Game of Silence Preview

Game of Silence Cancelled at NBC

It’s one and done for NBC’s Game of Silence.

The Peacock network on Friday confirmed that the thriller — which counted David Lyons, Michael Raymond-James and Larenz Tate among its cast — will not return for a second season.

Adapted by executive producer David Hudgins from the Turkish series Suskunlar, Game of Silence starred Lyons as Jackson Brooks, a Houston attorney who, on the heels of adding a beautiful and successful fiancée to his life, is visited upon by two childhood friends, from their old, small hometown of Brennan. Chaos ensued.

Are you disappointed that the Game is over? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Lala says:

Shame…
    Can NBC please put us out of our misery regarding Laura…..renewed/cancelled

• BlakeB says:

Game of Silence was one of the only shows I look forward to seeing every week!! Great acting, great plotline. It sucks that it didn’t get a real shot.. I’m so so bummed 👎🏽😭

• Pauline Johnson says:

I feel the same, I really liked Game of Silence, still hoping another network will pick it up!

• Julia says:

I concur – – I was really looking forward to seeing where they went with this show. It is a great cast and I truly think they need to reconsider cancelling.

• I don’t know how many of you guys remember a great little show CBS came out with last year late in the regular season called Battle Creek. CBS put the show on at a time that other season long fan invested hits were still winding down the year. So Battle Creek with the very good Dean Winters as one of the headliners was cancelled after six weeks. They ran the final episodes. This year, surprise, another smart move has resulted in the cancellation. This time NBC gets the dummy trophy. Game of Silence was great. Great cast great authenticity. Why why why do networks start these new shows right in the middle of established shows? I’m going back to cable.

• Shelly Coey says:

I agree.

• I agree -hope you are reading all these comments

• Nicol Francis says:

I feel the same way I wish they would reconsider

• phemine chayuga says:

Its hurting really…imagining David Lyon cut out just like that…it was really good n was so eager to watch sn2, I haven’t given up waiting…hopefully am not wrong!

• Krishna says:

👍

• Barbara Porter says:

Why do the best shows get cancelled? And we still see some long running shows that should have ended a long time ago. Can’t we get something going so they will change their minds not to cancel. We love Game of Silence.

• Linda Swanson says:

I agree keep game of silence it’s awesome the cast the story line all of it!

• GEE PYLES says:

I’VE BEEN SAYING THE SAME THING LIKE,REALLY? WHY ALWAYS THE GOOD BUT THE BAD&KEEP MAKING “NEW” BAD!!!!! RIDICULIOUS.

• Melva Conrad says:

We look forward to watching Game of Silence, please reconsider your decision, this is the best series we have watched in a very long time.

• M Barranti says:

I agree !!!! One of the best shows on TV this year. Why don’t they care about good TV anymore. I thought this show would be on for many seasons !!!!

• Diana Mahoney says:

I found that game of silence was so excellent. It left me on the edge of my seat wanting more .
            I don’t understand why they have to take off the best and leave stupid shows on .let’s try to petition.

• Tammie Lee Murphy says:

Wright

• Michelle Mapp says:

Totally Agree!!! Please please please DO NOT cancel this terrific show. Listen to the viewers please.

• Julia says:

I agree, the best shows get cancelled and the mediocre and boring ones survive!! What’s going on? Why get us hooked to a show we look forward to, and the cancel it?? What a disappointment!!

• Keishon Boswell says:

A petition sounds great! I just found out that the show was canceled and I’m pissed.

• Barbara Ellis says:

I am with you 100% This show should carry on… lift this cancelled Ban… I cant get our during evenings due to being a Registered Carer for hubby…. this was a show that really kept me wanting more and more and should not have ended up like this !!!

• Kenzie says:

Literally devastated…especially after tonight’s episode. This was the first show I’ve got hooked on in YEARS. Such a great cast and plot line. WHY NBC?!?!?

• Donna Heflin says:

I agree loved it

• Marianne Morris says:

I agree!

• Katie Ward says:

I know that’s what I said… They really left us hanging… Hopefully Netflix or Hulu or someone picks it up… This is the first show I’ve looked forward to seeing in so long!!

• Cheri says:

I just found out that Game of Silence won’t be returning, what a shame. I thought it was a great show and I wonder why the various networks think so little of their fans that they cancel shows with a shocking season finale and then never resolve the story that viewers have invested in for several episodes. I’m getting really leery of starting new programs since it seems to happens that way often.

• YES. Here’s to another network being smart enough to see how they can take advantage of NBC’s short sightedness.

• Carol says:

The ending was bad leaves u hanging they could of wrapped it up better – I agree there such garbage shows and this was good one

• Ken says:

I agree. Fantastic show. Best show of the season. And to think Scream Queeens was renewed.

