Fall TV Preview
Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: Watch Trailers for CBS' Bull, Training Day, Great Indoors and More

Along with its fall 2016 schedule, CBS on Wednesday revealed first looks at its new series, including Michael Weatherly’s post-NCIS venture Bull, Matt LeBlanc vehicle Man With a Plan and Joel McHale’s Community follow-up The Great Indoors.

A trailer was also released for the Eye Network’s TV adaptation of Training Day. (The promo for this fall’s MacGyver reboot can be found here.)

Watch the trailers in their entirety below, preceded by the logline for each series:

Bull (Tuesdays, 9/8c)
A drama inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw as the founder of one of the most prolific trial consulting firms of all time. Brilliant, brash and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition and high tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses and the accused tick.

Doubt (Midseason)
Lawyer Sadie Ellis becomes romantically involved with a client who may or may not be guilty of a brutal crime. [Video will be added when it becomes available.]

The Great Indoors (Thursdays, 8:30/7:30c)
An adventure reporter must adapt to the times when he becomes the boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the magazine.

Kevin Can Wait (Mondays, 8:30/7:30c)
A newly retired police officer looking forward to spending more quality time with his wife and three kids discovers he faces much tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.

Man With a Plan (Mondays, 8:30/7:30c, after football concludes)
A contractor whose wife goes back to work starts spending more time with his kids and discovers the truth every parent eventually realizes: His little angels are maniacs.

Pure Genius (Thursdays, 10/9c)
A young Silicon Valley tech titan enlists a veteran surgeon with a controversial past in starting a hospital with a cutting-edge, “new school” approach to medicine.

Training Day (Midseason)
A crime thriller that begins 15 years after the events of the feature film, about an idealistic young police officer who is appointed to an elite squad of the LAPD where he is partnered with a seasoned, morally ambiguous detective.

Your thoughts on CBS’ fall and midseason offerings? Drop a line in the comments section with your review of the trailers.

1. Bella says:

Not available in your location? It’s fine CBS, your shows probably suck anyway.

2. Steven says:

The Great Indoors looks really condescending to one of the key demographics that networks are trying to court. Doesn’t seem like a very good idea. Bull looks good though.

• Patrick says:

CBS is successful because they’ve realized that millennials won’t watch TV live. Also, there is money to be had from older generations if enough of them watch. And old fogies like shows that make fun of whippersnappers. Not that it matters. If its good enough, people will watch. Plus, lots of millennials work with, and hate, the types of people this show portrays.

• Stacy says:

The Great Indoors looks like an overall weak show. And it doesn’t have the appeal of a “whippersnapper” actually in the outdoors seeing what they’ve missed. The content seems both condescending while also naive.

• matty says:

I am part of the millennial generation and I despise the type of millennial portrayed in this show, and believe me they are everywhere!

• T H says:

Painfully condescending.

• jenna says:

agreed with both, I was interested in the great indoors because of joel mchale but the tone is alienating. There is a way to make fun of buzzfeed style articles but i’m not sure if this show knows how. Bull looks really interesting, not interested in any of the others

3. MissEllys says:

BULL and PURE GENIUS look very promising.

4. Brock says:

Every other network has made the videos available outside of the US. CBS- its 2016, geoblocking is a dying concept. It’s an ad, wouldn’t you want the most people possible watching it?

• Carol C says:

I’m with you. I don’t get why they’re unavailable in Canada when we get direct feeds of the shows on TV.

• Martina says:

I don’t understand it either, normally you skip the ads, that’s why broadcast TV is dying, they have no clue how to market their own product

5. Wordsmith says:

Training Day looks to be shaping up well. If it lives up to the promise of that trailer, I’ll definitely tune in.

6. Mary says:

Only watched one all the way through – Pure Genius. Not interested in any of them.

7. Wordsmith says:

I like the setting for Pure Genius and the cast is very appealing. Hopefully they will be able to keep it interesting week-to-week without getting too gimmicky with the high-tech wizardry. Ultimately, pretty much every medical drama lives or dies based on how invested we are in the doctors and their personal stories.

8. J says:

Too bad..I honestly couldn’t get through any of those trailers.

• Murica! says:

I agree. None of them look very promising..

• ? says:

I’m not generally a CBS person, with only a few exceptions in recent years like Person of Interest. But man, all of these looked absolutely awful. Just such brainless tripe. All “look these pretty people are the best at everything, isn’t that exciting?” or “haha young people are morons, am I right?” I know CBS makes its money being the “lowest common denominator” network (aka the dumb network), but man it’s a low bar.

9. Coop says:

Bull and Training Day have a ton of potential.

10. donholley77 says:

Perfect vehicles for MW & KJ! ‘Training Day’ looks as good as the movie!

11. drb999 says:

The trailer for Bull pretty much gave away the whole pilot. It was ok. Training Day looks very good,

12. Ro says:

He’s DiNozzo with glasses…

13. kaliber says:

So in reading the descriptions, “Kevin Can Wait” and “Man With A Plan” are the same show, yeah?

14. ndixit says:

Bull looks interesting in concept and seems to be playing to MW’s strengths but there needs to be an overarching story about the character to tie it together because it could get old quickly without it.

