Kirsten Storms Leaving GH

General Hospital's Kirsten Storms Explains Break From Maxie Role

General Hospital‘s Kirsten Storms has issued a statement explaining her latest break from the role of Maxie Jones.

Whereas the daytime-TV vet took time off from the ABC soap opera in fall of 2011 to tend to issues stemming from her endometriosis, this time Storms says that skin breakouts related to stress precipitated the time-out — in small part due to the fact that the GH makeup team was having a hard time covering up her blemishes.

“Thanks for the love, and you will see me again in no time!” the actress said at the close of her statement posted via Twitter, shown below.

Last month, it was reported that Storms and GH costar Brandon Barash, who plays Johnny, had filed for divorce after nearly three years of marriage.

As previously reported, Storms this time will be temporarily replaced by Days of Our Lives vet Molly Burnett. Click here to read when Storms will return.

1. N says:

I will miss her playing Maxie

2. Lk says:

I still miss her as Belle Black on days

3. Robin says:

Take all the time you need Kirsten its a lot of emotional and physical changes when couples separate hug your daughter and always let her know you love her and so does her dad . You are very talented actress and your fans will understand , I will miss you but I hope when your ready you will return. No one plays Maxie better than you

• Christal says:

Thank you Robin, you read my mind. I think Kristin Rocks and am hoping she gets better soon and can turn to the show. I don’t like anyone else playing Maxie. Also reading some of these reviews.. Ugh these mean spirited negative Nellys! People have issues

4. Sheila says:

Oh, I thought it might be the endometriosis again. Glad it’s something fairly minor.

5. chloe says:

yeah uh-huh sure “skin issues” more like back to rehab. anyone who believes/believed that endometriosis bs too is extremely gullible, she was gone for an entire year b/c of “endometriosis” and by the way cirque lodge ONLY treats drugs/alcohol issues NOT eating disorders. i never understood why the media bought mary-kate olsen’s eating disorder claim when that is the rehab she went to

• AJ says:

Judge much?

• mooshki says:

Yep, rehab for sure. But good for her for getting help. Hope it sticks.

• Bellaz says:

Do you even know what it’s like to have endometriosis? I can honestly say I do. She obviously needs a break so good on her for taking one.

Look forward to her return.

• big cheddar says:

So what if this is a cover story? How does it make your life any better to be right? I think it’s a shame that she has to disclose this much of her personal life to the public. How about we respect her privacy.

• Alicia P. says:

Do you have any actual proof/something to substantiate your claim? Because without it you just look like an idiot.

• lauren says:

some hens think it is “cool” to air dirty laundry, makes them look all “in the know” (versus what they really are which is sad, lonely and owning too many cats).

• donholley77 says:

Dude, the actress has legit health issues that caused her to leave in the past. She’s becoming a single mother going through a divorce! Her condition happens! Even if she was going through rehab, the main thing is she get well!

• jen says:

My thought exactly. I thought she lookedsick and very pale. Something I’d not right.

6. safistikaytdlayd says:

@big cheddar well said!!!! Cover story or not is it really anyone’s business but hers??? I think she’s a great actress and I love her character on General Hospital. Get Well soon Kirsten Storms!!!

• Abe Froman says:

Wow, this is the first time I’ve seen the words “great actress” and “Kirsten Storms” in the same sentence. She’s serviceable at best.

7. donholley77 says:

I said from the start it was a health related issues, not becaus the actress was being unprofessional & leaving because the writing was bad! Though i’m sure the haters will say caused her breakout! Forget yourselves, & get a life!

8. Dis says:

BS..many stories negative about her and I don’t believe it not for a second

9. Alan says:

So very obvious by how she is looking and performing that this a drug issue

10. Judy says:

There will never be another Maxie for me take the time you need to heal take care!

11. Ann Dover says:

Once again, a terrible replacement for Maxie. Do you pick the first one to come along? The one playing Claudette would have been better it seems.

