Miranda Rae Mayo Chicago Fire

TVLine Items: Chicago Fire Promotes Newbie, BoJack Return Date and More

One of Chicago Fire‘s newest recruits is quickly moving up the ladder.

The NBC drama has promoted Miranda Rae Mayo (aka firefighter Stella Kidd) to series regular for Season 5, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Mayo joined Chicago Fire in mid-February, and her Season 4 arc ended on a cliffhanger in which Stella and Severide began to rekindle their romantic spark — until Stella’s ex-husband, Grant, made an ill-timed return.

Chicago Fire will return Tuesdays at 10/9c this fall.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* BoJack Horseman‘s third season will drop on Netflix Friday, July 22, the streaming service announced Wednesday:

* Nickelodeon has renewed its animated series The Loud House for a 14-episode second season.

* Spike TV is nearing a series order for its first-ever game show — a quiz-based series in which parents and their adult children compete for cash while learning cringe-worthy truths about their loved ones, Deadline reports.

* Brett Donahue (Nickelodeon’s The Other Kingdom) has been cast as JFK’s son, John F. Kennedy, Jr., in Reelz’s upcoming miniseries The Kennedys — After Camelot.

1. Cas says:

Ugh I dislike her.

2. Will says:

so ready for BoJack to return!

3. maregolden says:

I guess we now know that Stella’s crazy husband is not going to murder her in the season opener.

4. Leah says:

What about Steven R McQueen? I LOVE HIM. Seeing Jer all grown up is amazing and I want him to stick around!! But yay, I do like Stella!

5. Didn’t Spike TV air Repo Games? Despite its repo show trappings, it was technically a game show (it’s even listed as such on IMDb and Wikipedia). But I guess this new show counts as their first ever game show in a traditional sense (i.e. in a studio with an audience).

6. Michelle says:

Can’t say I’m jumping for joy at Kidd becoming a regular on next seasons Chicago Fire. I was kind of hoping her psychotic husband was gonna kill her in the final & Severide would be set up for it, hope he doesn’t off Severide instead 😱

7. Lorna wolbert says:

Hope they don’t do a 360 on her like with Chili. They really made Chili unlikable this past season.

8. Fjf says:

Well i guess she lives! And does this mean chili isnt coming back? That sucks. I didnt like the way stella came ibto the show all cocky. Ans chilli was light and fun… Well until this year when they decided to mess up here character.

9. CHARLENE ARIK says:

I WAS HOPING THAT THEY WOULD GET RID OF HER …I DON’T CARE FOR HER ….ESPECIALLY WITH SEVERIDE!

10. Steph says:

Awesome news! Killing off Shay was a dumb mistake that still looms over the show but Stella is the only one out of the three women they’ve added since (her, Chili, Brett) that’s really fit well, worked well with the other characters, and created a romance and friendship worth caring about. Brett’s ok but Stella, both the character and the actress, clicks with Dawson/Monica Raymund in a way that Brett simply hasn’t been able to. Where as Brett and Chili failed to generate any chemistry in their 51 relationships Kidd and Severide have great Chen and fit well. Easily the best cast addition since Shay and Mills were lost.

11. B says:

Wait that episode was the finale?! How did i miss that..

12. Claire says:

I can’t stand her character and would rather have Steven R. McQueen as a regular. This is disappointing.

13. liame says:

I’m not too fond of her character, but I like her. Congrats!

14. Lauren says:

Awesome! Love her. Always good to get more women on such a male-dominated show.