Exclusive

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Finale Video: 'Fallen Agent' Mystery Gets New Twist

Being the “fallen agent” is an actual cross to bear — and your latest theory about which of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will die is about to zag, courtesy of this sneak peek from the two-hour Season 3 finale.

When last we tuned into ABC’s already renewed Marvel drama, Elena aka “Yo-Yo” (played by Natalia Cordova-Buckley) paid a visit to Mack (Henry Simmons), to reflect on the day’s events, revisit the topic of having “faith” and then gift him with her cross necklace — which, as seen in a flash-forward, floating in the cabin of a vessel in outer space, marks our only clue as to who might die in the finale.

The two-hour season ender, titled “Absolution”/”Ascension,” promises “a showdown a season in the making” as S.H.I.E.L.D. takes on Hive. In the exclusive clip above, Mack puts the final touches on part of an elaborate trap designed to take down Hive. But as the scene unfolds, possession of the portentous necklace changes hands, seemingly removing Mack from the cross hairs. Maybe…?

Watch the sneak peek and then cast your vote for the “fallen agent.”

1. Although I wish it was Lincoln, I’m still thinking the death is either May or Fitz.

2. Joey Padron says:

It could be Mack, Fitz, or Elena. It’s gonna be sad to find out who will die in season finale.

3. Tom says:

I REALLY want it to be Lincoln. Like really, really. I also want this to be Brett Dalton’s last season.

• Alichat says:

“I also want this to be Brett Dalton’s last season.”

This. This so much.

• Jimmy says:

I’m with you on Brett Dalton. So tired of Ward. He stopped being interesting after season 2.

• Christina says:

Really like Brett. Really can’t stand Ward. So I guess I’m in the last season for Brett camp, but I also want him to have a job!

• There are tons of acting jobs out there. With Brett’s talent, which has been on full display in AoS (the show allowed him to essentially portray 3 different characters in as many seasons) , and the popularity/fanbase he’s gained from the role of Ward, I doubt he’ll have trouble landing a new gig.

• partisan says:

No offense to Brett Dalton but I am so very sick of the producers contortions to keep him on the show. Let it go, cast a new good looking bad guy and move on.

• CC says:

YES. Both of these things. So much.

• I’m indifferent to Lincoln (although I’d MUCH rather lose him than any other other team member), but I couldn’t agree more about Ward, or “Ward’, whatever. As talented as the actor is, this character has truly overstayed his welcome.

4. Katherine215 says:

Honestly, there is practically no one on the show I want to die. I really don’t like Daisy but I know she’s safe. I guess I’m hoping it’s Elena since she has the least time on the show, though I hate the idea of another female POC dying on a tv show, as well as what it will do to poor Mack.

5. Rebecca Costa says:

I don’t care who goes as long as its not May or Coulson. I would really prefer it be Daisy but they would never kill her.

6. Tess says:

Okay, Coulson and Daisy are – let’s assume – safe (they were both already dead). Mack and Elena just seem too on the nose. Fitz and Simmons… I hope that they don’t want to risk that nuclear backlash, they would have been with the most emotional impact but sometimes it’s not worth that inevitable rage. May is a possibility but if I look at it from the stunt point of view – she is their gold – even more so with Bobbi gone (Mack is about punches and guns with his presence and built), when you hear Chloe describing her acting while “quaking” it’s hard not to laugh, without May they have no “real” fighters. Lincoln is possible – it can push Daisy in another way and James /Hellfire/ was her boyfriend in comics. The least impact (for me) would have been Joey, cgi for his character is one of the more complicated ones but they kinda solved it with having him away for a time. If they want to go for emotionaI I vote for Lincoln, if it’s “only” for “we have to kill somebody because we had that flashback” I vote for Joey.

7. Bill says:

I hope it’s may

8. jerrired says:

I hope it is NOT Lincoln. The character still needs time to grow, plus he’s too easy to kill and not that much of an emotional impact as it is if one of the originals die. I also don’t really want anyone to die. Can the TV deaths cool it for like five minutes? However, I think it’ll kind of be a fake out. Someone will fall, but turn into an inhuman. My bet is Fitz or May, possibly Coulson too.

9. Cynthia says:

What has Joey been up to? I think it could be him? I just don’t know!!!!
    Why oh why must ANYONE die?!?!

10. Ben says:

After the Andrew storyline was resolved, I’m picking that it’s May.

I’d really be sad if it’s anyone, but Fitz, Simmons or Mack would really hurt.

11. Joker Jack says:

Mack needs to die. Honestly, why are they even keeping him? His storyline sucks. The show can survive without him. He is there simply to have the mandatory black person.

12. Jamie says:

Lincoln’s continual instance that Inhuman’s have a purpose makes me think it’ll be an Inhuman who’ll ultimately make the sacrifice, and it’ll probably him. I’m still worried about May though, she is the pilot after all and FitzSimmons solely because they are currently happy, which means its doomed.

13. thisischavez says:

It better not be Mack! He’s one of the, if not THE best characters on the show. I’d be extremely disappointed.

14. Steve F. says:

Why can’t there be an option that says, “None of the above – Daisy misinterpreted her vision”? I REALLY don’t want to see anyone go!

15. Bwhit says:

I feel like the cross will be passed to literally everyone in this episode. Every time (insert character’s name) has it, Twitter will explode lol!

16. Ash says:

May better stay. She is the best part of the show.

17. peterwdawson says:

I’ve got Joey, May and Lincoln on the mind. Joey, as nice as his appearances have been, really seems like he’ll be bookended by meeting his end saving the world. You have to imagine his power would be useful for, assumedly, stopping the missile too. Of course the same could be said for Lincoln and he’s not terribly popular despite having an awesome power (lighting’s gotta be in my top three superpower sets). May meanwhile has pretty much lost everything so deciding to have faith as she launches what could turn out to be her last mission, well, it fits.

I really, really don’t want it to be Elena and Mack, I love them both.

18. anthroptomist says:

If they can burn the hive out of Ward, maybe he won’t die until he has one last chance to save mankind as a martyr (in the spaceship)

19. cascascas says:

It’s funny how most of us wants Lincoln to die in the finale.

20. Nobody dies initially, but the team becomes so mad at Daisy for her inaccurate vision, they gang up and kill her. Wishful thinking, I know, but Chloe Bennett is a terrible actress and my least favorite character on the show.

21. has it even been confirmed someone dies?? all we saw was the floating necklace and a shoulder/badge… could have just been a jacket and not an actual person inside

22. Buck Farack says:

I am quite certain the “fallen agent” will not be Mack. Last season, Trip died. If Mack were to die, a certain minority might believe Marvel has a prejudice against blacks.

23. 345 says:

I really hope they get rid of daisy
    she is so annoying