Fall TV Preview
Fall TV Poll Popularity

Fall TV Poll: Which New Shows Are You Most Looking Forward To?

The Fall TV season may be a long 15 weeks away, but frankly it is never too soon to gauge your interest in the many shiny and new (or new-ish) shows heading to your TV screen.

Already, TVLine has handed you the tools to see What’s New for the fall (including full descriptions and cast lists) as well as take stock of What’s On When, and Versus What (handily listing the day, time and competition for every broadcast series). We’ve also shared with you the trailers for all the new shows on ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW.

Review that bounty of Fall Preview assets, then cast your vote for the FOUR new dramas and TWO freshman comedies that you are most anxious to start watching — even before TVLine’s First Impression series and, later, full reviews start filling your eyeholes. Or, just make hard-and-fast judgements based on the painfully succinct synopsis listed alongside each poll option. It’s that simple.

Fun fact: Last year, Supergirl, Quantico and Blindspot led the dramas poll, while Scream Queens was the most anticipated new comedy.

1. George H. says:

To be honest, not looking forward to any of them, especially the “remakes”.

2. AJ says:

Very underwhelming group of shows coming this fall

3. Kevin K says:

The only NEW show I’m really looking forward to coming this Fall – TIMELESS

• Ben says:

I agree. I ended up managing to tick three, but the other two were only ‘maybe I’ll check them out, if I can be bothered’.

4. Big Mike says:

And they cancelled Limitless and Person of Interest for this slate of crap.

• Murica! says:

Indeed. Both those shows were amazing. None of these new shows look interesting.

• PatriciaLee says:

I’m starting to wonder if the just want people to buy the pay stuff, so they whack good broadcasts stuff.

• Maria says:

Probably.
          ButI refuse to pay for anything beyond basic cable. Not because I can’t…but because I simply won’t. Guess I’ll have plenty of time to catch up on my reading this fall!!

• Moonlight4ever says:

1. Person of Interest never should have been cancelled. Best ORIGINAL
      writing on television.

2. Will watch Keifer Sutherland new show for sure. Will never tune in to 24 revival as it will NOT have Keifer so what is the point!

3. Lethal Weapon! There will never be a duo that can replace Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. Another pointless remake.

4. Frequency: Intrigued by this show as I loved the movie. Now that Jim Cavizel is no longer working on Person of Interest maybe they can cast him on the show.

• Ben says:

As a big POI fan, we need to get over its cancellation – it got to have an ending and its ending is going to be great! That’s what I want in a show. It got 5 good years… one or two more might have been nice, but not genuinely necessary. It’s run was perfection, and it can never be spoiled – it will always be remembered as a great show. Let’s be happy about that.

• Hannah says:

Omg I was thinking the same thing. There 1 show in the dramas that sounds remotely interesting to me. I’m still heartbroken about Limitless. Really dumb move by the network.

5. Bwhit says:

Timeless, This is us and Notorious are the only shows I’m trying. I am more excited for midseason because, Prison Break ;)

6. Jane says:

I’m not interested in any of these. That is just sad.

• Lyn says:

I know, right? I’m still not over them canceling Forever, Stalker and way back Human Target. I look back at shows like M*A*S*H and wonder where all the creativity has gone. Are there no more imaginative writers anymore? Nearly everything on TV now is vulgar, low brow and/or repetitive. Seriously who watches Two Broke Girls or Real Housewives?

• Tinnie says:

Two Broke Girls was a descent 30 min comedy back when it started. The last 2 seasons have been downhill but that seems to happen with every show. I agree Real Housewives is crap, there are way to many carppy reality tv shows on the air. They should cancel all the housewives, big brother, mom’s a medium, etc.

7. darkangel200 says:

Bull all the way. The comedies look very disappointing. I was looking forward to a few of them until the promo vids.

8. Elissa says:

Very excited about A Good Place and I’ll try out Designated Survivor as well.

9. Lauren says:

Isn’t there a comedy called Powerless? I’m planning on giving that one a shot. The only comedy I selected on this list is the Great Indoors.

10. ‘Bull’ for sure. An original-ish concept. Not into remakes. Why mess with something that was great? ‘Designated Survivor’ sounds good too. Micheal Weatherly and Keifer Sutherland are big draws for me.

11. Ram510 says:

What a poor slate. If I had to choose, I guess Designated Survivor and American Housewife. Maybe Great Indoors just for Joel McHale

12. Aisha says:

I hadn’t realised just how little selection their is this year. I guess my university workload will thank me, at least.
    Only really really looking forward to Pitch, This is Us and Conviction for dramas. And Lethal Weapon bc I loved My Wife and Kids but it will probably be the first I drop.
    For comedies only The Good Place but I’m hoping American Housewife will be a hidden gem like Trophy Wife, even though that only means it will get cancelled

13. Mimi says:

Designated Survivor might have promise. The rest? Especially CBS’s pathetic lineup (and they cancelled Limitless–SMDH) are a pass.

14. tallsy says:

Designated Survivor. I will try This is Us. In midseason, Time After Time.

15. Mary says:

Well one show I was sort of interested in won’t be on until mid-season, and that’s ABC’s time travel show.

