Fall TV Preview
NBC Fall Trailers 2016

NBC's The Good Place Trailer Debuts — Plus: See More Previews for Fall Shows

In addition to announcing its fall 2016 schedule, NBC kicked off Upfronts Weeks on Sunday by releasing trailers for its new fall series, including the Kristen Bell-Ted Danson vehicle The Good Place and the action-adventure series Timeless.

Watch the trailers in their entirety below:

The Good Place (Thursday, 8:30/7:30c)

This Is Us (Tuesday, 9/8c)

Timeless (Monday, 10/9c)

Your thoughts on NBC’s fall offerings? Drop a line in the comments section with your review of the trailers.

1. Hurley says:

The Good Place looks sooooo funny!

2. Ws says:

The Good Place looks really awful.. That is gonna get old very fast… I kindof like Timeless but it seems like the kindof thing that should be an event series rather than an ongoing.. no idea what This is Us is about.. a bunch of unconnected stories with different people? An anthology?

3. I’ll give all 3 of these a shot! I don’t really know what This Is Us is about, but that cast is amazing. I wonder how they’ll all get connected? I’ve heard the script is great for it. And Timeless looks good, but that was kind of confusing too, but also another great cast.

• Kevin K says:

This Is Us is like a carbon copy of Parenthood and I don’t know whether or not Justin Hartley is going to leave Y&R and possibly recast the Adam Newman role.

• ? says:

So I’m the only one who thinks all three of these look like garbage? Most of these comments are really positive. I’ll lay odds This Is Us is out first, not even finishing an initial order, followed by Timeless, which will start strong based on viewer curiosity and get a back nine but fizzle when it becomes apparent there isn’t much plot there and not be renewed for a second season, and the Good Place will make a single season based on it being a comedy and NBC not having any bar for its comedies at the moment, but also not be renewed for a second season.

4. Et al. says:

NBC has been trying to kill Superstore since it premiered and now they’re going for the knockout punch putting it against BBT. I hope it continues to defy the odds. It’s a wonderful show.

5. Heba says:

i think i’m gonna add Timeless on my list, and it’s not just because i adore Abigail Spencer. The Good Place is already on my list and it’s because i adore Kristen Bell. not sure about This Is Us, if it does well, maybe i’ll consider it.

6. Joey Padron says:

The Good Place looks good and funny, This Is Us looks good, and Timeless looks pretty good. I would check out first episodes of these shows.

7. Kevin K says:

Out of the three trailers I’ve seen, Timeless is number one on my book because of the casting of Matt Lanter, Abigail Spencer, Malcolm Barrett and Goran Visnjic and the creative duo of Eric Kripke and Shawn Ryan. The Good Place should be NBC’s only hope for a sitcom to breakthrough.

8. Dennis says:

Wow for the first time ever I may actually watch NBC!

Love Kristen Bell and ‘Timeless’ looks great. And ‘This is Us’ looks good too :)

9. Ashley says:

All three of these actually look pretty good. None are an, “OMG, MUST. WATCH” but definitely worth a look.

10. michael says:

Our first cancellation is The Good Place. Say Goodbye to Ted Danson’s dignity and Kirsten Bell’s career.

11. chadcronin says:

They are different and I wouldn’t expect any to last but I will try all 3. Still really want Cruel Intentions. Nice to see Milo’s butt again.

12. Dayna says:

Who plays the doctor in This Is Us?

13. fernando933 says:

I’m all in for The Good Place thanks to Kristen Bell I freaking adore her. It would be so much better if Dax was on the show they are an amazing couple.

14. The Good Place looks funny, though it’s tough to make a call on the comedic flow of the show based on the trailer. It’s an original idea and much different from what I thought it was.

This is Us looks like a Lucky7- show with a likeable cast that will have a hard time breaking out, because there is nothing high concept about it.

Abigail Spencer looks beautiful in Timeless, but it looks like another one of those post LOST high concept failures that have difficulty to be sustained over more than a couple of episodes. Also, the whole race angle played in the trailer comes off really flat.

15. Mark says:

Timeless just looks like a rehash of 12 Monkeys without the plague. The good place another PC correct comedy boring, Give it some edge attack religion with humour. All the shows look like they are going out of there way to be correct and tick all the boxes didn’t the networks learn from shows like the blacklist and girls that people don’t want shows that just tick boxes. Different is good. Same rubbish is boring done and old.

• tvjunkie says:

As if 12 Monkeys was original in the sense that it involves time travel. It’s like you just picked 1 of any number of random time travel shows or movies to put it down. It really doesn’t look much like 12 Monkeys or other than the time travel aspect. The future doesn’t appear to be a burnt out shell of a planet in Timeless. So what other than time travel makes the 2 shows look similar?

16. Murica! says:

All three shows look really bad.

17. Too soon to care about any of fall tv since the bloodbath is probably not over yet. As usual, good shows got canned and bad shows stay. Shows will be re-arranged more than once and you will have to search for your favs. I’ll wait…been burned too many times.