• Rick Marlowe says:

My wife kids friends really looked forward to Game of Silence and Family. I sure hope another net work picks the up. Please,please, please. Rick M Boulder, Co.

• Sabrina says:

I agree! I really like this show, and it’s hard to find a good show these days.

• Tesha says:

This is a great show!!! My coworkers and I can’t wait to discuss it each week. Why is it being cancelled

• forsa says:

I agree, Unfortunately, we depend on people that are not very smart and like to watch idiotic programs like Grey anatomy and Jane the virgin, really !!!!

• JulieM says:

GAME OF SILENCE FANS… tune in Thurs. June 2nd and SUNDAY June 5th!
        Live tweet with cast & crew!!

• peegee says:

I agree especially since they have unaired episodes. For the life of me I don’t understand how things like Lifetime movies keeps on going with their ridiculous plots, and ridiculous heroines. I just started to watch one and when the forensic scientist showed up in a low cut blouse, pencil skirt and stilettos as she trucked through the murder scene- I deleted the whole thing – These are the new bodice busters of the old books

• Gina says:

Any chance it may b picked up by another network, i.e. USA, TNT,etc? I felt cheated by the abrupt ending, especially the last scene w/awesome Sharon Lawrence. How about NBC showing a little respect for their viewers?

• JulieM says:

GAME OF SILENCE FANS… tune in Thurs. June 2nd and SUNDAY June 5th!
        Live tweet with cast & crew!!

• Beverly says:

I loved Game of Silence … Excellent story and looked forward to Thursday nights. You should give this show a real chance at success.

• Ines martinoli says:

Whyyyyyy????? so sad. It was one of my favorite show! Please reconsider!!!

• It’s not if we think it’s a good show or not — and I do. It’s about ratings which translates into dollars. That’s all that drives the decisions. I get it. Just a shame more people didn’t watch the show to bump up the ratings.

• mona says:

i am pissed about this i was wondering what was going on damn

• donna says:

me tooooooooooooooooo, i just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed that show sooooooooooooooooooooo much

• Kathy Lee says:

Me too

• Katherine says:

Do not cancel Game of Silence. I love it, the characters, the storyline & I want that former warden to be prosecuted to full extent of the law.

• Jessica says:

I totally agree!!

• Bella says:

Me too :(

• SHIRLEY PARSONS says:

only show I couldn’t wait to watch. JUst hope you plain to finish it.I THINK IT WAS THE BEST ON TV IN A LONG TIME..WE NEED AN ENDING .

• jeanne81 says:

Agreed!

• Sue Adams says:

I agree!!! Why do all the good shows get cancelled? Some of us aren’t fans of the dumb ass 1/2 hour sitcoms . . . some of us actually like a show that keeps you interested and makes you think!! Maybe it’s all part of the dumbing down of America. :(

• My husband and I loved Game of Silence…I hope someone else picks it up the sorty line is NOT over..Not fair thaey should have had an ending !!!

• Michelle Mc says:

I totally agree! This was a GREAT show! I always looked forward to watching it every week. The network totally left the viewers hanging in the end, it would have been so easy to pick up for a second season!

• Gretchen Webb says:

Amen!!!

• Krishna says:

I’m so bummed too.

• Desiree says:

This sucks! I love this show! This and the Family are both cancelled. Why are they cancelling good shows when there is so much crap on tv?

• Susan B says:

You got that right! But let’s be sure The Bachelor and other such “reality” shows stay put! And let’s not Forget Nashville! Great show – talented cast and wonderful music.

• Bre says:

Game of Silence is an amazing show. I looked forward to tuning in every week. Awesome cast, mysterious plot, and great acting. NBC should seriously reconsider giving this show a second chance.

• JulieM says:

Game Of Silence is one of the best shows to air in a very long time!

#GAME OF SILENCE FANS…
      tune in Thurs. June 2nd (Ep. 8+9….2 hours!) and SUNDAY June 5th for 1 hr. finale on NBC.
      Live tweet with cast & crew!! Watch/Tweet/FB…these numbers matter to networks.

• Summer says:

That was a great show that had you sucked in from the jump….it sucks that now you will never know what happened. NBC please reconsider

• Lisa says:

Omg!! No kidding.

2. Kevin K says:

Another failed series for David Lyons. Both Game of Silence and The Player were destined to give NBC high hopes but never had a chance to get a big boost for a Blacklist lead-in respectively.

• PatriciaLee says:

We loved The Player. The husband sat on the edge of the couch, watching every move that Wesley Snipes made, considering him a true expert. He kept saying that the biggest mistake the series did was not having Snipes do his martial arts from the first part of the first episode. There are tons of action scenes and shows on the air that the husband just shrugs off, “Amateurish”. I consider it the highest compliment to the show and Mr. Snipes’ talents for the husband to be riveted to every moment.