16. Original formula is the best says:

Timeless is about it for me. How about doing a “show you are the LEAST interested in”, so I can vote for MacGyver. TOTALLY unnecessary

17. I’m more interested in seeing which one gets cancelled first. Any Favorites in this category. Betting it will be an ABC Show

18. Ally Oop says:

Worst new shows: Kevin Can Wait & Notorious

Best new shows: Designated Survivor & A Good Place

• Ally Oop says:

Frequency, No Tomorrow, American Housewife, Pure Genius, This is Us, Timeless and Man with a Plan are other shows I’ll check out. That makes 9 new American network shows–I tried to give myself a list of 10 but everything else looked like crap. As for new Canadian network shows in the fall, I have Shoot the Messenger, This is High School and Kim’s Convenience marked down. That means 12 new fall network shows for me.

19. BrightLight says:

How horrible is it that it took me 5 minutes to pick 4 drama shows?

20. JC1 says:

Only Frequency for me, and maybe Timeless. Haven’t decided yet on that one.

21. Goldenvibefan says:

Frequency for Peyton List, and Timeless cause it looks interesting.

22. Drama: This is Us, Pitch
    Comedy: Speechless, The Good Place

23. J says:

That comedy list looks pretty pitiful..

24. Amy says:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn. This is what we lost Agent Carter for?

25. c-mo says:

NONE!!!!

26. MMD says:

Matt, how about a none of the above choice?

27. lizWebberFan says:

Designated Survivor and Kevin Can Wait are the two new series I’m most looking forward to this Fall.

28. Belle says:

I am very sad that a few decent shows were canned in favor of some of the duds coming this fall :( Another hindsight is 20/20 for “the powers that be” will they ever learn???? I mean we all realize it, what drives them to ditch middle of the road shows with decent viewer numbers to try more and more remakes???!! Those rarely catch on. Depressed, big time!!!

29. jr. says:

None of them sound any good!

30. Suzanne says:

Nada. Not interested in any and won’t be watching any of them.

31. Danielle says:

There isn’t a single show that looks like a promising way to spend an evening this upcoming season. The dramas may have a better shot at making something of themselves and getting renewed, but none that fit my tastes when it comes to watchable tv. The comedies are just a total waste. Executives picking these have really catered to the base level intelligence of the public when making their picks. And what happened to decent ideas and writing… oh wait… you have to pay extra for that on premium cable and Netflix.

32. Eva says:

Designated Survivor. The Great Indoors looks fine. Yeah, I guess this will be the year I finally become a productive adult.

33. Rob Horine says:

Where was “powerless” on NBC?

34. Sarah96 says:

Dramas(off the list): Designated Survivor; Bull; This is us and Timeless

Comedy: A Good Place and Son of Zorn( which after I saw the trailer it convinced me to give it a try)

35. Ray says:

Honestly, none of this fall’s offerings look remarkable. I’m more excited for midseason thanks to Emerald City and Midnight, Texas on NBC.

36. Eric says:

Hoping that This Is Us will fill the hole that Parenthood left in my heart. The Exorcist looks pretty good too. But other than those… May try out Conviction, Timeless, Pitch and Lethal Weapon, but not really looking forward to them.

37. Linda F says:

Agent Carter! Oh, wait… Nope, not a single show I’m interested in watching.

38. Timeless, This Is Us, Designated Survivor, and Conviction

39. Kate Tibbs says:

Bull
    Designated Survivor
    Timeless
    The ‘comedies’ are all pretty much meh.

40. 3 Shows….that’s it. How low has Television sunk?

41. truecat says:

None of the new shows looking good . I will NOT WATCH any shows on ABC. The network cancel just about every show that I watched .

42. ginny says:

The only one I might give a try is “BuLL”. The rest are just a bunch of snoozers for me.Have no interest whatsoever

43. Josh says:

Frequency, Desginated Survivor, Conviction are my top 3. Ill also check out Lethal Weapon, Exorcist and Macgyyver

44. Crc says:

Where’s The Blacklist: Redemption???? Can’t wait to see that!!!! Love Tom Keen :)

• Oh, I forgot to mention The Blacklist: Redemption in my previous post! I’m definitely looking forward to that show. :) I guess the three new shows (Riverdale, Chicago Justice and The Blacklist: Redemption) that I’m looking forward to the most next season are all mid-season replacements.

45. ScottJ says:

Looks like I’ll finally get the chance to watch some shows from the last few years that I started on and never finished.

I will give TIMELESS a one episode chance though. If it is indeed a blatant ripoff of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW that will be all it gets.

46. I would have voted for Riverdale and Chicago Law, but they weren’t included in the poll since those shows are mid-season replacements for the CW and NBC. Other than that, I’m not interested enough in any of the new shows that are included in this poll for me to actually vote for them. Given how much I love to watch TV, I’m honestly really surprised that I’m only truly interested in two new shows next season.

47. None really.I haven’t been excited about new shows since Reign,Originals were ordered to serires though I was semi curious /Intersted in JTV last season and I’ll try the pilots if No Tomorrow & Riverdale

48. IRON WILL says:

Highly disappointed so many great shows-to-be are left for mid-season. Riverdale, Powerless, Emerald City, Taken, and ABC’s time-travel drama among others NOT getting fall slate is VERY bad planning on the networks’ part…

Meanwhile, ‘This Is Us’ puts me on suicide watch (gag!!!)…

49. Tad says:

That sinking feeling you get when the smart new show is at the bottom of the poll, “it’s gonna be a short run”