Undateable Cancelled

Undateable Cancelled by NBC

NBC has decided that Undateable is also unrenewable, TVLine has learned.

RELATED 2016 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

The three-year-old sitcom — based on Ellen Rakieten and Anne Coyle’s book Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won’t Be Dating or Having Sex — starred former Whitney leading man Chris D’Elia as perennial singleton Danny Burton. After scoring with a live Season 2 finale, the show went all live, all the time for Season 3 (notably taking a week off in November 2015 in the wake of the Paris attacks). However, ratings still went south after the series was moved from Tuesdays to Fridays.

Maybe there just weren’t enough undateables at home on a Friday night to tune in. What about you — are you sorry that the show won’t be getting a Season 4? Hit the comments.

1. LADY_in_MD says:

Aww this sucks loved undatable!

2. Kevin K says:

It was funny till the very end and the entire season went LIVE. RIP Undateable :-(

3. Roger Buchana says:

This is basically ALL NBC’s fault. Live shows were awesome and social media response was high. But Tuesday to Friday for comedies is a death sentence. Why in hell would anyone in their right mind sell a comedy to NBC. Just look at their track record.

4. Annie says:

noooooooooo, favourite sit com :(

5. TV Gord says:

They had something very special with this show. I think canceling it is short-sighted. They could have had the next Seinfeld-sized (relative to today’s realities) hit on their hands.

6. Joe says:

Maybe if it Chicago in front of it it would have been renewed j/k that sucks

7. Mary in Ohio says:

Dang it! I loved this show.

8. Sarah says:

Nooo! This show was my happy place! :(

9. Casto says:

Not been happy with quite a few of the cancellations but this one stings the most. This show was just so much fun. Got to see the guys live on comedy tour too and it was great. Going to miss this one a lot.

10. iakovos says:

Not a favorite of mine at all, but yet another example of missed opportunity by a broadcast network. Fridays? And paired with a formulaic quickly forgettable sitcom. No chance of success there.-

11. Daphne says:

This makes me sad, loved Undateable! Plus, having it air live was awesome, it made the show even better!

12. Bill says:

This sucks. I was hoping this would get renewed. Thanks for the awful time slot, NBC.

13. T says:

This and The Muppets are the ones that hurt the most. Funny shows that deserve better- not sure why the networks don’t try harder to find an audience.

14. anontvxpert says:

This is the only cancellation I’m sad about. This sucks. Hopefully someone else will pick the show up.

15. Mike Cuarlante says:

My favorite show EVER!!!! Nbc just playing the numbers, not creativity.

Will miss Danny, Justin etc.

16. Michelle says:

Dayum!!! This makes me uber-angry!!! I♡Chris D’elia. This show was cute AND funny AND different.

17. Kris says:

So upset about this. I loved this show.

18. Kris says:

I really liked this show. Sorry to see it go.

19. Stacey says:

Undateable was one of the best shows on TV I think it should not be cancelled and maybe if putting it on Fridays wasn’t good they should have put it back on Tuesdays …bring Undateable back!!

20. Alvaro says:

This one hurts :(

21. Evan says:

Now I”m sure we’ll never see their Lip Sync Battle episode. One last moment.

22. Wow. Way to shoot yourselves in the foot, NBC. This was one of the only shows I even watched on TV. You wonder why you’re losing so many viewers to Netflix, YouTube and… literally every other medium designed to deliver quality content to its viewers? This is why.

R.I.P., one of the only truly funny shows on television today. Such a shame.

23. NBC has cancelled all of its comedies except Superstore

24. Rob Horine says:

Time for Hulu or Netflix to order this for a 4th season. Live or not.

25. Chris f says:

Yes very upset this is being canceled. Undateable is genius. Maybe try another night.

26. Tenney says:

Nooooooooo!!!!! This cancellation hurts just a bit more than the other ones because this show is ridiculously funny. Drat!

27. Tina Scott says:

I’m really upset that NBC cancelled another great comedy show!!!

28. mstarkey says:

that sucks

29. HAP says:

Reading this ruined my week. When they went live, not only did they become unique on television, but the chemistry among the actors, knowing they were on live made part of the fun. Absolutely terrible decision by NBC. It could not possibly have been about costs.

30. Karen says:

That’s too bad. It was a fun show. The live episodes made us feel like we were in on the joke. Hopefully the cast will land somewhere else and we will get to enjoy them again some day.

31. Bradley Martens says:

Somewhere in there is a good Whitney Cummings kiss of death joke ;-)

32. Sheila says:

A shame. The live aspect was fun, and what else did they have going on Friday nights?

33. Carla Krae says:

I didn’t like it as much when it was 100% live. They could never go anywhere anymore and it limited storylines.

34. jenna says:

so disappointed by this! I loved this show!! The only show I’d watch twice within a 24 hr period

35. Joey Padron says:

Sad the show is cancelled. Such a great and fun show. I’ll miss it so much!

36. Jess DeMello says:

I love CHRIS D’ELIA!!!! Wtf!!!! Just seen him at the Wilbur Theater in Boston. Nbc sucks!!!!!! He’s the best comedian of our generation. As he would say “suck a dick.”

37. Kathleen says:

I looked forward to Undateable. I laughed until I cried. Going to miss the show!

38. Emily says:

I am so upset all the good shows that I watch a re getting cancelled and I hate I loved this show and I will continue too ,#rip,undateable

39. Pam says:

This show was fantastic! Why does nbc ruin everything?

40. Melanie Rogers says:

Bull!!!! One of the funniest shows on tv definitely the best one on NBC!!!

41. niloofar says:

no more Tv’s Scott Foley😭

42. Nick Hinton says:

I hate that this show was cancelled! I loved the live season and hope the whole class does Broadway or Vegas Strip clubs. Can’t wait to see what the the cast members hav to say about the cancellation

43. Adam says:

This show, Agent Carter, The Grinder and Faking it’s cancellations are making me very sad today.

44. christopher bee says:

What a stupid decision. I understand the money aspect of a Network but c´mmon, this show is golden, loved the live´s.

Another one great bites the dust and i´m sad for this weeks bloodbath.

45. Hate that there won’t be another season of Undateable. But since it’s natural to adapt books into movies, then maybe we should look forward to “Undateable: The Movie”? :D

46. undateablenotlivewasbetter says:

this show was good but didnt need to be live, it was better when it was a regular prerecorded show. also I didnt care for the live musical performances, thats when they lost me, i dont need another 5 minutes of show wasted by some band plugging there albums, the comedy itself was good and the jokes were well executed. but they screwed around with the formula too much, the first 2 seasons were way better than the final one.

47. Rob Kaniuk says:

Should have moved it to Monday’s, there is absolutely nothing on TV Monday’s . It’s a shame that the only comedy worth laughing at is now gone. I was angry that Whitney got canceled also. NBC needs to get their head out of their ass

48. ashmal1 says:

Undateable cancelled = FUNBC

49. Lori says:

this was my favorite show, it was clever, hilarious, great actors, smart writing, live awesome music and its a shame that NBC doesn’t take notice of that and lets a great show go because of there fault for moving them to Fridays, you need to give them a chance back on a Tuesday and then see how fate plays out. BEGGING PLEASE