THE VIEW MICHELLE COLLINS

The View Cuts Co-Host Michelle Collins

And another one bites the dust at The View.

Co-host Michelle Collins has been fired from the morning talker, our sister site Variety reports.

Collins went through a trial run on the program before becoming a permanent co-host last fall for Season 19. However, starting in January, her presence was reduced to one or two appearances a week. She is expected to stay with the show through the end of the summer.

“Michelle is smart, opinionated and funny,” an ABC spokesperson told Variety. “She’s been a great addition to the panel this year. When we are ready to make an announcement about next season, we will.”

Despite the frequent co-host turnover at the gabfest, The View was renewed for Season 20 back in February.

1. EJ says:

I realize this is highly unlikely but I’d love it if Rosie O’Donnell could come back for just September, October and November so she could pummel Trump in the run-up to you-know-what.

2. Sophie says:

The View has lost it’s mind. Michelle Collins is the best person on this show. If I have to tolerate Jebediah another show I will totally stop watching.

• Mariana Trench says:

Totally agree, especially regarding Jebediah. She is just awful!

• Whoopi's shrink says:

The producers must be smoking Whoopi’s dope because they’re all morons. If any two women need to be dumped, it’s 1) the most uninformed and 2) the biggest racist on the planet — Raven & Whoopi. Plus, the Whoopi ass kissing done by the other hosts is so apparent that it’s disgusting! If someone says anything anti drugs, anti abortion, anti teenage pregnancy, anti Al Sharpton, or anti the ‘black lives matter’ thugs – she shuts um down, gets defensive and doesn’t let them talk. She’s the most biased and ignorant person on TV. Raven, bye bye. Whoopi, bye be. Better yet, cancel the entire piece of crap.

• Simon says:

Keep your racist right wing ignorant thoughts off this website please. I think you were looking for FoxNews. By the way even though I won’t get baited into your stupidity, Whoopi is the least racist person on TV.

• I agree with you. Whoopi has a brain. It’s the BIGOT Bure that should go,stat!

• NJMark says:

What’s it like to be a walking cliche?

• Am says:

what are you smoking. Whoopi is a racist! Very anti white. Very liberal. I don’t know how the show stays on the air. i guess can’t stand the liberalism. Sad what our world has come to. Whoopi is hurting our country and so does Rosie. Also, if you think Hillary is the way to go for President, I feel sorry for you and for America. Go see Hillary’s America.

• Lala says:

This whole “she’s intolerant to my intolerance” point is stupid & does not fly!….Whoopi shuts down the racists & the intolerant.

• Mike says:

Sorry, Whoopi is as biased as Trump. As long as a co-host thinks like her, she’s great with them. The second any co-host says anything remotely different than her own opinion, she shuts them up. Her ego is almost as big as her hate for European Americans. Just sayin.

Cancel the damn show. It’s a network hour gone to waste. .

• TV Gord says:

She couldn’t hate “European Americans” that much, if you’ve done the slightest research on who she’s been linked with in relationships over the years.

3. Foxytri says:

That is a mistake! Well at least I know not to bother tuning in to The View to see if she on everyday. I hope another show snaps her up.

4. Max says:

Time to put a fork in it.

5. DJ says:

Kinda figured since she’s only been on like once a month. I always found her very charming. Hopefully they replace her with Sarah Haines.

• Kevin K says:

I was thinking the exact same thing about Sara Haines and if it does, she’ll be teaming up with her GMA weekend cohort Paula Faris.

6. TV Gord says:

What the entire hell!?!? She’s great on the show! Funny, a breath of fresh air. Sure, audiences frequently couldn’t tell when she was joking and when she was being serious, but that’s not her fault. Fire the idiot studio audiences!

7. Tj says:

They still should have hired Ally Wentworth. I would love to see Ricky Lake as well.

8. Ted Witek says:

Who watches this crap show?

• PatriciaLee says:

My husband, believe it or not. I walk through the room, and there he’s riveted to Osborne’s words, laughing away. Eee Gad, I remember when it started, and never became a fan. I thought that was yesterday, not 20 years ago. Anyway, he’s hooked, so I guess their format is still working.

