Grimm Finale Season 5 Spoilers

Grimm EPs, Star Tease Nick's Wrath, a Significant Death, Dangerous Diana

Grimm‘s Nick Burkhardt has spent the past few episodes harried, hunted and haunted by a betrayal, which can only mean one thing: It’s season finale time again!

At the very end of last week’s episode, David Giuntoli‘s Nick watched Sean Renard celebrate his ill-gotten mayoral victory, flanked on stage by his even more ill-gotten “family”: a coerced Adalind, Diana and baby Kelly. “You’re dead,” Nick said, clenching his fist and seething at his former boss as the screen cut to black.

As we head into tonight’s two-hour finale (8/7C), Det. Burkhardt is still “a little hot,” says executive producer James Kouf. But the EP clarifies that none of the Grimm’s anger is directed at his baby mama/kinda-girlfriend. “He realizes that this is not of her doing. He doesn’t blame her. He blames Black Claw.”

The collective of Wesen purists ups its attack in the season-ender, which finds every member of the Scooby gang — particularly Hank — feeling the hate group’s wrath… which may or may not have something to do with a big death that happens during the extended episode.

RELATED Grimm‘s Sasha Roiz Talks Black Claw’s Hold on Renard

Giuntoli says buzz about the upcoming offing followed him even during a recent leisurely walk in Central Park with girlfriend/co-star Bitsie Tulloch. “One of the buskers — who was awesome, by the way — he’s like, ‘Oh, it’s the Asian guy! He turned into a [Wesen]! He’s gonna die!,'” Giuntoli says, laughing. “I don’t know about that. But I don’t think people really know who it’s gonna be.”

Grimm Finale Season 5 SpoilersMeanwhile, Renard and Adalind — as shown in the finale preview NBC aired after last week’s episode — get a clearer idea of exactly how powerful (and uncontrollable) their little Hexenbiest/Zauberbiest hybrid is.

RELATED Grimm‘s Season 6 Order Is Trimmed

Despite her slight stature and sweet face, Diana “is a giant power,” Kouf says. EP David Greenwalt adds, “She’s demonstrated since she was a little, tiny toddler the power she has. But now —”

“— Now that we found an actress that can actually do it —,” Kouf cuts in, referencing new cast member Hannah R. Loyd.

“— she’s getting ever more powerful,” Greenwalt continues. “She will figure largely in things to come.”

Who do you think will meet his or her untimely end in tonight’s Grimm finale? Log your prediction in the comments below!

1. *Maybe spoiler??*

My cable TV infoguide mentioned Black Claw does something to Hank in the description for tonight’s ep, so I’m going with him as the death (which would suck, IMO).

2. Ala says:

I can’t wait to see what happens! Nobody puts Grimm in a corner.

Thanks TvLine for posting about Grimm.

3. Gary says:

Top three names on that list is Renard, Juliette and Adalind with the latter two making some kind of sacrifice for Nick but remember rule number 1 from sci-fi shows: Death isn’t always permanent, I reckon a certain magical stick may be able to bring back people also but at what cost maybe we will know next season.

4. Alyse says:

I think the death is going to be Hank.

• Mindy says:

A lot of people think it will be Hank that dies, because of misleading synopsis. But at this point Hank’s death would be too predictable and everyone is promising a very shocking twist. And because the death is supposed to have lasting ramifications shifting alliances, and relationship dynamics. There are really only two characters whose deaths would have such ramifications at this point, & it’s either Nick or Renard. Renard’s death is actually less likely than Nick’s because it doesn’t seem like they’re finished with his Black Claw story arc. There was also a lot of foreshadowing in that scene last week with Nick and Trubel. Plus if Nick dies, they can easily use the magic stick to bring him back, although we don’t really know the extent of what the stick can do

5. Carm says:

I think it might be Hank but I really hope not. It could be Renard because where does his character go from here? If I had to go out on a limb I would actually guess Trubel. She would be significant and she is not a regular.

• Alichat says:

My first thoughts were Trubel or Hank as well. Especially since they brought Trubel back for so many eps this season. I would like it to be either Renard or Adalind personally. If it’s any of the Grimm gang, I’m going to be upset.

6. Pat says:

My heart is racing not knowing who is going to die. I just hope that it is not one of the gang. Please let it be someone else, who’s character is expendable. Would not mind seeing Diana go poof, but we know that she will be back next season. She is without a doubt downright evil and scary. Adaline does not seem to have any control over of this child and I am not even sure if she can be redeemed.

7. Is it bad ro really, really hope the death is Diana?

Also, the “best” options for death are Hank or Renard. I love this show too much and losing anyone else would be too much.

• Actually, I think that losing creepy Diana would be a good choice. I am still not sure that the actress playing Diana is not really an adult “little person.” She certainly has adult features. And other than Adalind, I don’t think anyone on the show or in the audience shows any strong emotional connection or investment in her character. Second choice–Eve. You can never kill Bitsey too many times on this show–she could become like South Park’s Kenny.

• me says:

Wow I sort of thought of that too. Let’s look at the actress’s info then.

8. As long as the death isn’t the delectable if shady Captain! Although any of the cast would be a great loss to this wonderful show!

