Exclusive

Girl Meets World Premiere Video: The Girls Face Their First High School Crisis

The Girl Meets World gang heads to high school in the June 3 season premiere (Disney Channel, 8:30/7:30c), a voyage which goes… well, it’s probably better just to see it for yourself.

“I heard that even the best of friendships can come apart in high school,” Riley worries out loud in TVLine’s exclusive clip from the premiere. “But that couldn’t happen to us, right? … Promise me that no matter what happens, we will always stick together.”

Unfortunately, Riley and Maya quickly learn that sticking together is easier said than done, as a stampede of giant high-schoolers washes over them like wildebeests on Mufasa.

Meanwhile, Farkle just wants to swing from the chandelier. (From the chandele-heeeeir!)

Girl Meets World Spoilers

Girl Meets World‘s two-part premiere continues Sunday, June 5. Hit PLAY on the clip above, then drop a comment below: What are your hopes for the show’s third season?

1. powerturtle90sdudemon says:

Farkle/Corey’s huge now

• KB says:

Yep growing up! I was really hoping Farkle and Riley would end up together…..Guess they’re going with Lucas.

2. Infinite says:

LAWD! Farkle’s come up is real.

3. Jason says:

Riley and Maya are codependent on each other to the point where it seems unhealthy for them. I hope they branch out from each other more

• Saz says:

Although I get that Riley and Maya’s friendship is the show, and it’s very clear they’re the most important relationship. Not Rucas, Lucaya, Riarkle, Markle, Joshaya… whatever…. I agree. It’d be nice to see them branch out a little more.

• Honestly, you could same the same thing about Shawn and Cory. And I see your point.

4. JCJ says:

More Lucas and Riley! Absolutely hate that they went there with Maya and him. That’s a NoNo in a girls friendship and at that age I don’t think they would be that mature about it! Absolutely hate that idea of him and Maya!

5. Falcon says:

So, I’m not making it up that there is a similar “herd of high schoolers running for the bell separates us from each other” scene between Shawn and Corey in the original BMW, right? That is supposed to be a direct callback? I loved it, regardless. But it felt familiar (in a good way, of course)…

6. Eabha says:

That they mature and that lucaya happens.also a lot of rilaya happening

7. Joey Padron says:

Good clip from season premiere episode! Can’t wait to see their high school adventures in new season! Like new opening credits for new season. It’s good homage to Boy Meets World’s opening credits from the college years of the show.

8. Winter says:

Yay! Zay is there! I really like Zay.

9. Kevan says:

I like the characters enough to stick with this show out of nostalgia for the original (seriously, they are great characters, very endearing) but the biggest problem with GMW has always been that every problem they face is some huge, overdramatic dilemma. Like right here in this clip. We know from the interviews so far that this year will be about testing Riley and Maya’s friendship…but do we need it spelled out in such obvious foreshadowing. The show hits people over the head with “BIG ISSUES” in such a clumsy way. I like that they’re trying. I get that it’s aimed at kids and Disney Channel has its constraints. But kids are smart…they could write some of this more subtly and have things happen more organically.

• Pat says:

I almost want to blame the BMW audience for that. Before the show started filming, people were constantly harping about how they hope GMW has life lessons to the point where Ben and Danielle were constantly reassuring the audience that they’ll teach life lessons when they were doing press for the first season. But the life lessons are so heavy handed in this show unlike BMW’s. I love BMW. It’s one of my all time favorite shows, but I didn’t watch it for the life lessons. I watched it for its humor.

Michael Jacobs said they’ll get more subtle as the kids get older, and I’m hoping he’s right.

• Kevan says:

I don’t know whose fault it is, but I want to say a lot of it is due to Disney Channel. They probably have guidelines set in stone for Jacobs & Co. to follow. The erasure of “broken home” to just “broken” from Maya’s head in season 1 is a good example. Why do that? Are they so afraid that modern kids will get upset and the parents will kick up a fuss? I guess that’s possible in today’s hypersensitive social media world, but sheesh. I imagine that the producers were told that when they teach lessons, do so in the clearest, most unambiguous way possible, which of course eliminates a lot of artistic license. And about them getting older, unless Disney somehow suspends the 4-season rule that it has for its shows, that can’t happen. Unless they move networks. Which they probably should, if they want to explore high school in any impactful way that doesn’t involve cotton candy and rainbows.

10. “a stampede of giant high-schoolers washes over them like wildebeests on Mufasa” … TOO SOON! ;)

11. Allison says:

The first thought I had was “Wow. Look at how Farkle has grown!” Whenever I see earlier episodes and see him now, the whoa is real. I am probably in the minority here, but I really hope they do put Riley and Maya apart. I would like to see Maya interact with other girls/boys. I would like to see if Riley remains a goody-two-shoes and if Maya just loses all restraint and self control and just goes full throttle. I doubt it. This is Disney. The most she’ll probably ever do is what she did in the series premiere with the sparkler and the homework rebellion. I like how this episode gives the nostalgia of Cory and Shawn’s first day of high school and I wonder who is the new Harley and if Lucas will now be the new Johnny Baboon, heh! It isn’t likely, but it would be interesting to see. The actress playing Riley, Rowan Blanchard, is wonderful and I would love to see her perform more emotional scenes. She is really good at that and so is the actress that plays Maya, Sabrina Carpenter. Those two play really well off of each other so I can’t wait to see them tackle high school issues. I ended up liking this show way more than I thought I would. I didn’t think I would give one iota about any of the new characters because all I wanted was a continuation of the Boy Meets World characters, but these little scamps grew on me and I can’t wait to see what happens next!

• Pat says:

“I would like to see if Riley remains a goody-two-shoes and if Maya just loses all restraint and self control and just goes full throttle” You literally just described the episode Rules?

12. Margaret Ybarra says:

Maya dates Josh & Riley & Lucas stay togethed

13. Dorothy says:

waoo i got an excellent news for every one i am earning 3895$ per month in my home by online job on internet
    you must check it ………http;//www.55easyline.com…

14. Chase Wendte says:

I Should Riley and Lucas should get together ever since the first episode of Season 1 they might do the part of the train I really like that part of the show they could do that again on the 3rd Season?

15. Jenn says:

When Riley want maya to find out her feelings for Lucas.indeed also testing isn’t he continued grew their relationship ? Remember Lucas do want to try again…Because maya,Riley can share everything for her . So she thinks there’s no significant relationship can go beyond their friendship…of course,she can sacrifice Lucas and her the immature love!!

16. Brittany says:

I like riley and lucas together i wish they had stayed together instead of maya and lucas. I wonder what is going to happen when lucas tells riley she dressed to much for him.

17. Giana says:

I would love it if they have just one non white girl in the gang.

18. I WANT LUCYA!!!
    I WANT LUCYA!!!

19. Summer says:

I like zay to because he said he could go out with Riley anyway NOBODY LIKES LUCAYA but Lucas has like Maya pushed Riley but Lucas who was there go cheer u on riding the bull

20. Alexyonna says:

Ok so I love Lucas and I hope he chooses Mia because he already dated ryle and he did not like it so date Mia