3. wrstlgirl says:

So I suppose it will have no ending just like The Family.

• HeatherC says:

The cast and producers said up front that there is a big payoff in the finale along with laying some groundwork in case they got picked up for another season. I think we’ll get some decent answers as long as NBC actually airs the rest of this season and doesn’t cut it short (which would irritate the crap out of me). I love this show. Everyone does such a great job. Shame it couldn’t find more of an audience. =(

• Yvonne says:

So upsetting. I like both Game of Silence and The Family. :(

• Jenny says:

I’m with you. Those were my two favorite shows. I’m so frustrated with these networks. I guess you can’t watch a new show anymore for fear it will be cancelled.

• Joyce Mueller says:

Just when you get into a show and look forward to seeing it every week they pull the rug out from under. So tired of reality shows and contests of strength. All they seem to want are mindless waste of time shows without any storyline or thought involved. So tired of good quality shows being cancelled shortly after your in the middle of enjoying them. Cannot imagine who would cancel this show but leave shows of no substance on. Not pleased !!!! NBC you screwed up !!

• Sara Zerby says:

So upsetting………I loved The Family and all their cast members. Andrew McCarthy was my favorite in The Family. I love Game of Silence…..the storyline is phenomenal and the actors and actresses are the best

4. Ralph says:

There was a show called Game of Silence? Who Knew?

• It was a great show….one of my favorites. They only showed 3 shows….How can anyone judge by watching 3 shows. Tired of all the CSI’s and NCIS’s…Game of Silence was different.

• Beverly says:

Yes, very disappointed in hearing Game of Silence is canceled just as it was getting interesting. I was enjoying the new series and wish it could have got a second chance!

• PJ says:

I think NBC should just advertise Game of Silence…do talk show circuits with stars so people watch! It’s so good!

• Mabel says:

missed a great show

5. One of the best shows on TV! So, once again, we get engaged in a great show and someone at the top decides it has to be cancelled. Maybe, just maybe, a great cable network will pick it up or better still….Netflix!! I’m so sick of starting to watch these new shows and enjoying them and before I know it they’re cancelled!

6. Yoko says:

Now this I’m disappointed in! Darn.

7. Sally McLinn says:

LOTS of cancellations the Network are on a run. Some good some bad.

• lechatnoir says:

This is a bloodbath , they are killing shows left right and centre. I stopped watching Games of silencio after 2 episodes , i truly believe the formatted US format didn’t do the premise justice. I thought the family was passable , its OK that they got rid of it. They need stronger shows.

8. I’m just devastated that GAME OF SILENCE has been cancelled. So many fantastic talents (writing, acting, crew – just everybody involved) and so much great work went into making this cable-worthy series. I’m personally invested as the mom of actor Ian Gregg, who played Young Dennis, but this is such a great story. Would so thoroughly have loved to see where it would have taken us. Heartbroken…

9. Giselle says:

I love this show….bring it back please

10. jerrired says:

Ugh. Well there goes my third one. Officially 3 for 3 with the new shows I actually really liked. Next year, I’m only watching new shows from the CW or CBS comedies. They’re almost guaranteed a renewal.

11. Kermit says:

Poor David Lyons.

12. MMD says:

Glad I hadn’t started to watch any of the episodes yet on my dvr and have now deleted. I’ve been burned too many times.

And TPTB wonder why so many people are avoiding network shows, with very few exceptions, and stick with cable, Netflix, BBC, Amazon, or whatever the hell streaming services are available in their country………………………………..

• N8frogg78 says:

Why delete them? It’s a good show and one of the few network shows I watch. They’ve already said that the season will have a big payoff. The story should be finished.

• Marie Tirado says:

I can’t believe Game of Silence has been cancelled. Real lousy ending. Is another network going to pick it up?

13. Jeff Peariso says:

It is a great show

14. Steve F. says:

Yet another David Lyons show bites the dust (at least Revolution made it to season 2)…

• lechatnoir says:

Dave Lyons is heading to movies jail with all those flops . I wonder if any of the Greg Berlantey’s shows has been cancelled.

• Stefani says:

So true, I loved revolution too. And they left it with a crappy ending. Game of silence and revolution 2 great shows.

15. Sherri says:

I am so upset Game of Silence has been canceled by NBC. Are they crazy. This show is so intense, so real and the actors are great. Shame shame shame NBC.You did not get this one right. SAF

16. Juli says:

I loved this show…the acting was really good and the plot was great. NBC you need to give good shows a chance, it’s not like the peacock network is doing so well.
    KEEP GAME OF SILENCE ON!!!!!!