9. JP says:

I would hate to lose a member of the Scooby Gang..how much more loss can nick deal with (dad, aunt rose, mom, “Juliette”) Personally I think it’s Renard. What more can they do with him. If Nick kills him he will not only have the Royals to deal with, but also Black Claw. Also hoping they promote Trubel and Meisner to series regulars. And if Nick kills the captain, he can’t keep being a cop, can become a full time HW agent and keep the gang in the loop. Endless possibilities. Then the Nick/eve/adalind frictions will reach fever pitch

• Alichat says:

Ooo….this could work. Wu can be promoted to detective……perhaps he’s taken the exam recently…..and become Hank’s new partner. Then Nick works with Trubel and Meisner at HW. That would move the scenes to other ‘countries’ at times. Or, they could have Nick kill Renard in self defense and HW provides “proof” that Renard was involved with the previous mayoral nominee’s death……thus clearing Nick….and they keep on rolling with the current set up, but then have a crazy powerful Diana to deal with.

• tvjunkie says:

Weren’t the royals pretty much wiped out by Black Claw earlier in the season?

10. thisismenow says:

After bringing back Juliette er um Eve, however “dies” will be back. lol Unless they are legitimately anticipating the upcoming season being a final season. Then it might be the fallout from the death tonight.

11. dman6015 says:

It’s Hank. Then Wu will get promoted to detective and be Nick’s partner next season.

12. Luis says:

Please don’t let it be Hank, please don’t let it be Hank, please don’t let it be Hank!!!

• Voyuese says:

Exactly.

And Diana isn’t a Hexenbiest/Zauberbiest hybrid since those are just the different gender names for the same species.

13. bkbeach4x4 says:

I say let Eve kill Renard and put tiny Diana in a coma while the Grims Nick & Trouble eliminate Black Claw leadership with the help of Wesen Woo, Hank and best buds the furies, clock maker and elixir guru.

14. Cheryl says:

Anybody but Hank!

15. Adalind is the weak link in this cast of powerhouses. She’s always been weak, even from the beginning. Ask her mother, the Royals and Renard! ! They all used her and dropped her.. LOL!!! On another note, I think her baby is really Eve/ Juliette and Nick’s since she was disguised as Juliette when the baby was concieved. They hinted at something about crossed wires last week that got me to thinking. Besides, I don’t really like the relationship between her and Nick, it seems forced. Nick has always had strong women in his life. HIs mother, aunt and Juliette/Eve…Adalind is just weak on every front.

• Šárka says:

I great with you adalind is useless and unnecessary even director says that her mother had to give roly otherwise would not have her on the show instead. while Juliette life and character in Grimm Vivi and still do not know what you expect from heris character adalind same still laya, manipulation. a sex seduction with which humans suffer to death, “literally”.I think that character adalind is same and useless unncessary. If I must vote who I like so it is nickete because they life was true not fals like nadalind. fans of juliete must cry and is on row to cry fans nadalind. it going to be that – nick learns that is kelly juliete son and she want from lyas adalind kill her At that moment her path diana he kills in self-defense. adalind it will nedávidět anicka get the opportunity to kill her, and it really is. nick going to be with Julie and weding Another children ś. I hope so that the who really die in least seson will be diana and adalind. because theyre are all evill in series grimm. juliete and nick will end.because even the director said that the season will last for she will end nadalind gauge. Atilla and I think with my friends That nick stay with adalind coercion and kelly That is not adalind son Juliete. no more nadalnd it is dusgasting.

16. James D says:

It better not be Wu. I’d miss Hank a lot but he seems like the logical choice. Hope we see the return of Super Grimm Badass Nick tonight he’s the best.

17. Sammy says:

I hope its renard. To use Kelly as well for his family? hell no! Also abt bloody time thst nick wins!!

18. Elaine Grant says:

I think it will be Misner. He is not a regular cast member. Nick will kill Renard and eventually be cleared, then resign and become the new head of HW. this will also clear the way for Alexander to make his entrance and become strong ally, also ties up ending to death of council and provide history of black claw leadership. And could also provide insight on how to use the stick found in the black forest.

19. The Kaibosh says:

I think the death could be a red herring. If there’s an actual death with a character leaving than its likely Meisner, Renard or Hank. They’ve each pretty much completed their purpose. If there’s a shock cliff hanger death than it’s probably Nick. Nick’s “death” (likely at the hands of Diana) will be the catalyst for Eve to explode. They’ve teased Eve’s concern/affection for Nick a number of times so its only a matter time for it all to come out. As well only Eve is strong enough to take on Diana and I doubt the show will invest too much more in trying to rehabilitate her so Diana’s probably a goner too.

20. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

They BETTER NOT kill Hank!!! Nick already lost his mom he can’t lose his best friend……he will go F-in insane.

21. BillyBobJohnson says:

They can’t end ANOTHER season with a death that turns out not to be a death. That would truly be lame lousy writing. I think this one sticks. I’m going with Hank.

22. Lorie says:

Maybe Diana is stronger than Eve. I’m starting to think that Diana will realize the “connection” b/w herself & Eve and decide that Eve has to be eliminated.

• Dawn says:

This may be off target but Kelly (Nick’s mother, not his son) took care of Diana when Diana was a younger child. That might be a connection to Nick that she might realize she has.Plus since Diana had a moment with Juliette at the end of last season Diana may not want to see her die. I hope it’s not Adalind. Yes, I prefer Nick and Adalind, over Nick and Eve.I feel sorry for Hank, he can’t get laid to save his life. And finally that “stick” that saved Monroe’s life, it probably will save someone else’s life tonight.

23. Joan says:

I bet it’s nick

24. Aurora Gomez says:

I’m so lost. Can someone help me. Usually the time says 9/8 c time. And here is says 8/7 c time. Does this mean it will start an hour early? Thank you.

25. Debbie says:

Please Please. Don’t take Grimm off the air that is the number one show I think on T-V yet,so please don’t take it off

26. Thank goodness non has died…All cast is still alive…

27. Mai says:

Diana is creepy as heck. I don’t like it when shows do a oh-so-special-superpowerful-child character.