Exclusive

Rizzoli & Isles Video: 'Wine Tasting and Waxing,' and More of the Best Banter

A recurring “crime” on TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles is the way its titular crimesolvers slay us with their bubbly, sometimes bawdy banter. And if you’re a superfan of how Jane and Maura interact, have we got the supercut for you.

To mark the June 7 DVD release date for Rizzoli & Isles: The Complete Sixth Season — which follows the series’ Season 7 premiere, on Monday, June 6 — TVLine has gotten its mitts on a video compiling some of the BFFs’ best back-and-forths from the penultimate cycle.

In addition to all 18 episodes, Rizzoli & Isles: The Complete Sixth Season features bonus content, including the featurette “From the Shadows: A Criminal Revealed.”

R&I‘s seventh and final season will run 13 total episodes, with series leads Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander stepping behind the camera to direct Episode 8 (aka Episode 100) and Episode 10, respectively.

Want scoop on Rizzoli & Isles, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Boiler says:

This show being cancelled is purely idiotic. TNT may as well close down for new dramas. Nothing they have added has even performed as well as Franklin and Bash much less Dallas and Perception. But wait Reilly in charge so guess it makes sense:(

• Jamey says:

Agreed! Will miss this show!

• NC says:

While I agree canceling this show sucks, it really didn’t perform that great. The best show that ever came from TNT was Leverage. That was the best show they ever had. Leverage is 1 of the shows I miss the most!

• johnhelvete says:

I dont think that is accurate. When Rizzoli premiered it was either the number 1 show on TNT or number 2 behind The Closer. The ratings were down a decent amount for season 6 compared to season 5, and I think TNT made the right decision to try to end the series on a high not instead of bleeding it try like the major networks would.

• Simon Jester says:

That’s simply not true. Rizzoli & Isles regularly figures in the Top 25 weekly cable series. (The last episode that aired came in at #23 for the week, which made it the #3 TNT show after only Major Crimes and the NCAA tournament.) The fact is the Rizzoli & Isles is a *consistently* good ratings performer… but I’m guessing TNT doesn’t want to continue to shell out for the salaries, which naturally increase year to year.

2. MMD says:

I am so going to miss this show and I’m thankful for this final season. I hope they tie up all the loose ends. it’s a fun, fluffy summer show that has characters you can’t help falling in love with that I always look forward to.

With everything going on in the real world, I want all the characters in this show to get their happy endings.

3. Kristin says:

The show hasn’t been the same in a long time, season 5 was ok, but a far cry from seasons 1-4 in regards to the closeness of the 2 lead characters, and season 6 was just awful, with no closeness any longer between Jane and Maura, or almost none, and very little screen time for Maura. Also the screen time for the B characters has drastically increased. I am really kind of glad it got cancelled, I have kept waiting for it to get back to normal, but after 2 seasons it still hasn’t, better to just end it if the show runner that came aboard season 5 has no idea of what made this show work.

• Luli says:

Agree with the closeness thing. They just dont have that many scenes as they used to, and Maura has had so little screen time commpared to the early seasons. I’m sad that the show is ending, but I hope season 7 brings back what we love the most: their friendship, and more scenes between them.

4. N says:

I love this show

5. Billiejean Betzold says:

I really, really don’t understand why the show is being canceled!!! It is an excellent show and I can’t imagine it could have any rating problems!!! I myself will greatly miss the duo of Rizzioli and Isles. I really wish y’all would reconsider your decision!!!!