The Hills Anniversary Special

TVLine Items: LC Returns to The Hills, Dirk Gently Premiere Date and More

The hills are once again alive with the sounds of Natasha Bedingfield and drama.

Former The Hills star Lauren Conrad announced on Tuesday that she will participate in an anniversary special for the seminal reality series, airing Aug. 2 on MTV.

“We will be having an honest conversation about what it was really like living with cameras for so many years (spoiler alert: it was super weird), sharing some behind-the-scene secrets, and showing some of my life today,” Conrad added on her blog.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* The eight-part series Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, starring Elijah Wood (Wilfred) and based on the novels by Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy author Douglas Adams, will debut Oct. 22 on BBC America.

* Esquire Network has renewed Team Ninja Warrior for Season 2, which will feature the five-part special event, Team Ninja Warrior: College Edition, our sister site Variety reports.

1. steven says:

Because she has nothing else going on in her life.

2. peterwdawson says:

Didn’t realize The Hills was still a thing. Excited about Dirk Gently though (why I clicked on the article).

3. Lauren says:

I think The Hills is a very specific obsession for a very specific group. I am 29 and the Hills started when I was a sophomore in college. They were the exact same age as us and dating guys and having drama that people in their early 20s had. It was appointment viewing every week. And I actually respect Lauren Conrad a lot (not just because we have the same name). She obviously has some business savvy and I think she was smart to ride the wave of reality TV without sticking out to the bitter end of the series. Ugh, I loved it and I am totally down for a reunion special. I’m pretty sure all of my coolly girlfriends will be watching and we’ll be texting about it!

4. rinaex says:

I could never watch Laguna Beach, but god help me I watched every season of this mess. I can’t believe it’s been 10 years!

5. Alice says:

Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency is my favorite Douglas Adams book. But this new show is confusing. Who is Todd? Where is Richard MacDuff? And Miss Janice Pearce?

6. Dude says:

Laguna Beach was better.

7. LynnH says:

Yay Dirk Gently!

8. Marie says:

I really hope Esquire renews ‘Spotless’ & ‘Uncorked.’