Transparent Renewed for Season 4

Amazon has greenlit a fourth season of Transparent well ahead of its Season 3 premiere.

The Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning dramedy will continue with its original cast — including Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development), Judith Light (Dallas), Gaby Hoffmann (Girls), Amy Landecker (Louie) and Jay Duplass (Togetherness) — intact. Series creator Jill Soloway will also remain on board as showrunner.

“Amazon’s explosive freedom and revolutionary thinking has given birth to this show,” Soloway said in a statement. “It’s so much more than TV to us, it’s our version of the most ambitious streaming art we can conjure. We’re having the time of our lives sharing Season 2 for the awards season hoopla, and editing and finishing up Season 3 for a fall release. This news of an order for Season 4 is so so sweet. The Pfeffermans have many more stories to tell and we can’t wait to keep making them.”

Transparent ended its second season in December, while Season 3 is slated to bow next fall. The fourth season will premiere exclusively on Prime Video in 2017.

1. BennyBoo says:

I really enjoyed the friar season, but didn’t like season 2 at all. The children just seem like awful people.

• David4 says:

Just the children?

Look at the parents! Everyone on this show is a horrible human being that deserves to get smacked by a bus.

• BennyBoo says:

Lol I was trying to be gentle. But yes pretty must everyone on the show is a self centered ass hat.

• iloentje says:

Yes. I agree, but I find them really interesting to watch nonetheless :)

• Joey says:

I do wonder, however, if we’ll end up really liking the Pfeffermans again. Because I remember the Fishers of Six Feet Under, and how there were times we couldn’t stand them, and times we loved them (albeit I don’t think we thought they were all awful at the same time…). Simply making the comparison since Soloway wrote some of my favorite episodes of that show.

• Questioning says:

All I can say is that maybe we are supposed to dislike them.

Nonetheless, it is a character choice and it is people going through some of the toughest moments of their lives. Feeling like very literal outsiders and not knowing where to turn. They aren’t acting like characters. They are actin like humans. It’s very real. Very visceral. And while people don’t like real and visceral, they need to see it. To understand. That what I feel this show does.

2. Season 2 should have been called The L Word. Now for season 3 they are bringing Caitlin Jenner… sorry but I’ll skip it

3. What family is perfect? NONE. This is show is brutally honest which I love. Too many straight white attractive people trying to portray the perfect lives and the perfect family.. blah.. Very unrealistic and boring. Transparent is possibly the extreme but more believable in what is the average family today with all its dysfunction only it has the balls to be honest about it.