• Dysturbed says:

It sounds like your husband watches The Talk, not The View since that’s what Sharon Osbourne is on. That also explains why you think it is so new, as the Talk debuted in 2010 :)

• Lysh says:

This is The View. Sharon Osbourne is on The Talk.

• PatriciaLee says:

Hah, sheez, thanks and glad to know not so much time passed, and I never noticed…haha

9. Curtis L says:

Yeah, you get rid of the last bit of talent on that panel. Great job. I was this close to changing the channel on this once-proud show. You just made it easier. Well done ABC.

• Max says:

You obviously don’t watch regularly because Collins is on maybe twice a month

• lu says:

I agree. I enjoyed Michelle Collins. They should get rid of Whoopi and Joy. They have been my favorite for years, but they are so annoying with their political views that they turned me off completely.

10. Aj says:

Should have been the awful Raven.

11. Lysh says:

I rarely watch this show but I always thought she was funny and relatable.

12. Max says:

No surprise. She’s never there & didn’t work on the show. I’ve been looking for her face on milk cartons

13. Kevin K says:

Wasn’t very happy about what went down last year when they dumped Nicolle Wallace. Have a feeling Michelle Collins is one of the worst co-host I’ve ever seen on The View and I hope Sara Haines is destined to become a great replacement for her.

• Ella Jasper says:

I agree, and I don’t care for Raven either. Sara will need to speak up though and not let them tone down her views. Poor Nicolle never had a chance, not tough enough. But I loved her views.

• maggie says:

I really liked Nicolle Wallace. I don’t share her Republican political views, but enjoyed listening to someone intelligent who could make an articulate case for her views. (Unlike Elisabeth Hasselbeck)

Wallace’s background working in politics and campaigns would be perfect for the show this election year, but they foolishly let her go.

14. big cheddar says:

That’s too bad. I know she had a few missteps at the beginning (the comment she made that peeved off nurses, for example), but I thought she was doing better and was very funny. What I really want to know about is what’s the deal with Joy and Paula. Has anyone noticed how rude Joy has been to Paula lately?

15. Mark says:

That’s a shame. I really enjoy her. They better not replace her with Sunny Hostin. She is a complete idiot. I watch everyday and cringe when she’s on.

16. I am not shocked that Michelle Collins got the axes since her appearance from 5 days to two days a week.I can’t wait to learn who will replace her in the fall.

• I am sorry that Michelle Collins won’t be around for the 20th season. I still wanted to know who will replace her in the fall lineup. The ladies manage to work together despite what the hater claim. I can’t wait to see how the Views will tell the press for the reason why she won’t return.

17. arial2 says:

Michelle Collins brings a lot of laughs. First, Niclole Wallace, now this? Yet Candice Cameron Bure stays? It’s not age, but attitude and ability to provide entertainment that matters.

• maggie says:

Candace Cameron Bure makes Jenny McCarthy seem like a genius. They need to stop hiring people in show biz. Hire interesting women from different walks in life.

18. evelyn says:

IMHO, there are too many hostesses on The View. They talk over each other & you can’t understand what they are saying half the time… and that’s why I stopped watching it.

19. Jay says:

They should bring Nicole Wallace back for the election. Would love to hear an insider’s view of what must be going on behind the scenes

• Tim Weeden says:

You should tune into the Today show then. She’s one of their political analysts. She’s on almost daily and if most often spot on in her assessments.

• misery chick says:

Thanks so much for the heads up! Will def look for Nichole on the Today show!

• maggie says:

She’s also on MSNBC a lot. Whenever they have primary coverage, you can see her all throughout the night on MSNBC. She’s also often on Morning Joe, but then you have to suffer listening to Joe Scarborough.

20. Rob says:

They need to get rid of that God-Awful Paula Faris. Whoopi clearly hates her and now Joy’s joining in on the fun. She is uneducated, inarticulate, and overall horribly misplaced on this show. Replace her with Sara Haines ASAP and get this ship moving in the right direction.