• Joobee says:

I know, right? Nothing against the “replacement” actor, she is lovely and can act, that part is fine. But couldn’t they at least have put her in a blond wig?!? She’s not ditzy enough, imho.
      Even when Maxi is being serious, or fragile, or vulnerable, or whatever, she manages to get in something about how she looks or how cute some guy is. They may be writing for a non-ditzy replacement (big mistake) but the very able replacement is in no danger of becoming permanent. Gotta have Kirsten back ASAP!!!

• Daniel says:

Maxie is nails on a chalkboard annoying… a child. Her replacements give her depth & character. Shut it & enjoy the class they will bring it Maxie… then when Kristen comes back, enjoy the clueless ditz you’re used to. I hate her… and FF thru all her scenes.
        The next month on the other hand… will be AWESOME

12. Maria says:

Get better soon Kristen because there’s only 1 Maxie Jones my daughter is the 4th generation in my family to watch General Hospital..we love u and we look for u for fashion tips and for ur scandalicious self and always u have a good heart..get well soon

13. Terry Wyatt says:

Glad to know that Kristen is coming back. I’ve been watching GH for 42 years. I love all the original actors. But in the case if Maxie, Kristen plays it the best.

14. Ann says:

No one can replace her. She is the best. I look forward to her return but only when she’s ready. I’m sorry to hear about her marriage ending. I wish them both the best.

15. Ninaz says:

Im sorry but skin issues? Pleeeeease! I have really really bad acne all over my whole body ! While I sympathize with someone with a skin condition I really can’t believe that is keeping her off camera. Good luck anyway.

16. Crystal Rosie says:

I didn’t like her on days, and I already don’t like her on GHARTEY. You are irreplaceable. I enjoy the character you play,and I don’t think that any “temp” will be able to capture the role as maxi Jones like you do. Good vibes going your way and to a very, very, speedy recovery.

17. Tawny says:

Yes appearances matter on TV. It is also true that mates are attracted to equal partners. That said, the current Maxi is not hot enough for her love match Nathan West.

18. Elizabeth Phillips says:

No one can replace you! You are a gem‼️

19. Come back soon. No one else can be Maxi!

20. Barbara Miller says:

Can’t wait for your return. They could at least have had a blond actress take the part. Shecan’t pull off your sassy ways.

21. Jennifer Schrock says:

Although I love molly, you are the real Maxie! Now on that note Molly I am loving you on the soap opera screen again!

22. Cathy jo says:

Love you Kirsten. Sorry to hear about the divorce. I didn’t expect that. Wishing you well and all of you to stay strong.

23. Kristin Miller says:

You are my favorite actress on GH and please know how sorry I am to hear about your marriage, always put your lil angel first and let her know that both her mom & dad love her & will always be there for her. Please feel better soon ~ will miss you so much!

24. Janice says:

I will sure miss your smiling face. You make the show so enjoyable for me. I have watched you grow up on the show.

25. stephanie dennis says:

Kirsten when you first entered gh I couldn’t get with you, but now I have been whatching you for years, and girl!! I cannot see anybody else playing that part but you and I would be very disappointed if you were to leave, you took that part and made it your own and it wood have to take some pretty big shoes to fill it!!!!!!! speaking of which they could at least put another blond in your place.. but blond, brunette, or even redhead there will never be another you!!!!! so baby girl take your time and get yourself (Healthy) and hurry home, love ya!

26. stephanie dennis says:

after I put in my comment I read through all of the rest and it is horrifying what some mean spirited people can say and to those Haters I say people get a Life!!!!!!! and to you Kirsten I didn’t know that you where going so much because I don’t do twitter, face book and all that crap I just watch my soaps and I like what I see and I see you! so baby girl hang in there and Trust and Believe that GOD has you covered and you will be OKAY!!!!!! moving forward,,,GOD BLESS….. love ya!

27. Laura says:

We will miss seeing your beautiful face on GH! I look forward to the day you come back. Good luck with everything, and remember to try and stay as less stressed as possible. I know life is a little tough right now, but you can do it! Us as women, we are built strong and tough for anything life throws our way! Your amazing girl! Come back very soon! Its just not right without you!

28. Rose Wise says:

Thanks for your Tweet because I love the role that Maxie plays on General Hospital and I thank you that she will be returning.

