Sara Haines in Talks to Join the View

Report: The View Eyes GMA Weekend's Sara Haines to Replace Michelle Collins

Sara Haines may be saying “good morning” a little later come fall.

The View is in talks with the Good Morning America: Weekend Edition lifestyle anchor about the idea of becoming a permanent co-host, our sister site Variety reports.

Certainly, she has the experience to replace comedian Michelle Collins, who is leaving the ABC talk show after only a year: Haines has guest-hosted The View more than 30 times in the last couple of years. Plus, prior to joining ABC News in 2013, she spent almost 10 years at Today, working as a contributing correspondent for the show’s fourth hour with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb.

“We’re lucky to have terrific and talented guest co-hosts fill in at the table, and we include Sara Haines on that list,” a network rep told Variety. “When we are ready to make an announcement about next season, we will.”

Whoopi Goldberg (who is currently negotiating to re-sign her contract), Joy Behar and Good Morning America alumna Paula Faris are expected to continue with The View in Season 20. The jury is still out regarding Raven Symone and Candace Cameron-Bure.

What do you think? Would Haines make a good addition to the panel? Or do you have a better suggestion? Hit the comments.

1. I Miss OLTL says:

Truly WHO cares??!!

• Dennis says:

LMAO best comment ever! 😂

• readenreply says:

The production staff who want to keep their jobs?

• jr. says:

Where’s Barbra Walters? Doesn’t she still control The View? I wonder if her opinion matters anymore?

• Norda says:

Ditch Raven and Candice too. Love Whoopi, dont mind Joy being back as much as I thought I wouldnt…..Paula is meh, but she knows what shes talking about…..will this new woman be too much like Paula? Glad Michelle is leaving…….any chance they can bring back Nichole?

2. Kevin K says:

That’s what I’m talking about.

3. JP says:

I’d be surpride if they keep Candace, she barely ever speaks. I think she is afraid to give her opinion on a lot of topics which I get because Im sure her opinions are…well you know…but If you’re not going to give your point of view why else would u want to be on the view. Im happy about Sara, she is really nice and smart.

4. Toni says:

This is what they get for cutting nicole wallace for actually having a brain. Hope it gets cancelled.

• Kevin K says:

Agree. The execs at ABC Daytime needs to wake up and do something.

• Ella Jasper says:

I was really hoping Whoopie wouldn’t come back. Still think they should try to bring the old crew back, when they really had different views. In those days, you could actually get real news.

5. DJ says:

I actually really like her so this is good news to me!

6. She’s beautiful so I’m all for it

7. David4 says:

Using the word ‘permanent’ when it comes to The View is laughable.

• Greg says:

While i appreciate that they least have a pool of frequent spot fillers, it is kind of nuts that the cast of the show is basically never all there at once. They disappear randomly for days or weeks.

• big cheddar says:

Ha! Yeah, I think “permanent” on this show,means you’re actually in the intro. It definitely doesn’t men you’ll be sitting at the table every day.

8. Greg says:

I actually like her, Michelle was better but Sara is wayyyy better than Sunny.

9. LABete says:

I love Sara and hope this happens! She is smart, articulate, positive, and relatable.

10. JEF says:

Sara would be fine. Raven has to go for talking too much with little to say and Paula is boring as hell.

• Rob says:

Paula is more than boring. She claims to be a journalist, but knows nothing about the world around her. She’s not trustworthy when it comes to “news.”

11. Rob says:

Sara Haines is great and brings a great energy to the show. She should replace Paula instead who is an insufferable, unknowledgeable, and untalented hack. She must be fired immediately.

12. Lisa Potter says:

I would love to see Sara on the show everyday but Paula needs to go. I love Whoopi, Joy, I even like hearing Raven’s comments from the younger view. Whoever is running the show now needs to go back to the way Barbara and Bill did it because they are making ABC seem cheap and only cares about commercials, view your deal is ridiculous now because you only give the audience the cheapest unneeded item,someone there need to get their act together!!!

13. Eva Leisups says:

Sarah is level-headed and genuinely a nice person … if you are looking for “pzazz” you won’t get it from Sarah …. Raven is the one with “pzazz’ …. Actually, Candace, adds a bit of “pzazz” too but in a Christian way …..

14. shkamidit says:

I enjoy Sarah, but Michelle is not the one to cut. She is hysterical and often times is the reason I tune in, to see if they actually let her on. Whoopi and Raven bring the quality down so much. I also love Candace, and Paula is just meh.

15. Another Libertard on the sinking ship of lost ideas.

16. :-) says:

I like Sarah more and more each week. I do prefer her to Paula. She gives facts and perspective not just things to push her agenda. The show is missing the Barbara Walters apsect. They need someone that will give facts and perspective. Often times we don’t know what the real story is because everyone wants to talk before Whoopi can get the words out. If you haven’t heard the story before the show you have no idea what they are talking about. Whoopi kept the conversation moving. Barbara made it understandable. As it goes now they comment on things they don’t have the facts on

• :-) says:

Is it too late to get Cristela Alonzo? Whoopi Goldberg, Cristela Alonzo, Sara Hains,Sunny Hostin Jedidiah and Deborah Roberts or soladad O’Brian would be my dream panel

17. Dollycas says:

I like Michelle Collins and THE VIEW has treated her terribly!! If you hire 6 co-hosts there should be a fair rotation giving each a day off and stop with all the extra co-hosts. This show just continues going downhill due to poor management.

