Castle Ratings Stana Katic Fired

Grey's New Romance, Beckett's Bike, First Axed Show, Virgin Sex and 26 More Fall TV Predictions: Which Came True?

More than eight months ago, as the 2015-16 TV season was just emerging from its primordial ooze, the TVLine staff threw caution to the wind and proffered our predictions for no fewer that 30 different shows.

All told, we made our best educated guesses about The Widow Meredith Grey’s love life, an improbable Once Upon a Time return, Jane‘s (stalwart!) virginity, Arrow‘s island romance (LOL), Supernatural‘s BDW, the first freshman to earn a Season 2, this year’s post-Super Bowl champ, sexy times in Sleepy Hollow and more.

Where did we outright nail it, where did we come up a bit short, and in what instances were we just plain wrong?) Spoiler alert: Last time around, we had a 26 percent success rate. This year: A clairvoyant-y 30 percent.

In the slideshow on the right (or click here for direct access), we present our original predictions exactly as they were published in late-September 2015, accompanied by each outcome.

1. Why is DiNozzo in the main slideshow picture but not in the actual results?

2. Guest says:

Love Meredith and Riggs. I was shaking my head so badly at those who thought something would happen between her and Alex who’s like her brother. Do people not pay attention at all when they watch this show? Besides Riggs is the only one who doesn’t coddle Meredith which makes her more likeable again.

• Velloso21 says:

Thank you! I really don’t get the Mer/Alex shippers. They are such good friends, why ruin it like they did with Izzy and George.

3. Sarah says:

iZombie – Peyton isn’t Liv’s sister !

4. Steven says:

I thought it was predicted Alana De La Garza would join Criminal Minds, when she in fact joined the spin off. Or am I remembering that wrong?

• Nero tTVFiddler says:

I think (and I may be remembering this incorrectly as well) I recall Alana De la Garza was to join CBS’ ‘Scorpion’ for an extended arc in first half of 2015-16 season, and then start off on Criminal Minds:BB in the spring season. I believe that is what indeed took place, and even better, CM:BB was renewed for fall’16! More Alana! :) Happiness is…

5. MMD says:

I have to state upfront that I didn’t watch 80% of the shows mentioned however,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The commentary that you put on your outcomes made me absolutely roar, like truly laugh out loud and it takes a lot to do that. That’s why I just love this site sooooooooo much!!!!

6. Kate says:

I think you should give yourself some partial or at least incomplete on Brooklyn Nine Nine because who knows what would have happened if the actress hadn’t gotten pregnant. Now, it wouldn’t make sense because of the way they had to play it with the actress, they actually made them be one of the most stable and believable relationships on tv.

7. AnnieM says:

re: Grimm – yes, you called a death – Meisner, but you should get partial credit for the ‘life changing’ event that is NeanderWu – lol.

• mooshki says:

That was my first thought, but then I saw that they also said “as a result of Black Claw,” and his change had nothing to do with that. But I agree they should get partial credit for that as well. :)

8. ScottJ says:

Blood and Oil didn’t finish out its initial 13 episode order. It was cut back to 10 episodes, all of which aired.