Emerald City NBC Photos

Emerald City Photos: Meet NBC's Wicked Witch, Dorothy and More

This ain’t your mother’s Wicked Witch.

NBC on Tuesday released a batch of photos from Emerald City, its long-gestating drama set in the merry old land of Oz.

Featured in the gallery below are Florence Kasumba as the Wicked Witch of the East (pictured above), Adria Arjona as Dorothy Gale and Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Lucas, her love interest. Not photographed are Joely Richardson as Glinda and Vincent D’Onofrio as the Wizard of Oz.

A premiere date has not yet been announced.

Click through the gallery below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on Emerald City.

1. Seriously? says:

I don’t think this is thoroughly cooked. It might need to “gestate” some more …. over at SyFy lol.

2. Wendy says:

This could be an interesting take – or a huge failure given its troubled history. At least NBC is willing to take the risk.

3. Cory says:

Tarsem is one of my all time favorite directors so given that he directed the whole season of this I’m willing to to as far as buying a season pass before I even see it. I have a strong feeling I’m gonna love it.

Already looks like a Tarsem production from those few stills.

4. Anne says:

The header photo of the West is enough for me to take a serious interest in this show. Sign me up!

5. Would definitely like to check this out.

6. ToyCannon says:

No Tin Man, Scarecrow or Cowardly Lion?

7. Verity says:

Looks awesome!

8. Not gonna lie – my first thought when I saw the header photo was “Kimberly Nichole? Awesome choice!” Oops….it still sounds like an interesting idea though. A grown up and racially diverse modern day post apocalyptic rewrite of Wizard of Oz? Why not?

9. Max says:

I have the feeling that this won´t work.
    The love interest of Dorothy should to be the Wizard. Nah one season and out.