only for the ASL but first person in a wheelchair on Broadway and female too. So as Matthew Morrison said in the show tonight woman are really breaking barriers tonight.