Chelsea Handler Netflix Talk Show

Chelsea Boss Exits After 3 Weeks

Nine episodes into her eponymous Netflix talk show, Chelsea Handler has lost her right-hand man.

Executive producer and showrunner Bill Wolff has departed the streaming service’s chatfest, which debuted May 11 with thrice-weekly outings (dropping Wednesday, Thursday and Friday).

“I am excited for Chelsea as she continues to produce her singular vision for a television talk show,” Wolff told our sister site Deadline. “My friends at Netflix provide the foremost platform in developing ambitious and compelling creative content.”

Added Handler: “I’m grateful that Bill was part of the pioneering effort to get Netflix’s first talk show off the ground.”

Though there are no current plans for Wolff to be replaced, Chelsea‘s production schedule will continue through December as intended, for a total of 90 half-hour episodes in 2016. (Our own Michael Slezak gave the series’ first batch of installments a D+ review.)

Wolff joined Chelsea last September, days after departing The View, which had experienced a number of on- and off-screen shake-ups in the final months of his tenure.

Does Wolff’s exit make you more or less interested in watching Chelsea? Tell us in the comments section below.

1. Alyson says:

I still want to know what happened with her and Brad Wollack.

2. fatalsin says:

I love Chelsea but this format is terrible…

• fatalsin says:

I wanted to edit but no edit button lol… I liked her docu series a lot i think she she do 6 or 12 of those a year and rake in the cash instead of this silly format now..

3. marty_55 says:

She’s just a better actress than a talk show host, whether it be a mockumentary or film. Put her live and without a script and she struggles.

4. dan says:

I love her new show. And I think it’s going to get better and better. Some of her remote segments have been really interesting. I’m so glad that she got rid of all the comedian hanger-ons.

5. Heather McDonald says:

He clearly knows a bomb when he sees it, and runs away from it like any rational person should.

6. HAP says:

Before The View, Wolff executive produced The Rachel Maddow Show for about 6 years. Wolff is also a Harvard grad. I just don’t see he and Chelsea hitting it off.

7. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Chelsea Handler is better back at E! I have a slight feeling her new show on Netflix is going to work out.

8. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Sorry* ISN’T*

9. Steve Z says:

Chelsea was shocking and sometimes stupid on E and done with her female perspective was what made her so popular. Nowdays with the shocking and stupid presidential campaign I think we are wanting for something smarter (Samantha B) in our female comics.

Also, she jus lost her momentum with the long break between series and we’ve had too much time to realize what we were actually laughing at really wasn’t that funny to begin with.