NCIS: Michael Weatherly Bids an LOL Farewell to Fans — WATCH

Michael Weatherly would like you to know about the “great joy, great sadness, great dislocation” and “confusion” that occurred during his 13 years on NCIS.

Following his final episode, CBS on Tuesday released a video in which Weatherly thanked fans for making the long-running drama the No. 1 show in the world.

“I want to say that wherever I go, whatever men’s room or restaurant or airport I find myself in, you’re there, too… you’re with me,” he said. “Sometimes it’s appropriate, sometimes it’s not appropriate at all, but I always love it because I am the number one fan of NCIS. I know you guys share that, but I just want you to know that I have priority because I got there first. So I don’t want to get competitive about it, and I appreciate that you’re also fans, but I’m the first fan.”

The laugh-out-loud farewell was made public after the Artist Formerly Known as Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo posted a series of tweets reaffirming his love for the NCIS fandom. He also shared photos from a very special finale-night reunion with former on-screen love Cote de Pablo:

Watch Weatherly’s farewell to NCIS above, then if you haven’t already, grade his final episode below:

1. The Carpooler says:

I like it. Well done. You’ll be missed.

2. Jackie says:

This is so awesome. Lol
    And thank you, MW, for confirming your continued friendship with Cote, and supporting her and Tiva. So often, it seems, internet rumors and media crap get in the way of the truth. Female actors are particularly maligned by ‘fans’, IMO.
    Good luck in your future projects! Looking forward to Bull.

3. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Love it……..DINozzo was a great and funny as hell character. I don’t watch the show on CBS any more but I do watch the reruns on USA. Good luck to MW on his new show last nights ep. was a tear jerked!

4. Larc says:

Great to see Michael and Cote together. I wish him success with his new show. Don’t know that I’ll follow him there since it was the character Tony DiNozzo I had grown attached to, not the actor Michael Weatherly. Added to that, I dislike big-mouth-know-it-all Dr. Phil and everything about him. Will check it out, though.

5. texmike says:

Great episode! M.W. brought his A+ game. I didn’t want them to kill Ziva but the story line won me over. To the former writers of Castle and ABC, take note, this is how ya do it.

6. Angel says:

You will be greatly missed

7. Pat says:

Thank you,Michael for that farewell video. Also, thank you for the pictures of you and Coty. I will always remember the both of you, but I will most definitely remember you Michael since I have watched you from the beginning of NCIS. Good luck on your next adventure.

8. Maria says:

Thank you, Michael. We will miss Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo. And as far as NCIS fans being the smartest, most attractive, and most talented…well, yeah. :) lol.

9. Richard Hale says:

Michael, You, like Cote, will be missed. I have been a fan of the show since the JAG pilot epodes. I truly think that the show ended in the best possible way. Good luck with your new show. Only one thing has irritated me about NCIS and CBS. Why is episode 23 not on CBS.com? I missed it, due to illness and I have not been able to see it. What is up with that?

10. Luisa Mendoza says:

There was no reason to kill Ziva! When she said she was leaving the series ALL THE FANS pleaded you NOT TO KILL HER! Why do it now? I was so sad I cried like I had lost a sister!!! Now I am ANGRY, VERY ANGRY! I’m still trying to digest all this! For now I HATE YOU!!

11. Kathy says:

Ziva shouldn’t be dead. No body what does that tell you. Bring them back someday. Put them together.

12. Joan Scocozza says:

Michael, I will miss your gorgeous face and persona. Best of everything to you and looking forward to seeing you and your talent in future endeavors. Cote is beautiful.

13. Bob87 says:

Great character, great actor, wish him the best and hope to see him in future ventures!

14. Sue Yon says:

Bull should have been placed AFTER NCIS New Orleans. Just by the move to between the NCIS shows you are dropping ratings of NCIS New Orleans. I’m disappointed in the move
    Great final for Weatherly