29. Rose Wise says:

Get well soon can’t wait to see you back on the scene of General Hospital

30. A. Dansby says:

Kisten should try The Miracle Tree Moringa Oliefera with Curcumin. two Powerful healing substains for immune healing.

31. Cynthia Jenkins says:

Love you as Maxie, hurry back

32. Deb says:

There is I one that can play Maxie like you! Hope to see you back soon!

33. Betty says:

Well guess what I don’t like this Maxie that’s replacing you but just went good luck with your thing I’m sorry about your divorce and yes John it was a very hot sexy man but I want you back and you really really fit the part I am such a big fan and we love you and I hope your skin issue clears up and I’m sorry about your divorce

34. Betty says:

We will miss you Kirsten and will look forward to seeing you in August

35. Alan A says:

Get better soon, your a wonderful Actress and I enjoy your realism as Maxie.

36. I just “happened upon” this article. After reading it I started reading some of the comments. WOW! What is WRONG with many of you?! I have always been happy to have not been attracted to being an actress nor any other type of “celebrity” and I can see why! First of all, it’s really sad that whatever they are going through is judged, misinterpreted and made into whatever the reader chooses. If Ms Storms IS having any sort of personal problem WHO ARE YOU To JUDGE? I think you are clearly disturbed yourself if you feel the need to so harshly judge someone you don’t even really know. What a bunch of harsh, miserable and judge mental people we have become!

• Leanne says:

I couldn’t agree with you more. Wow these people are whackoo. I’ve been watching GH well, for a very long time. When Maxie was born pretty much even before that. Storm is a great actress and made that character her own. That’s why I googles where is Maxie, and this bashing came up. Wow. I have a relative that is an A rated star and I see why her family stays out of limelight.

37. Soooo happy to hear you’re coming back.. Hope it will be soon. Miss u in the meantime.(can’t stand Nivholas’ replacement, Hope he comes back asap.

38. Tommy says:

They could have least picked someone with blonde hair. We just can’t accept this girl as Maxie.

39. Awe… I feel so bad that her and her husband are getting a divorce. I hope she comes back soon and I wish her all the best. Me and my BFF love her as Maxie and although this gal is doing her best she just is not Maxie. I think they could have at least got someone with blonde hair to make it a bit easier to relate to. Hurry back Kristin!

40. I wish they would have gotten a young lady that resembled here more. It’s so hard to even think of her being Maxie. I love Kristen as Maxie, it’s my favorite part of the show. Blemishes or no blemishes she is beautiful. I am so sad to hear that she and her husband are divorcing.
    Hurry Back Kristen we all miss you!

41. Jo says:

Love you don’t ever leave u bring a big light to GH see you soon

42. GH fan! says:

I do not care for either replacement. It is very hard to even focus on the Maxie’s replacement…just too different. I do not care for Nicholas’s either…his voice is weak. At least he looks a little bit more like his character than the one for Maxie. Plain and simple, I guess I like the established personalities better. i only hope these are really temporary. I have watched GH since I was 13 yrs old! …So to say that I am an avid fan would put it mildly!

43. Allycia says:

Please come back Maxie, I don’t like who took your place, she is horrible!!!!

44. Allycia says:

The person playing Maxie is horrible. I love you Maxie aka Kirsten Storm please come back !!!

45. Kitty Potter says:

I like Maxie and her character but I think the new Maxie didn’t give the storyline with Claudette enough…oh I don’t know, the right amount of punch so to speak? I’ve been waiting for this introduction and just feels it’s lacking something with the new person! Anybody else feeling that?

46. Patti Conger says:

If there had to be a replacement…they did good…Molly is a great actress. And slipped into the role with ease. Even with brown hair! GH is the only soap I have a match btw.

47. Karen Wagner says:

We really want you to get better and come back.

48. myriam says:

Hope you come back soon,

49. Tammy Dixon says:

I love Kristen Storms because of the new actress I almost hope Nathan and his ex hook up

50. Brenda Gwaltney says:

Miss you so much. Not the same without the real Maxie. Wish you the best.