18. Beth says:

Who is the actress who is having a baby in “This Is Us”? Looks really familiar but I couldn’t get a clear view of her

19. Rick23 says:

This is Us looks good. Huge Kristen Bell and Abilgail Spencer fan but those trailers aren’t really doing anything for me.

20. Goldenvibefan says:

Timeless looks pretty cool! I’ll check it out. Probably will check out this is us too, cause I love a good part of the cast.

21. JosiahBartlet4President says:

The Good Place looked funny. Can that plot be maintained? I guess we will find out.

22. Aadil says:

Did we see milo’s ass on NBC?

23. Sarah96 says:

These look amazing especially This is us very emotional :)
    Kristen bell is in The Good place so I’ll definitely check it out.
    I can’t wait for Emerald City, Midnight Texas and Powerless in midseason..its a shame they don’t show the trailers right know.

24. Polly says:

why the timeless time machine is the CBS eye? :D

25. Analog says:

Is that an ass on the trailer? LOL

Anyway This is Us looked better than I expected.

26. LE says:

The Good Place looks good! But it seems like a compatible partner to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which was supposed to be on NBC so I don’t know.

27. I want to see Timeless that looks interesting.

28. EM80 says:

What about Patient Zero, which was given a straight to series order last year?

29. Goldenvibefan says:

Patty from the flash is in timeless, didn’t even notice that the first time I saw the trailer. AWESOME :D

30. James D says:

Sigh :( not one looks like a show I’d watch more than two or three episodes. I’d only watch this is us for the cast and I’d probably only last the first three minutes, sorry Justin Hartley you were an awesome Oliver Queen. As a historian id give Timeless a look because what historian wouldn’t want to get the chance to go back in time :)

31. Lindsey says:

I’m so excited for This Is Us, the cast alone makes me very eager for the show. I love a good emotional drama/comedy anyday. I’ll definitely watch Timeless too.

32. Angie says:

O.K. I’m a sucker cuz I want to see all of these shows………..

33. A says:

This Is Us made me cry. AND are they allowed to show bare butt? Not complaining, Milo has a nice booty.

34. M3rc_Nate says:

Timeless looks good, but two things have me worried. 1) It’s on NBC. They are not known for making good shows (especially dramas) IMO. 2) If it is good, that means (being a time-travel show) that it is smart. What are the odds a smart time-travel show doesn’t get cancelled on network TV?
    The Good Place looks funny, I love Kristen Bell and I LOVE the guy who created Parks & Rec and B99 (shows I love). That is a must watch for me.
    This is Us looks interesting but I don’t know what it is actually about. I’m not really that into human drama pieces about regular life (Parenthood, etc) because I can’t stand the eventual melodrama and cheating and scandals and soapy writing that comes.

35. Dalyce says:

With Eric Kripke of “Supernatural” behind Timeless I’ll give it a chance. The other two not so much…tired of comedy overload (*bleh*).

36. Boiler says:

NBC has shown this week why I had kept away from them. I bet none of these do better than Laura(and I really like Kristen Bell)

37. killerdark916 says:

Networks should just start releasing pilots online and have people vote on which ones they want to see move forward.

38. IRON WILL says:

This isbUs should be renamed This SUCKS!!!

Who would watch that kind of emotional dribble?!

39. jenna says:

I wasn’t all that excited based on the premise of any of these shows but all three of the trailers have promise. Like other commenters I will give all 3 a shot

40. Eni says:

So happy to see Patty from The Flash on Timeless although it looks like things don’t end well for her character.

41. TIMELESS LOOKS GREAT But I bet ya NBC will end of canceling it The Good Place can go either way THIS IS US is CRAP will TANK

42. flower1petals says:

This is Us reminds me if parenthood, which I adored. So a definite watch. Timeless also looks good, as I love history. I’m not a big fan of comedies. Most if them aren’t really great. So I watch them on Netflix from time to time.

43. Sheldon W. says:

The Good Place could be amazing (I’m already loving the quasi-cursing!); This Is Us feels like a bunch of familiar ideas jammed together, and Timeless could be 7 Days with more chrononauts (aka, yet another attempt to capture the wonderfulness of Doctor Who).

44. hannah says:

Timeless looks like a show that could be good on cable but will be watered down to bland and boring on network TV and ultimately canceled after a few episodes.

45. madhatter360 says:

Calling it now, if it gets renewed, the season 2 finale of Good Place has the real Eleanor showing up.

46. jj says:

Good Place will be gone before midseason.

47. Daniel snow says:

This is us, not interested.

Timeless, looks good I’m going to check it out.

This is a good place, I probably won’t check that out. But maybe a few episodes later I’ll watch the first one and see if it will get me hooked later

48. Gerald says:

Looks Like NBC has 3 winners.

49. donholley77 says:

Timeless & This is us look cool! Good place not so much…

50. Liam says:

Do we know if NBC are going to release trailers for their midseason shows?