21. Karen119 says:

I’m a little confused. If this woman was fired why is she going to stay on The View through the summer? Doesn’t fired mean here’s your hat, what’s your hurry? Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on your way out?

• It sounds like ABC/The Views didn’t want to buy out her contract and I wouldn’t be shocked that she tape a lot of segment that wasn’t aired. I remember during the month of August that the show the best of the segment from the current season.

• maggie says:

It sounds like she had a contract for a specific amount of time, and they aren’t renewing the contract when the time is up. So she still has to work to finish her contract.

22. I love Michelle so much. I actually got re-interested in the show when they hired her. They are idiots for letting her go.

23. Laura Markl says:

I do not get why ABC is keeping THE VIEW on the air. I tried watching it again this season mainly because of Candice Cameron Bure, but I just refuse to watch people that have a problem with Christains. It is time to cancel it. Move on and cut your loses. They are rude and they have no respect for others views. It is a one sided show.

• misery chick says:

I don’t have any problems with Christians; I do, however have a problem with anyone who is closed-minded, arrogant and loves to hear themselves talk. Thinking of Elisabeth H and CCB 😒 Although CCB.HAS lightened up on her views, I think she’s just doing that to stay on the show 😒

• misery chick says:

Oh, and most definitely Paula Faris-blergh.

Yeah, I do realize that above description does apply to Whoopi and sometimes Joy, but they don’t try to hold themselves up to being a morally superior person amd/or Christian (not one and the same!).

24. Ella Jasper says:

Cancel the show. Or rename it The Liberal View. I think it is time for Raven and Whoopie to go.

• TV Gord says:

They’ve done a good job of trying to get less liberal voices on the show over the years, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. I do find it interesting that so many commenters don’t seem to know how to even spell the names of the co-hosts. That says a lot to me.

25. Tim Weeden says:

I think it became apparent earlier this year when ABC hired Sunny Holston away from CNN that she was going to eventually replace Michelle and or Raven. I see them letting both of them go and replacing them with Sunny and Sarah Haines and then using Candace as a fill in host on the days that one of those ladies are out. I think the writing was on the wall for this show back last year when it was taken away from the entertainment division and given over to the news division. Next season will be it’s 20th anniversary and it will stick around that long out of respect to Barbara Walters and her legacy at ABC. After that I see the show ending and that hour being folded into GMA as a late morning extension focused on lighter topics of interest to stay at home female viewers much like the final Today hour hosted by Hoda and Kathie Lee.

26. TV Gord says:

I always get a kick out of how many knuckle-dragging commenters thing co-hosts are idiots of morons because they merely disagree with your “view”. You DO realize that it makes you look like the idiots and morons, don’t you? I would hate to think that irony was lost on you, especially since the whole point of the show is to have varying views.

• maggie says:

I disagreed with Nicole Wallace frequently, but respected the fact that she could make an informed and articulate case for her views. It’s people who repeat political talking points, memes, or rumors, and cannot support their views with facts, that are the problem. I would love to see The View have a group of knowledgeable, articulate women of varying views. That’s actually the way the show started, but hasn’t been that way for a long time.

27. Paul Ketz says:

I find this news understandable though I was so hoping Raven-Symone was the one to go. She adds nothing of importance to any of the discussions and often lacks basic language skills to articulate her positions. I am hoping they add Sunny Hustin as a regular co-host. She adds so much to the discussion. I disagree with the comments below – I also like Jedediah Bila. I think the show needs intelligent, provocative conservative opinions represented. I think Jedediah does it far better than Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Sheri Shepherd or Paula Faris ever do.

28. Alan Jones says:

The one that should be fired is that IDIOT Raven.

29. Helen Mason says:

The guests do not get a chance to speak..This is so rude..Especially the political candidates. .Let them talk….

30. I should have known that Michelle Collins wasn’t around on the Views when she appears went from appearance when she appears went from Monday-Friday to a fewer appear. I can’t wait to learn who will replace her in fall 2016.

31. Sandra Hunter says:

I loved Michele on the View and would like to have her back. Not fond of Jedidiah or Cameron whatever