17. Maria says:

I love Game of Silence, it’s only television show I look forward to at the end of the week! Why why why?

18. Why cancel such a great show.

19. Patricef says:

I love game of Silence!! That’s a mistake👎🏽

20. Patrice says:

Love Game of silence!! Big mistake👎🏽

21. Russia says:

Why is it going away ?? This show is so good !!!! Please don’t take another good show away it needs a season two !! If you only give a show one season you don’t really give it a chance at all . stop taking away good shows and putting lame shows on air . it’s a shame your getting rid of this show !!

22. afteritairs says:

I’m not surprised by this at all. It doesn’t have the feel of a show that was going to stick around.

That said, I still don’t understand why Quantico was given a full season AND renewed.

23. Hoprey Sibley. says:

Just like NBC to mess up again. Game of silence is a great show. I saw no advertising for the show and it still has a 3.5 rating. What is wrong with you NBC?

24. carmen says:

I can’t believe they cancelled this show I loved this show . Please bring it back they have to get the bad guys

25. Corey Miller Furtaw says:

My husband and I love this show and have gotten several friends hooked on it as well. We are all disappointed in the news of it being cancelled!

26. Gennifer Young says:

Loved this show. You suck NBC.

27. R.Andreia says:

I said that I wasnt trying anymore NBC shows because they all get cancelled (Crisis, the Event, Revolution). This one looked good so I tried it anyway and look what happened. If SVU ever ends I can officially forget NBC exists.

28. Never watched because the promos made it look so cringe-worthy: good acting = yelling! your! lines!

29. Jamie says:

Worst acting I ever saw

30. Nicole says:

Such a great show, so disappointed that this show has been canceled! I really enjoyed it!!

31. Derrick Thomas says:

Definitely not cool. Once again a great show that wasn’t given time to really be appreciated. It most certainly deserves a second season.

32. A R Singleton says:

Please do not cancel this show. I believe the story will develop over time but I feel it needs a few seasons to do so. I think the subject matter is difficult for many but still this was a very good show. I am disappointed to hear this news.

33. J says:

Such a good show!!! It shouldn’t be cancelled

34. Carejeff says:

Game of Silence has a great cast and I hate that NBC isn’t giving it time to succeed.

35. Donna says:

Very disappointing. This is the only network drama we watch and have been looking forward to it each week. Come on NBC….try a little harder to promote shows and give them a second season.

36. Rikki says:

Never fails. I should know better than to like a new show on NBC. My husband, and I really like this show. The story is intense, and different from every other show on television. Game of Silence was definitely a hit in this house.

37. Kelly says:

It just started. I’m hooked. Why don’t they give shows a chance anymore?

38. SHEWANDA WILLIAMS says:

Please dont cancel this show, change the time and day

39. Tracy Chapman says:

I really like this show. They always cancel the good ones.

40. Audrey says:

Poor decision NBC on cancelling Game of Silence. You never give the good shows a chance. I’m sure or hopeful another network picks it up….then you’ll be wishing you should have stuck out..

41. Carmen says:

I really like game of silence. Come back!!! Season 2 is needed!!!!

42. Lee says:

I am dissapointed Game is Silence is cancelled. It was interesting and I liked the characters

43. Lee says:

Really like this show. Only show on Network tv that I watch
    Good acting and a S eloping plot

44. Pat says:

Very disappointed that Game of Silence was canceled as it was a great show. Network didn’t give it a fair chance.

45. Kym says:

Anything that makes sense and not full of naked people and drama they take off the air. SMH

46. This show is awesome and shouldn’t be dropped. Crowded is also hilarious. It sad that you don’t give shows a chance to catch an audience. You always cancel after one season. I wish you reconsider or find a new timeslot for it and earlier time especially for Games of Silence. The story line is thrilling to watch.

47. Cornel Alston says:

I really like the show, there are at least five other shows I’d would have cancelled be this, I hope Netflix picks it up.

48. Thomas says:

It’s a catch-22: people don’t commit to new shows because they know it will likely get cancelled, shows get cancelled because people refuse to commit. Why do they even bother starting these dramas? I’m done committing. I should have known better. No point and a waste of time

49. Don't want to end the game says:

Super disappointed – I really fell in love with Game of Silence – I want to know what’s going to happen. There is so much of the story left to tell – how can they just end it like this? Really loving the storyline- the twists and turns- new actors. Totally bummed :( I really don’t understand the low ratings – I am super eager to watch it every Thursday. Please try longer – don’t give up yet!!

• Candice Botticello says:

I agree… I LOVE this show!!! I don’t watch much on tv, but this was a great one. Disappointed that we won’t get to see it all play out. Hope they reconsider!!!

50. NATHAN Bowen says:

Yes frustrated very good show