15. JB says:

“The Great Indoors” looks absolutely HYSTERICAL! Cant wait for it!!

16. TW says:

After seeing (and loving) Matt LeBlanc in Episodes, I have a hard time believing him as any other character. Am I the only one, or does Man with a Plan = Pucks?

17. Joy says:

So CBS doesn’t want me to look at their trailers eh?!

18. James D says:

Training Day only because Bill Paxton. with what is being offered CBS made a huge mistake not renewing Limitless.

19. Victoria says:

For some reason was just bawling my eyes out watching the Pure Genesis clip. As a Boston native I’m a bit curious as to why the name Bunker Hill though.

20. Daniel snow says:

None of them were interesting

21. Whimsical says:

Limitless is better than all these shows put together.

22. Kevin K says:

Kevin Can Wait, Man With a Plan and The Great Indoors promises bigger laughs and put TBBT into retirement. Bull is destined to become a breakout hit for CBS and Michael Weatherly’s first post-NCIS gig. Not sold on Pure Genius and the TV version of Training Day should be as bad than the movie version even though Bill Paxton is no Denzel Washington (KING KONG AIN’T GOT NOTHIN’ ON CBS). BTW, hope Doubt will flop big time now that Katherine Heigl is back on prime time TV and much worse than her last series State of Affairs (remember that show?).

23. tallsy says:

The action on Training Day looks good, but is the rest of the show Bill Paxon monologuing? Some of the lines were good, but given how many there were, there had to be.

24. dsrbroadway says:

Oofah. Out of all the network trailers so far, I literally couldn’t make it through half of CBS’ ones. Clearly they are not speaking to my demographic.

25. Morgan says:

CBS, you should probably renew Limitless, because by the looks of things here you’re going to need some shows to air when these are cancelled.

26. Couldn’t make it through any of the comedy trailers, but the dramas look promising.

27. Jackie says:

Training Day and Bull look best to me. And maybe Pure Genius.

28. piebokou says:

I can already see at least 4 show that probably will get an early cancellation.

29. Douglas Sabo says:

Wow looks like some good shows coming up. Now if the network big wigs will allow a series to run at least half a season so folks can find them and let the story lines develop they may find out that they can build some ratings.

30. Courtney Larson says:

Well, of the comedies, I don’t think that ‘The Great Indoors’ is going to do as well as they want, but the others have potential. As for the dramas, I’m only really interested in one: ‘Pure Genius’. Of all new dramas from this season & next, I’ve never watched one that was based on a movie. Never wanted to. I didn’t see the movies, so why watch the shows? Plus, one of the new dramas has Katherine Heigl as the star, & she would seem to poison just about everything she touches these days……see her last series for more on that. The other new drama shown here has Dr. Phil attached to it & that right there makes the series a no go for me. I love Michael Weatherly, but when there’s someone attached to a show that I can’t stand, it’s not even a consideration for me.

I was hoping to see the MacGyver trailer here too, as it’s part of the schedule, but I guess that was too much to include. (And yes, I DO see the link to it, but it still should’ve been included here.)

31. Joey Padron says:

Training Day and Pure Genius looks good. The Great Indoors looks pretty good and funny. I’ll check out first episodes of these shows.

32. jj says:

Bull looks good.

33. Ally Oop says:

They even geoblocked these trailers on Youtube. This sucks. Now I’m going to have to spend the next half an hour unblocked them.

34. Oh, just watched Dr. Bull trailer and I’m very excited to see Michael Weatherly starring in it!!! Since CBS didn’t do a Tony and Ziva spin off, I’ll take the Bull!!! Looks like it’s going to be a great show!! Super Excited!!!

35. matty says:

What a uninspired bunch of pilots. CBS couldn’t find anything better than a Kevin James or Matt LeBlanc series that looks like a rehash of everything that was on CBS in 2006?

36. matty says:

and the one trailer I most wanted to see “Doubt” isn’t available!

37. Bull looks Great, can’t wait!!!

38. Kaye Brundage says:

Can’t wait to see Bull and Macqyver. But seriously, did you HAVE to cancel Person of Interest????? Which one of the new shows kicked POI out?

39. Joann francese says:

Can’t wait for training day

40. Gloria says:

Bull looks very interesting

41. KayW4 says:

My god. Perhaps I’m naive here, but I didn’t realize before just how political CBS is in its selection of shows, I just thought it was like any other network. But seeing them together like this, it seems like all they’re offering are fantasies pandering to the heated imaginations of Trump voters.

42. Sharon says:

They all look good except Pure Genius. One more thing I was disappointed to see the disgusting show,two broke girls, still on the air.

43. Candy Erk says:

Always watch and support CBS. Training Day looks good. So does Bull. The comedies are stupid and all around insulting, as are 95% of all the sitcoms on all the stations. How about some comedy with moral, ambitious and bright people???

44. Jacqui says:

Pure Genius is PHENOMENAL !~ And BULL . . I can hardly wait but who doesnt love Dinozzo !

45. promotv says:

he is one of greatest singer of soul music