Outlander Renewed Season 3 4

Outlander Renewed for Seasons 3 and 4

Time to put Voyager and Drums of Autumn in your Amazon cart: Starz has booked two more seasons of Outlander.

The cabler announced Wednesday that it has renewed the sweeping, time-tripping drama for Seasons 3 and 4.  The news comes eight episodes into Outlander‘s current second season.

Season 3 will be based on Diana Gabaldon’s third of eight books in the Outlander series, Voyager, while Season 4 will be based on the fourth book in the series, Drums of Autumn.

In a statement, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht said, “Outlander is like nothing seen before on television. From its depiction of a truly powerful female lead character, to the devastating decimation of the Highlander way of life, to what is a rarely seen genuine and timeless love story, it is a show that not only transports the viewer, but inspires the passion and admiration of its fans. On this 25th anniversary of the publication of the first book in the U.S., we are thrilled and honored to be able to continue the story that began with author Diana Gabaldon, and is brought to life by the incredibly talented Ronald D. Moore. There are no better storytellers for Outlander than this team, both in front and behind the camera.”

1. Jon88 says:

Great news! And it gives the folks at Starz a good long time to figure out how to avoid cutting off the end of an episode before it’s through in order to run the promo for the next one, as they did this week.

• Jamie says:

That was awful! And I can’t even blame my DVR like usual.

• drhenning says:

I never watch it on Starz itself since the On Demand version has a short add-on about the making of the episode… You don’t run into anything of have DVR issues. Plus I typically watch it early in the day on Saturday ( and I guess next year Sunday) since it’s released OD and Onlilne the morning of the first Starz itself showing.

2. CourtTV says:

With such great source material and treatment of it, I’m not surprised by the multi-year renewal.

3. Misti says:

Yaaaaayyyyy!!!! :D

4. Dietrich Buxtehude says:

One word: Hallelujah!

5. I Believe says:

I’M SO HAPPY!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

6. Mandy says:

Yes!!!! Thank you Starz as it means more time with Jamie and Claire, Bree & Roger. I wonder who they will cast as Lord John…

7. Winter says:

Awesome news!!! So is it confirmed that it’s both Voyager and Drums of Autumn they are doing? I think there was some talk of splitting Voyager across 2 seasons.

8. Viv says:

Yay!! Book 3 & 4 are my favorites!

9. holwoodfan says:

Great news! Print shop! Yay! Young Ian and Rollo! Yay! Fraser’s Ridge! Yay!

10. KT says:

Finally! Great news! I was getting afraid they’d make us wait 20 years between seasons 2 and 3…

11. Anne says:

Wonderful news, not surprising, but wonderful. They might as well lock them all in for the full 8 seasons necessary to tell the story.

12. piebokou says:

I personally was always pissed that Claire had to return to the 20th century, and stay with frank ” I know he loved her” but still he looks like identical to Jack and I just love to laothes Jack Randall. So I’m happy that Voyager and Drum of Autunm give us more of Jamie and Claire.

13. Debra Kaster says:

So excited to hear this, book 3 is awesome! :) :)

14. Diane says:

Great news! I just wish those great actors would be recognized for the amazing performances they deliver. I’ve read all the books several times and understand why some of the changes were made. I look forward to more seasons of the show!

15. Alice says:

So much more rape…

16. CherryofFakeABaby says:

Totally deserving, thank you! Dunno what to do with my life if it won’t be renewed! :)

17. Diana says:

Well said!! To the entire team of Outlander thank you for your hard work and dedication to bring these wonderful books to life and to Diana Gabaldon many many thanks for creating such beautiful characters and their love story. To Caitriona and Sam we are so blessed to have you as our Claire and Jamie. Thank you so much!!!!

18. Barbara Ryan says:

Thank you Starz. You really listened to the fans yelling more, more, we need more seasons. My subscription is good for the foreseeable future and worth every penny. I love Outlander!

19. Kailani says:

NO CLUE how they are going to pull off, visually, the ending to the 3rd book. Excited!

20. Doris says:

so glad to hear this. I love the series and the wonderful chemistry between Clare and Jaime

21. Diane Shiels says:

Congratulations STARZ for having the intelligence to back such a breakthrough story. It shows you respect your audience and trust your production team. Congratulations also to the amazing team Ronald D Moore has gathered to adapt Diana Gabaldon’s exceptional books and too the amazing acting of Caitriona Balfe , Sam Heughan, Tobias Menzies et al who have brought their characters to life.

22. Lea fullerton says:

Great news.

23. karil says:

So glad that you are continuing the series.. I love the books and the series really brings it to life.. I hope you continue with all the books..

24. Malissa R. says:

Hopefully, they will then get the award recognition they deserve. Yipee!

25. dman6015 says:

It would be safe to say they’ll get a Season 5 and 6 renewal, too, since they want to do one big book per season. Not sure about the 7th novel, but I’m sure Showtime will do it if ratings are good.

26. Jeanne Ney says:

I am thrilled!!! BUT ….. I am also old . What date do you anticipate the first epp of season 3 will be aired??? Congratulations to all involved !!

27. She’s not all that powerful. They’ve written her rather wimpy. But the series is amazing. I’m doing my happy dance for having books 3 and 4 coming. Now…FOLLOW THE BOOKS.

28. Alice podlaski says:

So glad outlander will continue. I hope all the books make it on starz!!

29. Gail Boggan says:

The absolute best news I have heard in a while. Great adaptation of Diana’s fabulous series.

30. Susan Kendzior says:

Hooray! Wisest TV decision in a long time… great books and fabulous show.

31. Debra says:

Thank you Starz! Outlander surpasses all other shows on every level. The acting,writing,sets,costumes,and cinematography are superb.

32. Barbara Erickson says:

Thrilled with The TV series Outlander, read all 8 books and the TV adaptation is excellent in every way. Excited that Outlander has been renewed for 2 more seasons!

33. It’s a very good show, sexy, entertaining, thrilling, intelligent, a real historical drama love story and had it not been played up in the beginning as a “time travel” series, it would have appealed to more people and won more awards in mainstream categories. I hope that even people who have not read the nine books forming the story’s theme, they will watch and become ardent fans It deserves more recognition. The acting is top notch. Watch an adult show, and give up some of the zombie and vampire shows. You will really like it.

34. Sandy Briggs says:

HOORAY ! ! ! ! !

35. Ursula S. says:

“Outlander” series is one of the Best shows I have watched in a long time. The acting, scenery, and conversions from the books is absolutely superb. Forgive me, but Caitriona and Sam remind me very much of the pairing of John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara on the screen and in real life. So convincing and real on screen but never romantically involved in real life. Just real and sincere friends and their careers thrived. I don’t know, call me old fashioned……….I am a true fan of Sam and Caitriona and their art.👍🏻❤️