• Ellen Mills says:

I think it is awful that they chose Michelle as a “permanent co-host ” but then limited her to hardly any appearances. What if everyone who had a job was told not to come in that someone else was taking their place at the table. Never had a chance to say goodbye, her being let go was never acknowledged. So unprofessional. Sad that Joy or Whoopie didn’t stand up for her.

18. Michele C says:

I am so done with show. I think the decision makers no nothing as we have seen. The Panel should be Whoopi, Joy Behar, Sara Haines, Michelle Collins, and Nicole Wallace. I am tired of the revolving hosts every year. Come on, I could run that show better!

19. They need to kill the show.

20. Penny chicoine says:

Your show desperately needs a strong conservative..you would draw a whole lot more people …

21. Penny chicoine says:

Paula is the only one I can relate to and she is extremely fair and knowledgeable. .she is the reason I watch..Sonny can go!

22. Valerie Ray says:

Sarah Haines would be a good replacement. She is very thoughtful and smart. Both Paula Ferris and Candace Cameron need to go. Both Ferris and Cameron don’t understand the importance of keeping church and state separate. They would be happy if Christianity controlled our government and this goes against the 1st amendment to the Constitution. Freedom of religion was very important to our founders. They left England because of religious persecution and would not accept the constitution without amending it to protect basic rights, region being one of them. The Constitution was written in 1787, but was not ratified until 1788 with the promise that the Bill of Rights would be added. The Bill of Rights Re 1st 10 Amenments came into effect in 1791. They had lived through the dangers of intertwining religion and Government and were determined at all cost to protect religious freedom and thus it became part of the first Amendment.

23. Valerie Ray says:

I’m sorry, but I can barely take Raven. It’s always, “I heard”. She needs to read and educate herself. Thank goodness for Whoopie, who is well read, smart and is the voice of reason whenshe has to be. She stays out of the fray and allows the conversation to flow until some one says something that is not factual or when everyone has given their point of view, if she feels strongly she will comment. Love her and Joy too. Again, Joy is very smart and is aware of facts. She gives her opinion based on knowledge. Barbara was knowledgable and the voice of reason. Since she is no longer there you need Joy, Whoopi, and Sarah.

Michelle’s jokes were not funny and often inserted at inappropriate times and I could never understand what she was saying. She speaks so fast that she inarticulate.

24. Genna says:

Whoopi, the loud mouth needs to go! When Whoopi isn’t there it’s a really good show because it’s just pretty and classy and calm women who are smart!!!!!! When Whoopi is there all you can hear is her awful raspy voice making little sense….. Raven needs to go she talks nonsense!!! Send Whoopi and Raven to The Real!!!! Lol… I like Sonny H… Sonny is incredibly smart….

25. Sandra Diamond says:

I have enjoyed Sara Haines on The Today show and on GMA. She is out going, warm and couple that with her intelligence and she is “finally” someone that complements the personality of Joy Behat and Whoopi Goldberg. She holds her own in any topic with courtesy and insight. Please, please make her a permanent seat on the panel,

26. Katyanna says:

I love to watch Sara Haines, a day without her on TV is like a day without sunshine. She brings so much to the table, smarts, thoughtful opinions, that great smile that could put any grouch in a better disposition and just the right balance for the show. She did great work on her previous gig at the Today show, some funny and also some very touching reports… I really think she’s a gem. I’m from Canada but I watch Good Morning America because she’s on it. I really hope she gets a permanent spot on The View, which is exactly what I hoped when she left the Today Show.

27. christy says:

Keep Sara on the view. I really like her. Get rid of Raven dont like. Never did. Never will.

28. Paula Nolin says:

I think that both Sara Haines and sunny hostin would add greatly the view replacing raven, Michelle AND Candace Cameron bure

29. Tara Schmidt says:

I love the idea of Sara Haines joining the panel! She’s great, and fits in with the other ladies so well. She would be a bright and funny addition for sure! Sunny Hostin would be an excellent replacement for Paula Faris as well. Her legal expertise would be very valuable at the table. Paula tries so hard to be funny and misses the mark constantly. The rest of the ladies, Whoopi, Joy, and Raven with these two new additions would make for an absolutely phenomenal show that I’d make sure to never miss!!

30. Ellen says:

I think Sara Haines and Sunny Houston really add to the show. I’d like to see them as regular co hosts

31. Karen Congedo says:

I love Sara Haines on ABC News and I would be disappointed if she leaves. I don’t watch the view that often. If it’s for her benifit I’m all for it . She has a great personality and always has a smile on her face. I would probably watch just to see Sara sometimes.

32. Jill SCHULMAN says:

Love Sara as well as Sonny and Jedadiah – can’t stand Raven Simone, she’s gotta go!

33. George Jameson says:

Excellent addition….I will watch daily instead of 1x a week. Good job!!

34. J stanford says:

Happy about Sarah love her. Bure can go for sure to much in love with herself

35. So annoyed w/ ABC changes// don’t watch GMA week days only week ends, now Sarah’s leaving /// Why, because The View can’t get their Sh together // even out the black an white I get it // if your ratings drop its your own fault, I’m terrified the View will ruin Sarah’s fantastic personality, seems they are all opinionated one way or another!!!! Just saying 😞😞

36. Karen says:

Candace in, Raven out. Things are bad enough in this world, ABC “THE VIEW” needs a cleansing n the LORD has placed Candace there for a reason