The Newsroom Redux: 'Will McAvoy' Weighs In on Clinton vs. Trump (Video)

Will McAvoy is back to fight the good fight — sort of.

During an appearance on Bloomberg Television’s With All Due Respect, Emmy winner Jeff Daniels channeled the fictitious newsman once more as part of a parody of The Newsroom‘s iconic cold open, in which McAvoy was prompted to say why the United States of America was the best country in the world.

In the clip, McAvoy is reawakened when hosts Mark Halperin and John Heilemann ask Daniels if Donald Trump being the presumptive Republican nominee is an advantage for Hillary Clinton in the upcoming presidential election.

Watch the video above, then drop a comment: Do you wish The Newsroom was still on to weigh in on the 2016 election cycle?

1. Cassie says:

I miss “The Newsroom”…

2. Barbara Mathews says:

We need more of Jon Stewart and Will McAvoy in tv and less of Sarah Palin. And, yes, I firmly believe a fictional character offers more intelligent and sane advice than the former Governor of Alaska.

• David4 says:

Half term governor of Alaska.

Wait until next year when that dumbo has a ‘reality’ judge show… because isn’t America great!

• Jeff says:

As opposed to the half term senator who became president. Bet that doesn’t bother you though.

So tired of Hollywood types trying to “take down” politicians. Only the simpleminded care what you think. Those of us who can think for ourselves are smart enough to form our own opinions.

• David4 says:

I’m thousands of miles away from Hollywood, but nice try.

I’m sick of stupidity running politics. She was governor and resigned because she probably would have been kicked out at some point anyways. Fox News pays more. Obama went to college and was in the state house for many years.

Palin was picked VP because McCain likes blonds.

• bbussey says:

No it doesn’t, because any objective observer who judges on merit and accomplishment as opposed to ideology can see how extremely well this president and his administration has done.

• I second that, Barbara! At least we have John Oliver.

3. Wonder if Sorkin helped in writing that? Would have been great if Daniels had gotten up and made the two pundits walk with him as he pontificated.

4. ame says:

Man I wish that damn show was still on the air…it would’ve been amazing thru this election cycle.

5. Rachael says:

The only thing that would have made this better is if Mac had been holding up the sign. I miss this show! It is sorely needed right now.

6. Mark says:

I think a newsroom marathon is now needed…..netflix get the damn hint already

7. kmac0505 says:

The loss of both the real Jon Stewart and the fictional Will McAvoy silences 2 informed voices that tell us what we need hear, even if we don’t want to hear it. I wish that The Newsroom had another season to match up with the coming elections, and I wish Jon Stewart could be talked into doing something that allows him to share his opinions with the rest of us. Both shows need only run from Labor Day to Election day. Someone should start working on this.

8. KT5 says:

Could we please get President Bartlett or one of the Bartlett administration to weigh in on what is happening in this election? I wish he were running…….

9. Heather says:

I loved The Newsroom. It was one if the best written shows on TV. We need Will McAvoy during this election.

10. M says:

This makes me so f’ing happy that I can’t even feel my face. Just imagine Will and Mac covering this election cycle.

11. Deb L says:

Aaron and Jeff…. Can’t you hear us calling??? My fav show of all time and so bummed when it ended! I still watch it in HBO on demand even though I know every word in every scene.